1. From Susan Cain's The Power of Introverts blog, The 'I See You' Experiment. This is so out of my comfort zone, but I think I'm going to attempt to incorporate into my days. How many times am I somewhere that someone is wearing a nametag, I look at it, but I don't ever use that information. I feel invisible most of my day - I need to make an effort to make others less invisible in their day.
2. Avocados are now one of my go-to foods, but much of the year they are pretty unripe at the market. Apparently there is a trick to quickly ripen avocados.
3. For those of you who have somehow missed my intolerance of zero-tolerance (See what I did there?), I was thrilled to read that the Los Angeles School Board voted to ban “willful defiance” suspensions in schools. This means that minor offenses (talking back to a teacher, having a cell phone out in class, or refusing to do the work assigned) will no longer result in a suspension, but instead will use alternative discipline, saving suspension for serious offenses.
4. There's a new bikini in town. One for those of us who are
5. I don't know who Sara Bareiles is, but I do like the words to this song. And the video itself? PERFECT!
1. The last day of Cam's Junior year
2. A week at work with both the CFO and the Comptroller out of the office
3. A music parents meeting that had the potential to be explosive but went far better than I expected
4. Lilacs blooming
5. A memorial Day weekend with temps in the 60's
6. An unexpected email from someone letting me know they thought of me
7. A new season of Master Chef
8. A week without any appointments/meetings during the work day
9. Getting back to the gym
10. Sugar free Slurpees