13 July 2009

Nearing the End

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Today we'll be having the grand finale of the trip - a HUGE family gathering at my aunt and uncle's house - we head back home on Tuesday. Overall, this has been a good trip. Cam has been able to spend quite a bit of one-on-one time with my dad. My mom and I have managed to keep from killing each other (although I've had to just walk away a few times) and I've gotten a refresher course on the good and bad sides of family time.

We head back tomorrow at 1PM, getting to Chicago at 9PM. Best part? I get to go back to work Wednesday morning - UGH!

Thought I'd share the vlog from the Montana excursion (again, with the Cindy Brady lisp) and a slide show of some of the highlights of our time in Spokane. I know ... I know ... most of you have no desire to spend 8 minutes with me don't have 8 minutes to spend watching videos ... I promise not to take it personally!

~*~*~*~*~



~*~*~*~*~



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

11 comments:

Karen said...

Have a safe trip home!

Schmoop said...

Why did the pic of the two steeples remind me of Madonna? Safe travels...Cheers!!

buffalodick said...

You travel quite a bit! Always good to see your family though...

Osbasso said...

I've often wondered what Cindy Brady saying "shit" would sound like...

Great Helena shots. Interesting to see what a visitor "sees" here as opposed to what I take for granted.

Jay said...

I've never made the trip to the Pacific Northwest but would really love to. I have driven in the Sierra Nevadas around Reno and Lake Tahoe. There's something really amazing about hanging out in the mountains. I think it's even better than the ocean. It's very peaceful up there.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Safe trip home...there should be sumthin in your mail when you get there

rage said...

Too bad you couldn't have an extra day in-between coming home and having to go back to work so you can relax.

That is the suck.

we're doomed said...

It seems to me that the only way to get a good meal and a decent beer in this country is to go see Os. LOL
Nice pics and I think any trip through the mountains is great, lucky you.

Average Chick said...

Hey! You drive like me! One foot up on the dash!

Hope you have a safe trip back!

Vixen said...

I hate vacationing and immediately heading back to work. (((you)))

Enjoy your trip home!

Lu' said...

Looks like you had a nice time. I Love Trees and more trees. I've got a lot in Pa too.