17 February 2009

TMI Tuesday #174

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

TMI Tuesday

1. What is your favorite charity? Do you you give your time or just money to that charity?

As I wrote last week, Cam and I have been donating our time. It was a bit of a New Year's resolution for us. Our recent focus has been on the food distribution center for our area. We live in a farming community - a community that is often hit hard even when the economy is good - and doing our part, is something that has become important to Cam and me.

I also participate in the United Way payroll deduction program at work, with my contribution going to the local United Way Agency.

2. Describe your bed. What side do you sleep on?

King size with a memory foam topper - no headboard. My side of the bed has extra blankets on it (the weight comforts me). I sleep on the side furthest away from the door. I was brought up in a bit of a chivalrous era where the man slept closest to the door to ward off any intruder that might threaten the family, and that silliness has stayed with me throughout the years.

3. How important is a partner's kissing ability?

What's more important than kissing ability is the desire to please the person being kissed. There is always opportunity to improve the skill of kissing, but that desire to be selfless? To listen to and respond to the needs (in this case, the kissing needs) of others? Far more difficult to learn.

4. Have you ever "taken advantage" of a person under the influence of alcohol? Have you ever been "taken advantage" of while under the influence of alcohol?

If I don't remember, it never happened, right?

5. Ever tried to replay the famous scene from From Here to Eternity? How was it?

Never tried it, and all that I could think of while watching it was, "Damn! That sand is going to cause some chafing!

Bonus (as in optional): What kind of birth control do you use?

I'm past the point of wanting birth control - I needed birth prevention. As husband decided that an outpatient process with minimal evasiveness might threaten his manhood, I went under general anesthesia and has the fallopian tubes lasered away.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

14 comments:

Karen said...

I always sleep closest to the door because I feel suffocated otherwise. And I LOVE your answer to #4. I have used that excuse in my life.

Anonymous said...

hmmmm....interesting Karen...I guess I kind of feel the same way, but I never put it into words. I do need the openness of the door...I don't like sleeping with the door closed, prefer it open.

Dana..#5 LOL! That is my thought too!

Real Live Lesbian said...

Sand + Romance = Ick and ouch


That just never works for me.

Anonymous said...

I like sleeping close to the door. That comforts me. ;)

Heavy blankets do sound nice though.

Your dh is an ass but you already know that.

Big Kahuna said...

Dana - Never thought about #2 but it seems like the right thing to do - and it so happens I sleep closest to the door when with my Babushka.

Bonus - I have never understood mens' reluctance with Vasectomy, especially given the option you gals have to go through. I will have to post my vasectomy story some day - it involves smoke and a pony tail.

Professor Fate said...

Empirically, sand does get places that it doesn't belong.

Jay said...

I sleep on the side closest to the door too. Near the shotgun. LOL

I refuse to donate to the United Way. Even if you select a local charity the United Way takes their "administrative" cut. If I want to donate to a local charity I will do so directly.

Nolens Volens said...

I can tell you this...it takes a REAL person to undergo a procedure that renders one unable to reproduce. I volunteered and I don't feel less of a man than before. In fact, I find myself being desired by ladies more than before. You were "man enough" to undergo a far more invasive procedure. Sorry that he had no backbone.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I also like the heaviness on me when I sleep. I sleep on the left side of the bed mostly (when looking at the bed)...it has to do with me sleeping better on my right side and facing outward.
Strangely that normally puts me closest to the door and that protection thing is something I have known about.
We don't need to worry about birth control at this time, but I would have gone through the procedure if it were necessary. Having another kid at 54 is more frightening then having a vasectomy!

Dana said...

Karen, tequila has been involved in much nekkidness in my life!

Breve, it hurts to just think of all that sand, wetness and friction!

RLL, it only works for me if someone is serving me an umbrella drink while I bask in the sun.

Dana said...

FF, well ... birth control should be a mutual decision, and we decided we needed something more dependable. I cannot fault him for his uneasiness in taking care of things.

Kahuna, I want to hear that story!

Fate, and natural sand paper is not a good thing!

Ms. Inconspicuous said...

I never really quite understood the appeal of sand in one's nether regions, either. But I suppose that's why it's cinematic, or something.

Jennybean said...

I like heavy blankies too... and is that why I like hubby to sleep by the door??

Nicey said...

I was always happy to just find my bed sleeping on which side was the least of my worries !!!
Laters

Nicey