10 June 2009

And We're Off!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Cam and I are meeting stepson and his girlfriend at O'Hare around 8:00 this morning. Our flight is scheduled to depart at 10:35 AM, which, in O'Hare speak, means we'll be lucky to get off the ground by 11:00AM.

Once in San Antonio, we'll pick up a rental car and head to my BIL and SIL's house. Thursday is filled with graduation activities that will be starting out on here ...


... and ending up here ...

I think I'm most looking forward to our traditional visit here ...


I've also got a couple of bloggers I'm going to attempt to catch up with. One should be fairly easy - he's not more than 30 minutes from where we'll be. The other is in Houston, but I'm scoping out a nice half way spot and will hopefully get out her way early next week.

While I'm gone, Matt-Man, you are in charge of getting the beer and pizza (Pizza Bill will do that for us, won't he?), and Jay, your in charge of hiring the strippers - preferably hoochie mams and skanks. I know your Wal-Mart is brimming with potential.

Lu, if either one of them fails to step up to the plate, I expect you'll treat them like clay pigeons!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

24 comments:

Deb said...

What fun this looks like! If you're ever in the NY area, please let me know!

And Matt-Man will definitely supply all that you've requested!

Cheers!

Schmoop said...

I'm on it...Have fun and safe travels to ya. Cheers!!

we're doomed said...

Have a safe trip and have fun.

Osbasso said...

Have a good trip! And stay out of trouble!!

Hubman said...

I never particularly enjoyed my time in San Antonio (you know why...) but I do miss drunken Saturday nights on the Riverwalk!

Have a fun and safe trip!

Lu' said...

I am up to the task. I will grab a few cans of orange paint from work. The target orange clay is my preference. "Close your eyes boys, this wont hurt a bit" HA!

Have a great time Dana and Cam :)

Karen said...

Have a fun and safe trip.

Anonymous said...

Dana Have a great time... And Cam keep her in line! lol

Gonna miss ya! OH MYGOSH! NO VLOG???

Ne

Biscuit said...

Have an awesome trip! Be safe.

Jay said...

I'm sure things have changed a bit since I was there, but the Wild Zebra was, by far, the best strip club in San Antonio when I lived there. Take the New Braunfels exit off Loop 410. You'll see the big neon zebra. ;-)

Oh, and if you want, also at that same exit, but on the other side of the expressway is Chester's. Great burgers and a great selection of beers.

Anonymous said...

have fun!!!

Someone nominated you for a blog award and I thought I'd tell you because someone had to tell me that someone nominated me in the same category. Neither of us are even close to winning though! So readers go here http://www.socialluxelounge.com/blogluxe/
look under "most Provocative" and scroll down and you see Amid listed there and you can vote for her!!!

Unknown said...

Although my sons have lived near San Atonio for about 10 years, I have never been there. It looks just beautiful!!! I hope you have a wonderful time and a well deserved break.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Enjoy your trip! We'll be here when you get back - with lots of pictures, hopefully. :-)

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Hope you have a great trip :)

Nolens Volens said...

Haha...come on down to St. Louis and we shall see what acts of disgrace we can commit... LOL

Another Suburban Mom said...

Have fun and enjoy the Riverwalk. I always loved that part of San Antonio.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Remember to say hi to my brother for me... what? nothing for me to do while you are gone???

rage said...

Have lots of fun!

snugs said...

Wow, how fun. I adore San Antonio. They have just expanded the riverwalk, you will have to give us a report..too bad you just missed the much touted Shakespeare in the Park. If you can get away for a beer, the best place in town (IMHO) is called Dirty Nellie's..an irish piano bar, it's on the river attached to the Hilton del rio- it is a hoot of a place/dive.

Autumn said...

nothing like going on vacation! sounds like oh so much fun dana. have fun!

Vixen said...

I took my family to San Antonio a few years back for the first time on Spring Break and we had SO much fun. We missed out on the Riverwalk though and I'm dying to go back and make it.

Have fun!!!

Moosekahl said...

Have yourself a fabulous trip!

Lu' said...

Dang it is Thursday isn't it? I know I know you are on vacation but that never stopped you before. Must be a good vacation, at least I hope it is!

Just Joe said...

Have a great trip... look foward to the stories when you return.