- *sings* ♫♬Ohhhh Canada♫♬ If you haven't heard, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau set an official date for making cannabis legal countrywide. What do you suppose the chances are that Trump will do the same here in the U.S.? Yeah ... I'd go with slim to none ...
- I thought the sex-blogger had all but died, but in visiting the blogs of many of those who comment on my TMI Tuesday posts, it appears I made an erroneous assumption. The sex blogger is alive and well!!
- For some reason I found this way too amusing ...
- According to CNN, IQ scores are falling and have been for decades. Pfffttt ... who needs a study to figure that out. The good news? The study indicates this isn't due to dumb people having more kids than smart people. Anyway I think that's good news???
- I stumbled upon Johnny Lists (now defunct) blog not too long ago. Every post is a list of something. Although there haven't been any new posts since 2016, the archives are kind of fun to browse.
- I got to meet the internet yesterday! I've known Jana for at least 8 years. We first met when we were both worked on the Band Back Together project years ago and have stayed in touch through other social media platforms over the years. She happened to be visiting Las Vegas with her husband and we met up for some shenanigans. There is nothing much better than meeting the internet!
- I have lived my entire life believing that I have a significant allergy to penicillin. Then I read this article and learned that I'm probably not allergic to penicillin. Too bad the allergy test is so expensive. I wouldn't mind being able to add the penicillin family back into my antibiotic options.
- Did you know that nearly 63% of Instagram users report being miserable? According to this study, that is a higher share than any other social media platform. *NOTE TO SELF* Stay off Instagram!
- Do any of you have $1.2 Million you'd like to gift to me?? I've always been a HUGE Frank Lloyd Write
worshiperfan and this house is for sale!!!
- I recently learned about the Blink Roadside Assistance app. I do have AAA currently, but I'm wondering if this isn't a better (i.e. more economical) option.
21 June 2018
19 June 2018
|(Via TMI Tuesday Blog)|
1. What was your biggest worry five years ago, do you still have that same worry or feel the same about it at this minute?
*CONFESSION* Thank goodness for this blog because I otherwise would have had NO IDEA what was going on 5 years ago. Once you get this old, the years just smoosh together.
Based solely on my blog posts from 2013, it looks like there were two significant life events going on (1) Trying to keep Cam at his home high school for his senior year, and (2) Starting the final process for the divorce and selling the "family" home.
Are those worries/feelings still the same? Definitely not - Cam did stay at his home high school for his senior year. It took a lot of advocating and the hiring of a special education attorney (a bill I am still paying 4 years later), but it was worth it, and husband and I were finally divorced on October 30th 2014.2. Do you have a positive or negative body image? What factors contribute to your self body image?
b. media and social media
c. comments from others
d. introspection and analysis of self
I definitely have a very negative body image, and it stems from comments made by both of my parents while I was growing up. Now, you'd think I'd just get over it, but I have never been able to quiet that internal dialog that tells me I'm not good enough - not pretty enough - not thin enough.3. How confident are you as a person?
a. no confidence at all
b. confident around friends and family
c. confident at work, and in my job
d. very confident in my surroundings–work, social settings, with strangers
This is the closest to being accurate. I am generally confident at work and in my job, but that is because I am confident (generally) in my knowledge, experience, and intelligence. That confidence is not limited to the work environment - it encompasses much of my life.4. How creative a person are you? Why?
a. not creative
b. average creativity
c. creative in some situations
d. very creative
I have always been very creative - in the arts and in my thinking. When I ignore my creative side, I get quite out of sorts. It's been one of the things I've revived since Mike and I split, and I've really been enjoying it.5. Do you resent things being uncertain and unpredictable? Why?
b. undecided or Don’t Know
If I'm honest with myself, I do resent things being uncertain and unpredictable. In my perfect world things would make logical sense - I would know, without a doubt, that if I did A, B would be the result. I get frustrated when that doesn't happen. Obviously I am in a constant state of frustration.Bonus: What do you wish you had invented?
Ohhhhh ... this is an easy one! Any guesses??? POST-IT NOTES!!!! Most of you know they are my secret obsession. If you're ever really bored, you can read about the history of Post-It notes HERE.
17 June 2018
- Be truthful, even when lying is easier and makes you look better
- Be thoughtful
- Make me feel special
- Take out the trash without being asked
- Love me even when I'm not lovable
2. Something you feel strongly about
Just one thing? Hmmmm ... social injustice and systemic racism. Fine, that's two things, but they are related so that makes them one in my rule book.3. A book you love
Between The World And Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates. Funny story about this book. Mike bought two copies when it was released in July 2015. The plan was that we would read the book together, kind of like our own little book club. Although it sounds romantic, it never happened. I just recently picked the book up again and am loving it. That said? This isn't an easy read, but it is an insightful read.4. Five pet peeves
- Chewing with your mouth open
- People who are chronically late
- People who snap their chewing gum
- Saying “literally” when what is meant is not literal
- Saying "[insert time] PM in the evening" or "[insert time] AM in the morning"
5. What you ate today
- Coffee (yes, coffee is food!)
- Two prepackaged bacon and spinach salads (lunch and dinner)
- Tempura shrimp
- A Cracker Barrel cheese dip and pretzels snack pack
- Vodka (and yes, Vodka is also food!)
6. How important do you think education is?
I think being educated to the high school graduate level is extremely important, but beyond that? Move to as many places as you can. Experience all that you can. Make yourself uncomfortable. Push your boundaries. In my opinion, these things are far more valuable than a college education.7. Five people you find attractive
- James Smith (LL Cool J)
- Serena Williams
- George Clooney
- Dana Owens (Queen Latifah)
- Will Smith
Thank goodness I'm writing this on Saturday since Saturday is usually the only day that I wear anything other than "baller" shorts and a tank top sans bra. Today I wore a sundress!9. Something you always think “what if” about
GAHHHHH! I hate what if's! I can easily get stuck (and sometimes do) in what if's and then I stop living in the now. So, rather than focus on the answer to this question, I'm going to remind myself that life isn't like writing code - it isn't an if--> then statement. If a what if actually happened, it might negate a good thing that happened in my life, and that would suck. That's my story and I'm sticking with it!10. Something you’re proud of
I have answered this question so many times on this blog I'm not sure I have anything unique left to be proud of. Let's see ... I'm proud of my accepting attitude and my willingness to advocate for the underdog. That's kind of a corny answer, but? It's what you're going to get!11. Five items you lust after
- Financial security
- Unconditional love
- Unlimited ability to travel
- A lifelong (what's left of it anyway) romantic relationship
- A lifetime supply of Grey Goose Vodka - look, I needed to lighten this up a little bit
12. Five words/phrases that make you laugh
13. A quote you try to live by
I'm not a fan (understatement) of "traditional" inspirational quotes. I find them to be ... I don't know ... trite? But this quote? I can get behind this quote.14. Something you like and dislike about yourself.
The something I dislike about myself list is long, and that is probably the one thing that I dislike most about myself - my lack of self-acceptance. Something I like about myself?? Hmmmm ... my ability to overcome some significant challenges in life and knowing that I have the skill set to continue to do so.
15. A problem that you have had
I'm not sure how to answer this prompt. I mean, life if jam-packed with problems daily. Some of them are minor, like how am I going to manage my work day, and once-in-a-while you get a doozy, like how am I going to wrap up the affairs of my deceased dad. I don't know - life isn't about the problems, it's about being able to address the problems in a way that doesn't make them worse.