03 July 2009

Friday Wrap-Up

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

What a week! I dropped Cam off for camp Saturday morning and relished in the idea that I would have a week of "un-parenting" time to focus on myself. Ha! My grandiose plans were slapped with a dose of reality when I walked into work on Monday and learned that I had some significant deadlines to meet by Thursday. The 10-hour work days kind of poo-pooed any ideas I might have had for the week.

~*~*~*~*~

Speaking of camp, I get to pick the little bugger up tonight at 6PM. Although I wasn't as bothered with him being gone as I thought I might be, I am quite thrilled to get to see him tonight. We'll have a whirlwind 12 hours though as Cam and I leave for eastern Washington at 7:40 AM tomorrow!

~*~*~*~*~

Things on the home front have been interesting this week. Husband seems to be making quite an effort, and I am attempting to be far more appreciative of the effort he is making. We actually have a "date" today - Jimmy John's for lunch and then the matinee showing of Public Enemies at [THIS] theater.

I'm trying to find balance between being cynical with husband's efforts (I've certainly seen this type of response before - without long-term results) and being open to the hope that maybe he "gets" it this time. It's quite the tightrope walk.

~*~*~*~*~

Why can't I seem to keep up with my blog reading these days? Seems like every time I open up Reader there are 30+ blogs waiting for me! I'm reading all of you, but I'm afraid my commenting has suffered the time crunch. I hate it when that happens!

~*~*~*~*~

ffi

And...here we go!

1. When I heard Michael Jackson died I was amazed at how people focused on only the parts of his life they felt were "good." I wonder if they do that with everyone they know, or just the famous people they "know."

2. Gin & tonic with a squeeze of lime is the best medicine.

3. It's late, but I cannot seem to stop watching the I Love Lucy marathon.

4. I try not to lump behaviors into always.

5. My eyes have seen you - Stand in your door - Meet me inside - Show me some more ...

6. Hope is the companion of power, and mother of success; for who so hopes strongly has within him the gift of miracles. ~Samuel Smiles.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to welcoming my Boo-Bear home, tomorrow my plans include getting on a plane and heading west, with a 90 minute layover in Salt Lake City, and Sunday, I want to do little more than recover from my travels - and wish Kimmehkins a very happy birthday!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

10 comments:

Autumn said...

it's been a busy start to the summer hasn't it with camps and all? i'm excited that you and hubby are going on a date. such a healthy choice...a time to relax and just "be" together.

i loves these friday fill-ins. i really need to get off my ass and find out where to get all the info. happy friday!

Average Chick said...

Enjoy Public Enemies!! I hear it is awesome but don't sit too close to the screen. The close ups will scare this shit out of you....

And on an interesting note, I know where most of that was taped..and vividly remember the detours to get around it!

Good luck on the trip too! Travel safe hun!

Schmoop said...

Have Fun. Cheers!!

Osbasso said...

If it's not beer, it's G&T for me, especially if it's a hot day.

we're doomed said...

Good luck on your date, Dana. I hope camp has been a positive experience for Cam. Please let us know how your trip west is going.

none said...

I'd be afraid to send my son to camp. I've seen to many 80's movies I guess.

rage said...

I think people forgot that MJ was accused of child molestation. What the hell?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes

xoxo

Kim

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Hope you have a fun weekend!

Vixen said...

I'm having the same issues with blogs. So many blogs so little time, lol.

That's a bummer your week was so busy with work related stuff. But maybe it helped take your mind off of missing Cam. :)

I hope your date went well with your husband. *fingers crossed*