|(via TMI Tuesday Blog)|
1. Daily rituals. Do you have any that you will abandon in the new year? Will you begin new daily rituals? If yes, what?
I've never considered daily rituals to be something negative that need to be abandoned, so no - I have none that I will abandon. I do plan on beginning some new daily rituals although I haven't decided what they will look like. In doing much self-reflection over the past few months I've come to the realization that I need more structure and accountability than I've been living the last few years.2. What significant relationship improved the most?
My first thought was to say that the relationship with my mom is the most significant relationship that improved the most, but then had a realization. Although my relationship with my mom has improved over the past year, it's my relationship with myself that has improved the most, and I'm not sure there is any more significant relationship than the one you have with yourself.3. What relationship in your life deteriorated?
There have, unfortunately, been a few that have deteriorated
- The relationship with my step brother, although I was really trying to force that one and should have written it off before it ever started. I created that problem
- The relationship with [REDACTED] because I finally stood up to him and did not cower when he demanded that I do a certain thing and I "outed" him on a public forum. If there is one thing narcissists hate, it's being pointed out to those they are trying to manipulate. The reason the name is [REDACTED]? Because I was told, "My name is not a dick so keep it out of your mouth!" Yeah ... classy
4. What do you wish you had done more of in 2018? How do you plan on doing more of that in 2019?
- The relationship with my son. Honestly? This one is on me and stems from my parenting from a standpoint of guilt. This deterioration began when son was 7 and has just gotten worse over the years. I'm not sure how to fix this and that makes me sad
This one is easy - SELF CARE!!! And how am I planning on doing more of that in 2019? It goes back to my answer in question one. I truly need structure and accountability and I need to hold myself accountable for my self care5. What important person in your life needs more of your time? Will you give it?
This is starting to sound like ME!ME!ME!, but you know what? I've NEVER made myself a priority - I've always given that designation to others. I need more of my time and I am going to do my best to give that to myself!Bonus: How can you redesign your evenings to bring more restful “you” time to the end of your day?
This, too, goes back to question one and identifying rituals that push me to grow, yet are attainable. I'm working on that list now!