02 December 2008

Christmas Meme

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I confess, I just wasn't feeling inspired by the TMI Tuesday questions today, so decided to do the Christmas Meme I found over at Another Suburban Mom's place. My goal was to answer the 25 questions in less than 5 minutes. Oops! How about less than 10 minutes - barely!

Because I know some of you might not want to spend 10 minutes with me, I've included the Reader's Digest condensed version below!




~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?

Wrapping paper, preferably solid color, with curling ribbon. Or any leftover gift bags I might have!

2. Real tree or Artificial?

Real! An artificial tree? That's like non-alcoholic beer! In fact we hunt down and kill our own tree at a tree farm!

3. When do you put up the tree?

About two weeks before Christmas depending on the visitation schedule. We wait until a weekend that we have step-daughter with us.

4. When do you take the tree down?

New Years Day. By then I am tired of chasing the cats away from the tree.

5. Do you like eggnog?

Love eggnog, but not the 8700 calories/glass!

6. Favorite gift received as a child?

I was very active in band - both concert band and jazz band. In my early teens (14?) I received a Selmer Mark VII tenor sax for Christmas. I thought I had died and gone to heaven!

7. Hardest person to buy for?

Husband, because he buys his own gift every year before Christmas.

8. Easiest person to buy for?

Cam. He tells me what he wants - I buy it - we all live happily ever after!

9. Do you have a nativity scene?

Nope!

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?

Email? Christmas cards? Really? They either have a stamp on them or they don't count!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?

I haven't ever had a "bad" gift, but growing up my grandparents used to get all of us girls the same item so it was only a surprise for the first one who opened hers.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?

Christmas Vacation!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?

Ummm ... when I have to!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?

Never recycled, but have donated a gift or two to charity.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?

Soft sugar cookies with cream cheese frosting.

16. Lights on the tree?

Of course. Colored only.

17. Favorite Christmas songs:

Anything instrumental.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?

We stay home, although Cam really does need to get to Washington for a traditional family Christmas. He'll never be the same once that happens.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?

I can! You'll have to watch the video for proof!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?

Star!

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?

Usually Christmas Morning, unless we don't have husband's kids on Christmas morning, then it is Christmas Eve.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?

Nasty people who seem to have forgotten what the holiday is all about.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?

Theme? Ha! We put whatever we have on the tree. Ornaments Cam made. Ornaments that were gifts. It's a Charlie Brown Christmas Tree.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?

No favorite and no traditional dinner.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?

I want my children to experien
ce, and gain appreciation for, the gift of giving. I'd like them to truly feel the meaning of Christmas.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

18 comments:

Jormengrund said...

Cam needs to get to Washington??

Were you planning on dropping by for a visit, or are you picking on me again?

Great post Dana!

Can't wait to see tomorrow's stuff!

Happy Holidays!

Osbasso said...

We match on alot of these. I miss the days when Mom cranked out those cookies (but with butter cream frosting) by the dozens. With sprinkles, or those silver balls you can't get anymore that would break a molar if you bit it right.

A Mark VII??? Cool!

Nolens Volens said...

Enjoyed your answers...too bad that you barely moved your legs. LOL

Neil Benson said...

The only way I'll drink eggnog is with rum in it.

I used to like to go out and shop down the tree at the tree farm. Now in my old age I'm content to put up the fake one.

I've always disliked the pretense that were supposed to be happy at this time of year. Ooops! Didn't mean to sound like the Grinch.

Real Live Lesbian said...

Love eggnog. Big red puffy heart eggnog.

It shall not touch these lips.

Yep, the nasty Christmas people need to go the hell away!

Jay said...

"Because I know some of you might not want to spend 10 minutes with me... "

Oh I would spend 10 minutes with you, but I don't think I would last that long. ;-)

I might do this mememememe too. Or I might just answer #22 in a long rant filled with dirty words. LOL

Vixen said...

I received this meme in my email by a friend of mine and was considering taking it to my blog.

Email Christmas cards....totally with you. If you are going to EMAIL me a card, it's just not the same!

M said...

Leaving it up till New Year's Day? Maybe we're weird, but we take it down the day after or shortly after that.

Schmoop said...

There is nothing sexier than a chick blowing on a sax. Cheers Dana!!

Ashly Star said...

I still haven't done a video blog yet. I worked my way up to a simple little audio blog on my private blog a couple weeks ago, lol. =x I'll get to the vlog one day!

I love those boots! You're too cute by the way. =)

Great answers! I love your response to 22.

Dana said...

Jormengrund, ummmm ... if I drop by for a visit will I leave with all of my fingers and toes??

Os, those evil, silver balls! Seriously, I could eat nothing but frosted sugar cookies for the next 30 days!

Nolens Volens, moving my legs was not a requirement of the meme *giggle*

Dana said...

Neil, rum does improve the eggnog! I understand not being happy this time of year - I certainly struggle with that myself.

RLL, can I bring you a glass of eggnog??

Jay, I bet you could last 10 minutes!!

Dana said...

Vixen, do the meme ... do the meme!!

M, you're weird *giggle* I'd take it down the day after Christmas if my family would let me. We've compromised with January 1st.

Matt-Man, and I've learned that my embouchure has come in handy in many other ways too!

Dana said...

Amorous, vlogging is terrifying the first time, but it gets easier as you go along!

gottaluvme3 said...

Of course you would be left with all your fingers and toes, cause you wouldnt be let in the front door....sorry :(

Dana said...

gottaluvme3, *NOTE TO SELF* Plan clandestine rendezvous with Jormengrund when I visit family in Washington. KIDDING!!

gottaluvme3 said...

I know you are kidding Dana. I am just messing with you too...well, to an extent. LOL

Jill said...

I loved this meme. Going to steal it... :)

I agree so much with #22. These people are why I don't go Christmas shopping in the month of December. I don't want them ruining my favorite holiday!