12 June 2009

Vacation Vlog - Day 2

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

First off - Vinny, I say "Hello" to your brother every time I walk out on the deck, so when he calls you, complaining that he has this overwhelming feeling of being stalked by a cyber stranger, be sure to let him know that you made the request.

Hope, the plan is to give you a call Sunday afternoon when things start to settle down a bit here. Right now there are so many family obligations I don't usually even get to go to the bathroom by myself, let alone make a phone call!

The River Walk was a lot of fun yesterday. If you are a Twittering fool, you got to have dinner with me last night *wink*

Graduation was ... well ... L-O-N-G! They do things a bit differently here in Texas. Holding the graduation ceremony at the Alamodome seems like a great idea ... until you realize it means a 45-minute drive each way (not including issues with traffic) and difficulty finding parking because the people from the previous ceremony are still in the parking lot. The ceremony started at 7:30 PM, but with 759 graduates, we didn't get back to our car until 10:30PM.

Today we are heading [HERE] for the graduation luncheon. I hear they have wonderful food, but I think the highlight will be the inflatable obstacle course my SIL rented. Maybe that will result in some vlogging material!

Just a side note - don't ever assume people have the same logic as you do. Although *I* would never set my house alarm with 14 relatives staying at my home, my BIL saw it as a safety measure. I'm thinking the 6:00 AM wake-up call everyone got this morning was not his idea of safety.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

15 comments:

Nolens Volens said...

Hehe! Not his idea of safety...I will remember that! Hehe!

Osbasso said...

Couldn't hear you. Too many birds in the background...

As for the alarm...get up even earlier, set it off, then run back to bed so you can blame someone else!

Anonymous said...

Hee hee...I'd say at least one good prank is in order before all is set and done. lol...have a great weekend. I've been packing jarhead gear like a crazy woman! loving your vlogging! lol

Lu' said...

Could hear the birds and enjoyed hearing them. You my dear look great in the morning, no really you do. Glad to see you're smiling ha even if it is from embarassment. No need to be embarassed you are correct in thinking it was uhm silly for BIL to set the alarm. I am an early riser as well. Hey at least you didn't give anyone a heart attack; did you? :)

Real Live Lesbian said...

We like it nice and slow here in the South! lol

Who's going to the bathroomm with ya? Now THERE'S a vlog!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

LOL!I'm sure everyone will understand. You didn't mean to set it off. Enjoy your weekend!

Deech said...

That has happened to me so many times the cops just stop coming....

Ashly Star said...

I'm not from SA (though for 2 years I lived near it so visited a lot of weekends, lol) but it is one of the cities I love in Texas and isn't all *that* far from my Dallas. I'm so homesick all the time lately even hearing about fun goings on by someone visiting my state makes me a little envious. Sad eh? Anyway..

I hope you keep having a good time! I bet the inflatable obstacle course + beer was entertaining. =D

Jay said...

I have a friend who lives near Little Rock who got a home security system installed. She set it off every day for a week when she let the dog out after she got it.

At first it was set so it made lots of noise. The idea being her neighbors could come help her if need be. But, there have been so many false alarms that she had it changed to a silent alarm cause she figures the neighbors would ignore it now. LOL

Vixen said...

*groan* at the alarm...

Glad you enjoyed dinner!

Leonhart said...

You could have claimed that there was a real intruder and you had simply been first on the scene and scared them away.

Schmoop said...

Have fun and make sure you take some silverware with ya when you leave. Cheers!!

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I am like you that is a lot of security right there..

I hope you had a great time at the dinner!!

Ne.

Unknown said...

Ha Ha Ha! Sounds like something I would do, too. I'm an early riser and I LOVE that time before every one else gets up.

katherine. said...

not laughing
not laughing

okay
a little bit laughing