29 December 2008

Have You Sent Them Yet?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Awww ... c'mon! I know you haven't forgotten! Remeber that post of mine back in October? The one where I talked about manners?? Well, y'all have to opportunity to restore my manners faith! I have no doubt that most of you received gifts from friends/relatives who live far away. Or maybe you were invited to a holiday gathering that someone else hosted. It's a wonderful opportunity to send a Thank-You note!

Since y'all are reading this on your computer, I'm guessing you probably have access to a printer too. There are quite a few sites out there that offer free, printable Thank-You cards/notes and I decided, as an attempt to lessen one of my pet peeves a Public Service Announcement, I'd link to a few great sites that offer an easy way to get those Thank-You's out!

I "borrowed" a few of these from one of my favorite crafting blogs, Skip to My Lou. She has a few more on her site too! Just click on the button and you'll find them!



For the little kids, Fisher Price has a nice offering of cards (including Thank-You's) that can be printed and colored by the younger kids. Clicking will take you to the printable form.


Do you have a teen or - worse yet - a tween that you are trying to get on the Thank-You note bandwagon? Real Simple (one of only two magazines I subscribe to) has a wonderful fill-in-the-blank Thank-You note geared to those who might be a bit resistent.


If you are looking for a more traditional Thank-You card that doesn't require you register for, or subscribe to, a website, DLTK has fully customizable cards that you can print, and PrintFree has a nice selection as well.

No excuses - the sooner the better! And all of those friends and relatives will be so thrilled to get something in the mail, other than their credit card statements, reminding them of you!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

15 comments:

JW said...

You're quite right. Whether I'd be quite so keen to agree if I hadn't already sent out my (few) thank yous is another question! ;)

I'm still working on getting Son to send the two for which I am (kind of) responsible but I'm prepared to cut him a little slack given what else he's having to deal with right now.

But the point still remains: it's always nice to receive a little token in the post, and even nicer when it expresses gratitude.

Anonymous said...

Well noted, Dana. I need to get on that actually. I want to get a pic to include though so that's my rationale for procrastinating. :P

Knight said...

Uh Oh! I'm hoping you got the card I sent you last week or I might be in trouble.

Jay said...

"I have no doubt that most of you received gifts from friends/relatives who live far away. Or maybe you were invited to a holiday gathering that someone else hosted."

Umm .. actually no. Gee thanks for reminding me what a shitty Christmas I had. LOL ;-)~

Okay, I did call my grandmother and thank her for the cash.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder, you are very sweet to help us out.

Jeff B said...

A hand written anything is a welcome change these days. Good tip.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

OK MOM!

Sheesh...I called and said thanks...billy doesn't have to do it..why do I?????

LOL

we're doomed said...

Yes, Miss Manners!

Anonymous said...

I am in sales...I live off Thank You Notes! I agree with you here Dana!

kim-d said...

I, too, am a fan of thank you notes; I was raised to write them and continued on into adulthood. Even though I've put up with some not-so-good-natured teasing about it, I still think it's a good thing to do. Thanks for the links!

Big Kahuna said...

Dana - 1st and foremost thank you for the xmas wish. That is absolutely heartwarming of you.

I had stopped by and read about CAM getting his 'hostage' ipod but did not keep reading to see that you were not appropriately taken care of. This saddens me tremendously.

Speaking for Babushka, we wish for you the attention and consideration you so richly deserve - however that comes about and by whatever means are needed for you to obtain that. You should experience nothing less.

Hugs and Kisses

Just Me said...

Point well taken Dana. I am going to put this on my top to-do-list of 2009. Being more thankful, and letting people know this.

Nicey said...

Agreed manners are important, doncha ya know that hand written thank you notes are in vogue at the momment ...
Soryy to hear about the marriage but your right you can sometimes be surprised by the support around ya....
Happy New Year
Laters
Nicey

Hubman said...

Now that you mention it, ASM and I have to get on Darling Boy's case and have him write some notes...

Thanks for the reminder!

katherine. said...

thanks for the links!