15 June 2009

The Beginning of the Real Vacation

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ahhhhh ... I can feel the weight lifting off my shoulders ... about 250 lbs ...

I'd love to say that the remaining time husband and step-daughter spent here went smoothly, however that is not the case. If you do not have the time, nor desire to watch the vlog, just know that I dropped husband off at the airport in full-fledged silent treatment (he being the giver of said silent treatment). It was a horrible thing I did - letting his sister know that we might have to leave breakfast early to go back to the house because husband had left his wallet *rolls eyes* Actually, I'm not even sure that was the thing that set him off because he is ... well ... giving me the silent treatment!

Anyway, other than that bit of drama, the rest of the day was good. Cam got his ears pierced (pictures to follow) and I got to have sushi and Japanese beer for dinner!


Yes ... a few pieces are missing ... I had to gain control before taking the photo



Today there is talk of a pedicure and the water park at Sea World (must have pretty toes for the water park you know!) SIL has to head back to work on Wednesday, so I'm hoping to arrange for the blogger meet up then.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

16 comments:

Real Live Lesbian said...

It's hard to tell...

are you happy or sad about the silent treatment?

And didn't he do something similar (read stupid) last year?

Mmm...that sushi looks GOOD!

Dana said...

Real Live Lesbian, if my only choices are silent treatment or idiotic yelling, I'll take the silent treatment any day. I guarantee you this was his attempt at making my time here stressful without his presence - you see, I am supposed to be upset that he wouldn't resolve this before leaving, thus ruining my remaining time here. Let's just say he FAILED!

g-man said...

MMmm sushi. I'll be having that for lunch tomorrow! There is a buffet here that is totally awesome.

I'm glad that the remainder of your vacation will be quieter. Enjoy it :)

Deb said...

First of all, sushi looks DELICIOUS, so does that beer! :)

I'm an upfront type of person and if I'm angry, it has to be said right there and now. Why hold it in? It's just insane sometimes how people react and take to certain situations. You seem very grounded and down-to-earth, no b/s type of woman, so I'm sorry you're going through this.

Your vlog was fun! It was great seeing you "live"!!! :)

Deech said...

Dana,

Looking forward to the call. I am trying to keep my schedule as flexible as possible.

Here is hoping you have a great time at Seaworld!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

YUM Sushi... just watched your videos..thanks for saying HI to my brother...

Try and enjoy the rest of the vacation.

Jay said...

When you took him to the airport you should have just pulled up to the front and opened the door and said "See ya!" LOL

3carnations said...

The silent treatment without explanation. Love it. Been there.

cat said...

Just love you, love you, love you, Just haven't been able to comment much. So sorry. but, don't miss much on you side of things.

My Father beeing from San Anton, I respect the partly cloudy thing. Totally realate. hope Cam LOVES HIS EARS. I just went through this with my step-son and he totally DIGS IT! Hoping it gets better now that you "Hub's" is back home.....Have to mention I find it funny that you get along with his family.....it seems better then he.

But, then again thats what I love about you, you go with the flow.....NO DRAMA!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Sorry about the silent treatment. Maybe he'll be over his little snit by the time you get back home. Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Nolens Volens said...

Ahh. When all of you go places together, leave him behind. That's how you win the silent treatment game. Just get in the car and go. When he calls to say why you left without him, tell him "You weren't talking to me and I don't plan to wait around like a loser waiting for you to tell me what you want to do."

Karen said...

Helping him get his wallet! Dana, you truly are the devil, huh?

Sounds like Husband needs a kick in the ass. And I hope you enjoy your time apart.

Vixen said...

Mmmm......SUSHI.

*jealous* of that weather...what I wouldn't GIVE for that weather!

So totally *rolling my eyes* at your husband. It's like, really?! REALLY, on his last day he has to get like 'that'?! Well. It'll give you lots to 'talk about' on Thurs when you get back. (seriously people actually hold grudges as miniscule as that for that many days?!?!)

I'm glad you are having a good time. Hope you enjoyed the pedicure!

we're doomed said...

I love sushi and pancakes. Hope the rest of your time in Texas is great.

Biscuit said...

I have a serious hankering for sushi now, missy!

His plan would work with me. I can't stand anticipation. My butt would be squinched up the entire waiting for the assault.

katherine. said...

that is too bad...oh well.

hope Cam enjoys his bling!