17 July 2009

Friday Wrap-Up

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Boy, do I need a weekend! Returning to work Wednesday was brutal. I'm not usually whiny about these sorts of things - I just muddle through the muck (I'm a good muck muddler) but Wednesday was just ... just ... EEUUWW!

~*~*~*~*~

Things at home have been ... hmmmmm ... strained isn't really the word I'm looking for but it will have to do. There have been several discussions about what went wrong and what is next for us. Emotions are minimal - no yelling and screaming - just coming to terms with the fact that we both feel trapped by the bad financial decisions we made early in the relationship. I hate to admit defeat, but I don't see any hope for change (hmmm ... sounds like a political campaign slogan, doesn't it?). Our marriage lost the passion long ago - and neither of us is willing to do the work to get it back. It looks like we'll remain "roommates" until we can address the finances in a way that is minimally damaging for each of us, or until one of us get the gonads to walk away and start living life again.

~*~*~*~*~

ffi

And...here we go!

1. Pizza and beer (milk for the kids) make a quick and easy dinner.

2. Prayer Coach (James L. Nicodem) and Fearless Fourteen (Janet Evonovich) is are the book(s) I'm reading right now.

3. July brings back memories of many birthdays, including my 45th tomorrow.

4. The fact that he realized it was over was obvious.

5. They say if you tell your dreams to the ones you love, they'll help make them realities - "they" lied.

6. There is no need to continue to think it over.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to seeing step-daughter (it's been almost a month since I've seen her), tomorrow my plans include picking up Cam's football equipment and attending a BBQ hosted by one of husband's co-workers and Sunday, I want to breathe!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

21 comments:

g-man said...

Well at least now you both understand where the other stands, and hopefully that will reduce the tension. Dialog is good, I do hope that your situation improves for you both, as you gain comfort in your new positions.

My wife read Janet E. books too.

Happy Birthday Love!

Breathe. :)

Another Ordinary Girl said...

It is tough when finances get in the way or making a decision, especially in this economy. Hope you have a happy birthday tomorrow!!

Karen said...

I am not sure I'd vote for a cadidate who says, "I hate to admit defeat, but I don't see any hope for change." Well, unless he/she was talking about the other guy, ;-)

Have a nice and relaxing weekend!

Real Live Lesbian said...

First off...Happy Birthday!

Secondly, I FEEL YOUR PAIN. And I only had to work yesterday and today after vacation. Brutal is the perfect word. I'm whooped.

Thanks again for guest posting over at my place! You rocked it!

tjames said...

Sending you hugs for your birthday!!

Dana said...

g-man, the situation is really just sad. It seems the anger is behind us and now we're just trying to figure out how to get out of this in the most "fair" way.

Janet E books are great mind candy!

And thanks for the birthday wishes!

Another Ordinary Girl, I don't expect my birthday will even be acknowledged, but that's OK - I'll have a little imaginary party in my head!

Karen, you were supposed to leave out the "I hate to admit defeat" part - Hope for Change was the slogan you silly goose!

Dana said...

Real Live Lesbian, thanks for the b-day wishes! It will be spent at the home of one of husband's co-workers and HER *wife* Might just be the best birthday gift I have ever gotten *wink*

I had TONS of fun with the guest post - thank YOU for allowing me the opportunity!

tjames, thank you so much!

Lu' said...

Happy Birthday Starshine :)

Nolens Volens said...

45th, huh? Just few years ahead of me. Hmm. As for the whole roommates thing, get another roommate and kick his ass out. ;)

buffalodick said...

I read an article that stated divorces were down, because with the recession, people can't afford to divorce right now- and are staying together until an upturn in the economy...

Deech said...

Happy B-day!

I agree with the commentors here. You at least know where you stand and you can move forward based on this.

Try to see it as a new beginning and not so much as an ending.

Dana said...

Lu', *BIG GRIN* thank you!

Nolens Volens, ahead of you?? Are you sure?? *wink*

buffalodick, I think I might just have to do a blog post about that very thing! I just learned that since the economy tanked, divorce rates have gone down 37%!

Jay said...

Hopefully you guys can continue the honest dialog and things will be worked out in a fair and honest way. I think a lot of times when both sides finally agree that it's over, things actually get a little better for a while. At least in terms of communication.

M said...

I hate coming back to work after a long vacation. No good can happen on the first few days back as you try to get thru email, recaps of what you missed, and what has been assigned to you in your absence. Hope things are getting better for you there.

And, we'll all acknowledge your birthday even if those around you physically do not!
Happy Birthday!! :)

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I know you saw the cake on The Couch...so HAPPY BIRTHDAY again...

HUGS as far as the rest of this is concerned

3carnations said...

Well, I'm sorry. It sounds uncomfortable...But you sound at peace with it. Good luck.

Reality Check said...

Hey Dana!! Happy Happy Birthday!! I see that you are a cancer also!! woo hooo!!


Sending hugs your way!! ((((HUGS)))) you have been there so many times for me when you prolly did not even know that you calmed me! You are a great person and I wish you many returns of that day!!

Ne

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Maybe the mutual working together to right some wrongs will bring the spice back. Maybe not, but at least you're both on the same page.

Volly said...

Happy Birthday, Dana!

If you have any interest in astrology, you might see about getting a Solar Return chart done. It can give you an idea of what to expect in the coming year -- and it sounds as though many changes are on the horizon.

And yay to Janet Evanovich. Stephanie Plum is one of the most wonderfully real female investigators in literature.

Vixen said...

It's a sad day to finally realize it's pretty much over. And both parties agree. I remember that feeling.

I hope you have a great birthday tomorrow! :)

rage said...

You have to do what is right for you. You need to be happy.

Since I was so late in getting over here I wished you a happy b-day in your post above this one and also dedicated a post to you.