20 December 2008

Saturday Soup

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Another Saturday of "Throw a bunch of leftovers in the pot" posting! Let's start with a cyber gift I received from Jormengrund. Once in a while you meet a blogger who has amazing parallels to your own life. Jormengrund - who writes Yet Another Day in Paradise - is one of those bloggers. He gave me a button for Christmas - my very own button! See? Here it is!

And how perfect is this? Now all I need is that darn "normal" meter and all will be well in the world.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I didn't get around to responding to any of my comments yesterday. Let's just say Friday was a continuation of Thursday and I was addressing issues on the home front that required much of my focus. I'll likely get around to posting on this situation, but I'd like there to be some resolution before I do.

In short, I'm tired of talking, and failing - of making decisions, and letting fear get the best of me - of thinking I know what I'm doing, then second guessing myself into inaction. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired and so fearful of making a wrong decision that the only decision I am making is the decision NOT to make a decision. It's beginning to really take a toll on my emotional health and my ability to complete daily tasks. In other words, I think I'm losing it ...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Karen - who writes Smiling Through It All - offered to write five interview questions for any of her reader's who were foolish daring enough to to ask. Well, you know me! I asked!! Karen sent me an email that said, in part, "You are a difficult person to interview because you are so open about your life and you do the Tuesday questions. I had to give it some thought." Well, she did just that and asked some great questions.

1. While you were in the military did you experience any discrimination or harassment due to your gender? Or did you get any benefits or perks by way of being a woman?

2. This week you talked a bit about the troubles Cam is going through. I want to know what Cam does that makes you proud?

3. It is my understanding that you made a long move to marry to your husband. How did you two meet?

4. This may sound cheesy, but you are one of my "blogging heros". I admire your openness and honesty and ability to state a differing opinion so gracefully. Who are are your blogging heros and why?

5. Are you making a New Year's Resolution?

What? You thought I was going to answer them? Well, I am, but it will have to wait until Monday. Although I was quite prepared to do it today, I realized that it was going to need to be a post of its own. Remember? I'm the one who makes simple things more difficult can't give a simple answer without it turning into a long story.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

14 comments:

Jeff B said...

Wow, those are some great questions. I can understand why a quick answer just wouldn't do for them.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to your actions.

Hope you have a relaxing Saturday evening, Dana. :)

Anonymous said...

lol I meant to say answers. Oops!

boo said...

No rest for the weary this year, it seems. I hope things work out well in your current situation, whatever it is. *hugs* Can't wait to read the answers to those delicious questions!

- said...

Luv your button he sent you.

Reminds me of the 1 that says, 'Normal people worry me' (which I absolutely luv!)

Looking forward to your answers, too. :)

"I'm the one who can't give a simple answer without it turning into a long story."

(hehehe) No wonder I like you so much; I'm the same. Me too.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend Dana~

*smiles*

Dana said...

Jeff, that Karen is never a slacker! I told her to give me her best shot and she did!

FF, I'm looking forward to my actions

Boo, It's been a hell of a year here. It started on a snowy January day and it hasn't slowed down since.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are sounding like me....I understand about being afraid of making a decision and second guessing, etc.

and good questions; I look forward to the answers.

Mind of MadMan said...

Those answwers will be pretty interesting...let your readers answer for you!!!!

rage said...

Looking forward to hearing about the next saga of the homestead chronicles.

Anonymous said...

Those are really some well thought out questions. Proves one should be careful what one wishes for. I will enjoy those answers. As for other things, I sure hope that all works out for you and your family. You've got some heavyweight issues facing you (if we read between the lines correctly) and I wish you all the best in getting things right with your situation. If I thought you'd do it, I'd suggest praying on it. Stuff like you're facing often benefits from some help from "on high". I will offer one up on behalf of you and Cam just in case.
Take care,
FMD

Jormengrund said...

I'm so glad you liked the button Dana!

I just thought of you when I saw it, and had to send it.

Merry Christmas, and I'll be sure to keep reading..

Oh, and think of me a bit, I'm kind of stranded at home right now thanks to a HUGE snowstorm out here.. I've got nearly a foot and a half of snow in an area that panics if someone sees a flake or two.. It's madness here!

we're doomed said...

I am looking forward to your answers. I am sure I will be educated and entertained.

Dana said...

I Smile, I love my button too!

Breve, I am often paralized by the fear of making the wrong decision.

Madman, hmmmmm ... now that's a thought!

Dana said...

Rage, I'm not so sure you will get the story you are expecting.

FMD, there was a time when I would have poo-poo'd your prayers, but, oddly enough, one thing that has happened with the demise of my family is that my faith has been renewed. I'll take any help I can get!

Jormengrund, I remember a few winters like that in Seattle. You have my sympathy!