23 May 2013

10 Things Thursday


1.  It's PAYDAY! There are 5 paydays in May - this is a GREAT thing!

2.  I keep trying to find a support/informational group for those who have had weight-loss surgery, but I'll be damned if I can find one that I can tolerate. Between the incessant need for selfie validation, to the over-population of women in these groups (sorry ladies, most of you drive me crazy), I can't seem to be a part of one for more than 3 weeks. What's that you say? Maybe it's me and not them??? SHUSH you!!

3.  I got a haircut over the weekend. My regular stylist is kind of hit or miss. She doesn't really need to work, so she opens the shop when she feels like it (oh the joys of small town living). Recently she hasn't been available, so I had to go to my alternate. She does a great job, but charges $48 for a cut! My in-town stylist charges $15. She needs to get her ass back to work!

4.  It's been a quiet week at work this week. The CFO and Controller are out of the office, so it's just us minions. It's amazing what I can get done (like blog posts) when no one is here to make me work.

5.  Remember Cam's BFF's family offering to pay for Cam's legal expenses during the Due Process? Well, I met with them on Sunday and they don't want to pay the balance due (just under $4,000). Considering they paid the first $5,000, I understand their reluctance, but I would NOT have secured an attorney had they not offered to pay Cam's legal expenses. Now it's up to me to secure the balance due. I've requested a meeting with the School District Superintendent to see if the district is willing to pay a portion, and I am going to contact the attorney to see if they are willing to adjust their final billing, but I'm feeling a bit duped in all of this. I guess the old saying, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" still holds true.

6.  I need to get out of Podunk. I'm good for about 3 months, and then I need a weekend outside of this small town. Anyone looking for a weekend guest ... ummmm ... 2 weekend guests? I'm bringing Mike along too!!

7.  Cam's last day of school is tomorrow. It looks like he is going to pass all of his classes this semester, and walk away with a GPA over 2.0. Honestly? This makes me quite happy.

8.  Speaking of Cam, since January, I've been told that he is NOT on track to graduate with his class. It was part of the Admin's justification for trying to change his placement. Guess what I learned this week? Not only is he on track to graduate, but he will have a 2-hour early dismissal his senior year because he only needs to take 6 classes (a full load is 8) both semesters of his senior year. I call "Liar! Liar! Pants on fire!!"

9.  My dad made mention of driving his motor-home out this way sometime this summer and staying at the campground where Cam is working. Not sure how I feel about this, but trying not to be too preoccupied with it as my dad seldom does what he threatens says

10. Mike and I are headed to the gym this weekend. My weight-loss surgery "package" includes a 2 month membership at a pretty amazing fitness center. I'm really looking forward to working on the fitness part of this process. First stop? BodyPump classes!!

No comments: