14 June 2009

Nope! Not a Sunday Secret!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It's Sunday! My in-law's house has emptied out some. Yesterday, 6 people headed back from whence they came. Today, the remaining family members who don't live here will head home - including husband and step-daughter.

Speaking of which, there seemed to be a bit of confusion in yesterday's vlog ...

Yes, husband and step-daughter were here for PART of the vacation - flying in a day after me and the 3 other kids, returning 4 days before us. They will NOT be part of the vacation when Cam and I visit my family in July.

And yes, husband and his 23-year old nephew got in to a bloody bashing Friday night. I've since learned this wasn't as "bad" as I originally thought. There was much drinking (beer pong) going on and very drunk nephew decided he was going to drive home. Husband attempted to take nephew's keys and nephew punched him in the neck. At that point, husband took him down (forehead and right shoulder hitting the ground first) on the concrete driveway, resulting in quite a lovely display of road rash. Nephew stopped by last night for dinner, apologized, and all seems well. I was thrilled to learn this wasn't the drunken alpha-male melee I had originally envisioned.

Today, we are having our "going home" breakfast with the remaining family. We'll be feasting on German pancakes and omelets [HERE]. A quick stop at the airport to drop husband and Delaney off, then a quite afternoon and a sushi dinner. We didn't make the tubing trip on the Guadalupe yesterday due to multiple hungover family members time constraints, but I am hoping we get out there before we leave.

I decided not to vlog this morning. Just couldn't get excited about letting y'all see me with the bedhead and jammies ... AGAIN. Instead, I thought I'd share a little slide show of the last few days.

One more thing ...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving comments this week. I know I've not been reciprocating much, but I am keeping up with all of you via my reader and am looking forward to getting back into the swing of things when we return later in the week!






~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

14 comments:

we're doomed said...

I love the slide show. I hope your time in Texas has been good for you.

Another Suburban Mom said...

Glad you had fun in Texas. Enjoy your trip.

rage said...

Pancakes...sushi...slideshows...drools!

Although I must admit the fracas between husband and the 23 year old frightened me a bit. It must have been scary though as it happened.

Jay said...

I used to get those German Pancakes at some joint up in New Braunfels. Man those were so good. I bought their mix once to make myself and somehow screwed them up. That sucked.

Sushi? Uhhh ... I don't know about that. But, I will have some Sake!

Anonymous said...

Relax and take it easy now...lol

Big Kahuna said...

Hi Dana - Sorry we have been absent but my parents just arrived (from S.A. - too funny)and we are prepping for the wedding!!!

Jeff B said...

Like many of your friends, I was quick to jump on the "Your damned husband" bandwagon. Shame on me for being so quick to judge. Good for him for trying to keep your nephew off the road after having one too many.

You've pointed out many reasons why your hubby can be a real turd, so it's nice to see a glimpse of his human side too.

Skeeter said...

So much excitement ... so little time.

Best wishes,

Skeeter

Vixen said...

SUSHI!!!!

Oh.

I'm glad to hear the 'altercation' wasn't as bad as originally thought. And I'm so totally LOL @ that first clip on your slide show. ;)

Lu' said...

Nice slide show Dana.

Unknown said...

Glad it wasn't what we originally thought with husband and nephew. Sounds like your husband was a tad bit heroic if you ask me!!!!

Great slide show. I have GOT to get to San Antonio one day. Maybe I'll do that when my son gets out of the correctional facility and we can have a family reunion, with just me and four kids!

3carnations said...

I'm impressed that your husband took someone down to keep them from drinking and driving.

I'm less impressed that a nephew would punch his uncle, however...

cat said...

I So, So, SOOOOOOOO Miaa the River Walk. I use to so love going down there and paddle boating. I so miss my childhood and my grandparents!

katherine. said...

yeah...than doesn't sound so bad after all...