13 December 2008

Blago, Ballet, Bears and Baby

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

What do you do when you have a few random thoughts that need to be eliminated from your head, but that don't quite make up enough for a post? Well, you find some random pictures to go with the random thoughts and post it on a Saturday when no one reads anyway!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Is anyone surprised that this man:



Who had an ego so big he spent $15,000 EACH on 40 signs announcing his success in his pay-for-play contracting to complete the new open road tolling plazas



Would do something like put state jobs, state contracts and regulatory favors up for sale? Or that he would attempt to get critical editorial writers from the Chicago Tribune fired in exchange for helping parent Tribune Co. with a state plan to finance the purchase of Wrigley Field?

Blago called the Senate seat "a fucking valuable thing. You just don't give it away for nothing." Among the prizes Blago considered were a position in Obama's Cabinet, an ambassadorship, a $300,000 job with a union-backed group--even a highly paid position for his wife. In fact, evidence suggests that Blago gave serious consideration to appointing himself to the Senate seat (something he could legally do), because he felt "stuck" in his job as governor. Illinois politics at its finest! Amazing ...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Husband and I have a "date" Sunday. Husband will be fantasizing about watching petite women with amazing flexibility while I watch gay men with nice asses in tights listen to the orchestra.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

See these? These are the prototypes for the Christmas card and dated Christmas ornament I'll be making this year. No, I haven't started yet. Yes, I realize that Christmas in in 12 days and that if I don't get these in the mail soon they'll be Valentine's Day cards and ornaments, but I work better under pressure - really I do!


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I had to scan a baby photo of Cam for a class project of his and figured this was as good a day as any to post a random baby photo. He is 4 months old in this picture, and just the cutest little thing (in my oh-so-humble opinion).


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

12 comments:

Jay said...

If Blago goes to prison that will be 4 of Illinois' last 8 governors to go to jail. That's impressive. The only thing more entertaining than Blago's illegal antics, is how delusional he is.

I've never been to the ballet, but will someday. Maybe.

And CUTE! pic of Cam!

rage said...

Not a ballet fan myself, although I took lessons by force when I was a child.

As far as the story about Blago goes, I sure hope he's proud of himself.

Osbasso said...

Listen for the bass trombone solos!

Volly said...

There's nothin' better in life than a cute baby.

(my humble opinion...)

Biscuit said...

Love the card! I gave up on doing those a long time ago.

12 days is PLENTY of time ;)

cat said...

What a great picuture......He's a beauty. I LOVE IT! Great project.

What is this 4 now? At least that is what the news is saying.

Anonymous said...

Super cute is a baby Cam. Super UN-cute is the hairdo with a Governor attached named Blagojevich. The word hubris comes to mind, but it really is just par for the course in a town that's been corrupt since the days of Capone. Enjoy your firm-buttocked homosexuals, I personally can't quite dig ballet although I had a cousin who many years ago was kind of a ballet celebrity in Indianapolis. As far as I know, he was straight. (but I really didn't know him that well.) The cards and gifty thing is cute. I was never one to do cards except when we did Valentine's day in school and of course B'day cards for the wife (whose birthday is, oddly enough, Christmas day)
Take Care,
FMD

Unknown said...

Cam looks like one of the cutest babies i have seen in a long time. you have a valuable treasure in this child:)

Schmoop said...

Blago is one of the reasons I left SEIU. I couldn't stomach him from wayyy back. Ha. I bet Cam would love you for posting that pic. Cheers Dana!!

M said...

That is an adorable baby picture! Those big eyes and cute cheeks, my gosh how did you even deal with such cuteness :)

Real Live Lesbian said...

That is the cutest baby I've seen in ages! He's only four months? Just precious!

g-man said...

Mmmm flexible ballerinas.

That is a cute picture! He still has a bit of his baby face still. :)