20 June 2009

Blogger Meets ... or is that Meats?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

There is an odd phenomena in my blogger life, I don't ever meet up with bloggers in my neighborhood (although that will change soon) but let me travel 100's of miles and I'll find one or two to visit! This trip there were two bloggers on my "To Do" list, and I did them both! Monday you'll meet the second blogger.

Wednesday morning I got into the car and headed east. Hope (Hope Radio) and I had finalized plans to meet up for a 1PM lunch at a half-way spot between San Antonio and Houston. Now, if any of you are familiar with this area you'll be scratching your head wondering just what there is between San Antonio and Houston other than cattle ranches and truck stops.

Well, we met in a little town called Flatonia. The plan was to have lunch at a spot called City Market Cafe, however I didn't factor in the fact that lunch service might actually end at 1PM - Oops! On their recommendation, we headed here:


You gotta love Texas. We pull into the parking lot and ours are the only two cars in the lot. No, we weren't the only ones eating there, but the other 20 patrons were driving pick-up trucks and Suburbans - not a car in sight!

What's a girl to order when traveling through southern Texas? Well, a chicken fried steak would be a good choice, don't you think? Although I'm not quite sure why they gave me ketchup - more gravy please!


Hope decided to go a bit more traditional, but I have to ask, has anyone ever seen fried green beans before?? Or are those roasted?


Beer? Of course there was beer! This is me we are talking about here! I discovered a local brew that I really fell in love with. I had it at my nieces graduation party and decided it would be my Texas bottled beer:


Oh yes ... there was dessert too! But I blame that on Hope - she made me eat it!


After a great lunch and great conversation, it was time to head back. A quick shot in the parking lot and we were both off! *NOTE TO SELF* Facing the sun when taking a picture makes you have squinty eyes!


Did I mention that Hope brought presents? And not just for me, but for Cam too! He was proudly sporting a glow-stick necklace just last night!


Hope, thank you so much for taking the day to meet up with me! It was a wonderful time!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

11 comments:

Big Kahuna said...

Sounds like a wonderful time

Jay said...

Hope is so damn cool.

Love Shiner Bock. They make a great Hefeweizen too. And a wonderful summer wheat beer that I can't remember the name of cause all we can get here is the Bock. Anyway, great beer.

Deech said...

Yay! Now that sounded like a good time!. And OMG the desert!

ShinerBock...Texan Beer of champions!

we're doomed said...

I love Beer!

Anonymous said...

LOL!

I'm blogging this Monday. You forgot some pictures...muwahahahaha! Lots of hugs mama, you, naturally, ROCK! Enjoy that Llano, you couldn't leave without a little Texas wine and some noise/mess makers for the boy! I fugured you wouldn't mind since it would happen at the relatives house...heehee.

buffalodick said...

Bock Beer in June? Unusual! Food looked good, and so did you two...

Vixen said...

One of my bestest friends lives in Tx and she *loves* Shiner Bock!

Looks like a fun time! :)

Leonhart said...

Hope's food looked good.

Your food looked. . . yellow.

rage said...

That food looks DELICIOUS!

Unknown said...

Texas certainly know how to do Chicken Fried Steak. I LOVE that stuff!

And man you are lucky. I STILL haven't met a blogger friend.

g-man said...

I have said it before, and will say it again, Hope rocks! I'm glad that you had a good time, although it is no surprise.