05 July 2009

Lessons from Airlines and What Did I Forget?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Well, we made it! And now a word to the major airlines ...

If you are going to charge me for every little thing that should be included in my airfare, at least give me a little something for free so that I don't feel like I just had sex without finishing off with an orgasm so taken advantage of.

United, you suck! Not only do you charge me $15 for a single piece of luggage for three fare paying seats, but when that piece of luggage weighed in at 51.8 lbs, you told me I could either leave something behind, or pay $50 for that extra 1.8 lbs of clothes. And you couldn't even give me an entire can of "free" soda, but rather filled my cup up with ice and gave me a splash of soda!

Delta, you at least make me feel like I'm getting a little something besides leg cramps from being stuffed in a seat made for oompa-loompas people who are no larger than 5'-8" and 120 lbs. Sure, I still have a 50 lb limit on my luggage (weighed before heading to the airport this time), but you gave me a choice between peanuts or cookies (for free) and you gave me something to watch while on the airplane.OK , it was Two and a Half Men laden with Delta commercials, but it kept me occupied. And your WiFi service? Although $9.95 is a bit steep for flights under 3 hours, it's no worse than the cost of a Venti, Skinny Vanilla Latte and a blueberry scone at Starbuck's for 2 hours of "free" internet.

~*~*~*~*~

When I'm traveling to a large city within the U.S., I'm not overly anal with my packing list. I mean, seriously, I can always get to a Target or WalMart to pick up whatever I've forgotten, right?? Well ... yes ... but sometimes the cost of forgetfulness is a bit exorbitant.

I remembered to bring my camera with me, but left the battery charger, with the battery still charging in it, at home. Who knew that the cost of a new battery and charger would rival the original cost of the camera?

Today's agenda includes a trip to Target to pick up one of these ...


... and one of theses ...


Saving myself about $50 on the cost of a replacement battery pack and charger for my "good" camera. Thank goodness I'll actually be able to post goofy pajama wearing vacation vlogs and my HNT capture the memories of this family vacation. *GRUMBLE*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

11 comments:

we're doomed said...

Flying reminds me of rounding up the pigs on the farm for a trip to the slaughter house. When I fly now, I know how the pigs felt. Don't even talk to me about flying through O Hare. If it wasn't the fastest and most convenient way to travel, who would fly anymore?

buffalodick said...

To be humiliated before boarding, packed in like you're on a third-world bus going to a village not on the map, breathing stale air for hours, and charged a small fortune for all this... If it is less than 1,500 miles- I drive!

rage said...

What a rip off on behalf of the airlines.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I haven't been on a plane in nearly 30 years. Now, I know why!

Jay said...

I freaking hate the airlines. They're even more mismanaged than the auto companies. And you won't find any worse customer service anywhere.

Vixen said...

One word. SOUTHWEST. My husband (who flies almost weekly on business) has declared that we no longer will fly anywhere that SW does not. LOL

It's *ridiculous* what the airlines get away with. Seriously.

And yep...that is the beyond all worst thing to have left- the battery in the charger. Damnit to hell!

But at least you are loyal to your fans, so as we have something to look forward to ;)

Moosekahl said...

Hope the rest of the trip goes a bit better! Enjoy!

Nicey said...

Airlines are a law unto themselves, how the fuck are they allowed to bump you from a flight even when you have a ticket FFS
Enjoy,
Laters

Nicey

Lu' said...

Dedication can be painful :)

Real Live Lesbian said...

I had that same overcharge last time! I would just throw 1.8 pounds of clothes on my body!

Of course, we were bringing back a case of wine...so we paid the $50 and bent over.

Hope you have a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

Fascists!!!!!