07 July 2009

Fast Women and Fast Cars

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

So ... it seems some of you seem to think my mother has phallic symbols scattered throughout her house. In fact, several of you commented on this lovely sculpture sitting by the sliding glass door. Being the wholesome, God fearing woman I am, it took me a while to figure out what the hell y'all were talking about ... then I saw it!

Thanks guys ... now I can't walk by this special piece of artwork without giggling ...


*CLICK* to purge your dirty minds!

Cam has always had a fascination with cars and driving, in fact, I'm fairly sure he learned his vehicle makes and models before he learned his alphabet. Now? He routinely kicks ass in masters all video games that involves driving, and go-karts? He thinks he's at Watkins Glen!

Yesterday, we took him to Wonderland USA for some track time. S-L-O-W karts, but reasonably priced. A good warm-up for the Nascarts (NOT reasonably priced) he'll be running later in the week.

I raced with him the first round as there weren't any other people out on the track. Although I finished ahead of him, it was only because he felt sorry for me and tried to make it a race.


Then he got some competition and I was just his camera person ...



We also caught up with my "favorite" cousin, her husband and kids (15 & 18) last night at the Chinese Buffet. Cam got a hold of my camera and took this (all click to BIG - if you dare) ...


... and this ...


... but he also took this great picture of my mom and I ...


Today we'll be hanging out with my cousin's family again - taking the kid's to Laser Quest - where I will joyfully show off my skills as a trained killer and take all three of the little buggers out! Me? Competitive? Nahhhh ...

My Dad comes into town this afternoon. Something tells me I'll have serious blog fodder within hours of his arrival.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

15 comments:

none said...

The scupture reminds me of this:

http://i26.tinypic.com/2rm8dau.jpg

Osbasso said...

Hmmm...no family resemblance at all...

Deech said...

Why is it that most religious sculptures I find to be phallic in some way or another?

OMG, Dana, just dye your hair red and put on some glasses and we have bookends with you and your mom.

I mean, I don't necessarily know the relationship with you and your mom but LAWD, you guys look so much alike its scary....

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Too funny about the statue! You and your mom could be twins!

Nolens Volens said...

Hmm! Nothing like phallic implications of those figures. ;) Hope you're having a blast, even when worn out or not feeling good.

g-man said...

That is a nice picture of you and your mom. Have fun!!!

Real Live Lesbian said...

Nothing like family to give us something to blog about!

That is such a cute pic of you and your mom!

we're doomed said...

That mom/daughter pic is very cute and revealing.

rage said...

Purging my dirty mind is not an option.

You and your mom are beautiful.

Vixen said...

ROFL about that sculpture. Don't lie....from here on out THAT is what will pass through your mind when you see it ;)

You and your mom look SO much alike! Like...wow. Very cool. :)

buffalodick said...

Tell your Mom from me- she's still got it! You two look quite a bit alike, I might add... :)

Another Suburban Mom said...

Looks like you are having fun! Your mom is hot btw. I see where you get it now!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Wooo. So much fun!

You and mom look SO much alike...OH my

Karen said...

The fake flowers are hysterical!! The photo of your mom and you is great. You look so much alike.

Average Chick said...

I open Dana's blog today and what do I see? A stone phallic symbol of course! My day is complete.

I'm glad you are havin a good time!