10 July 2009

Big Sky Friend

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

As was clear if you saw yesterday's HNT, I took a short road trip to Helena on Wednesday for my annual Osbasso visit. Although it was a quick 24 hours, it was great to see him again - he's one of the few people I know who can actually keep up with my beer drinking drink more beer than I can! OK ... OK ... I didn't visit just for the beer ... there was GREAT pizza too!

We started out at the Blackfoot River Brewing Company Tap Room. They have a three beer limit (it's a tasting room, not a pub) and it seemed those went down pretty darn quick!

*NOTE* I apologize for the picture quality - the $49 digital camera has its limits!



After 48 ounces of beer on an empty stomach, it was time for some food. Off to Howard's Pizza we went! There is something almost magical about their pizza ... I think it's in the grease ...


There was quite a downpour while we were in Howard's, but it resulted in this ...


More beer? Why, of course! Off to the Brewhouse Brew Pub & Grill we go.


After two (or was it three?) beers, a basket of chips, garlic fries and a shared piece of turtle cheesecake Os pooped out on me it was time to call it a night.

I was up a tad bit early Thursday morning (clearly not enough beer the night before) and enjoyed a Helena sunrise and a little bit of quiet time. Os had the wonderful idea of taking the Last Chance Tour Train through town. OK ... he called it "hokey," but I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and the company.

After the tour, it was time for more food. Seems like this vacation I am either eating or drinking ALL.THE.TIME! Off to the York Bar we go for lunch. Doesn't this look good?


Less than 24 hours later, it was time to head back to Spokane. Os had a meeting that required his attendance, and I had a family that guilted me into cutting a 2-night visit into just 1 night. That's OK ... I want to make sure I'm invited again next year and any more time abusing Os' hospitality might have hurt those chances *wink*


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

11 comments:

we're doomed said...

Beer is good!

Jay said...

Pizza and beer. What more could anyone ask for? ;-)

Osbasso said...

I think we hit the big three--Brewhouse, York and Howard's! What more is really needed?

Deech said...

The College (and post college) 3 meal a day staple. Pizza and beer!

Good trip! Nice shot of the rainbow too!

Brandi said...

Look at all that yummy food and good beer! Mmmm...

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Food and beer and good company - it doesn't get any better than that!

rage said...

That food sure looks good. I must admit I am not a beer drinker unless it's berry weiss. Yum.

You look like you two had lots of fun.

Schmoop said...

Looks like fun. Keep on enjoying. Cheers!!

Unknown said...

What fun Dana!!!! You are so lucky to be able to visit all that beer... I mean, him. And that pictures of the rainbow is beautiful!

buffalodick said...

Missed the majority of the post... you lost me at beer and pizza! I have the attention span of the common ferret.....

Vixen said...

God. How can I top that first comment?! "Beer is good".

That is most def MY motto! ;)

Great pic of the two of you at the end!