26 June 2009

Friday Wrap-Up

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It's been quite the whirlwind week. I've had just 7 days after returning from San Antonio to regroup and get Cam off to camp tomorrow morning. Sprinkle in Cam's trip to the water park Wednesday, his doctor appointment yesterday, his football camp Monday - Thursday and temps this week in the upper 90's (with humidity hovering at 45%-50%) and I am BEAT!

~*~*~*~*~

Tomorrow I send the man child off to church camp for a week. I know this might be hard to believe, but he has never been away from home for more than one night ... and that's been only a handful of times. Do I worry about him getting homesick? Not at all ... I worry that *I* am going to be a basket case - he'll be fine!

I didn't take into consideration there would be required camp items that I don't have on hand (rain poncho, cloth laundry bag, etc.) so was at the evil empire WalMart last night getting those last few things. Tonight I'll be labeling everything (oh what fun!), doing laundry and helping Cam get packed so that we can head out early in the morning. The bus leaves at 9AM for the 300 mile trip to Northern Wisconsin.

~*~*~*~*~



1. She had a great way with words.

2. He is by my side, always.

3. I know this: Normal is just a setting on the washing machine.

4. We lost what we both had found, You know we let each other down, But then most of all, I do love you still. (Who knows the artist?)

5. These words apply to me: medium rare, caffeinated, lascivious.

6. I woke up this morning at 4:52 and already the sun was shining.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to gin & tonic infused packing, tomorrow my plans include a possible trip to meet up with some local Blog Talk Radio "celebrities" to see Night Ranger and Joan Jett and the Blackhearts and Sunday, I want to get on my bike and RIDE!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


19 comments:

we're doomed said...

Are you off to see the Wizard? And who names those settings on the wash machines? Is it too early to ask questions like these?

Unknown said...

Cam is going to have so much fun!!! I used to love those camps.

And ya know, they always have weird things on the list, we got out and buy them, because we should, and then 1/2 that stuff doesn't get used.

Real Live Lesbian said...

Joan Jett = swoon

I think I need to fly up to Chicago and play with you tomorrow!

Dana said...

we're doomed, I might be the wizard - I think the Maytag repair guy gets to name the settings on washing machines while he twiddles his thumbs - it's NEVER to early to ask any question!

Bina, I was wondering why I was even considering packing a toothbrush and deodorant - it's not like he'll use either one that week.

Real Live Lesbian, you tease!

buffalodick said...

I hated church camp- 4 years in a row when younger... I don't play well with others in the sandbox...

snugs said...

lascivious- what an interesting choice for self description..

perkins said...

re: #4 Lional Richie (the Commodores)

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I hope he enjoys camp! And I hope you don't go too crazy missing him. :-)

Osbasso said...

So he apparently survived football camp...how did that go?

Dana said...

buffalodick, you hated church camp? I think you were going to the wrong church! We'll see how Cam does - he wanted to go this year. I'll let him make the call as I am not one to shove religion down his throat.

snugs, be honest ... you had to Google it, didn't you?? *wink*

perkins, I STILL have a crush on Lional Richie, and the first concert I ever attended? The Commodores!

Dana said...

Evil Twin's Wife, he's been with this group of kids for about a year now and seems to enjoy each and every event/activity they sponsor - as I said, it's not him I worry about!

Osbasso, he did survive football camp, even with a heat index hovering at or above 100. Of course, this was more speed/agility related and did NOT require full gear. We'll see how he feels about football when practices start in July.

Schmoop said...

I bet Cam will meet up with some Hawt Christian chicks. Cheers!!

Vixen said...

I hope Cam has fun!

Jay said...

Oh Cam will be homesick too. I guarantee you he will.

Deech said...

Dana,

I know what you mean. Kurly and I are coming back in from Vacation and we need a vacation from our vacation.

Is that like a double negative? Does this mean I really have to go to work on Monday?

Just Me said...

Not to hard to believe at all. My son has only once a long while ago been away with friend at lake for 3-4 days. I was miserable the whole time. He even rarely is gone over night.

I hope the week goes by fast for you. I am sure he will have a great time.

Stay busy mom!!

Average Chick said...

Hope Cam enjoys the northwoods! And I hope you enjoy the weekend without him! Stay cool hun!

katherine. said...

the first year my cam went to church camp...he never unpacked anything but his swimsuit. He came home with all his clothes clean and still in the suitcase. He had a great time...I'm sure your cam will too!

rage said...

I love the word lascivious!