03 February 2009

TMI Tuesday #172

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

1. When you sleep with someone, how much or how little contact do you like to have?

GAH! I'm not even sure how to answer this question. It's been ... 13 years (?) since I slept with anyone who cuddled - who touched. I know that I long for touch. A hug when I've had a bad day - someone to hold hands with while watching a movie - a hand at the small of my back giving me reassurance - and an arm to hold on to when I am awoken by a bad dream. I do wonder though, if after all these years, I haven't over-romanticized what has been missing.

2. What do you think there is a appropriate amount of time for a divorce parent to date before introducing the kids to the "new" "special" person in their life?

Another difficult question, and one that I'm certain I handled wrong. Although in my case it wasn't divorce (I was never in a committed relationship with Cam's father), but I introduced Cam to a few people that I dated that he should have never met. I struggled with what I thought I deserved (to be able to date) and being the sole caretaker for Cam. There wasn't any family to watch him and I didn't know how to find a "trusted" sitter in a place where I didn't know anyone. I chose my own desires and tried to lessen the impact on Cam.

I didn't answer the question, did I? I think it really depends on the age, maturity and awareness of the kids. This is a decision that really should be driven by the needs of the children - not the desires of the adult.

3. Which ONE do you wish you had more of in bed... romance, experimentation or foreplay?

If those were my only choices? Romance. If I could add one of my own? Intimacy.

4. What do you think makes a kiss great?

Ahhh ... so many things ...

The moment, the passion, the desire, the circumstances ...

5. Describe your sex life in two words.

Self inflicted

Bonus (as in optional): Do you remember a time when you were having sex that you smile or even laugh about now? Do tell....

Hmmm ... I think there were probably too many times to count. Sex can be pretty darn funny sometimes, especially when one has had too many shots of tequila is trying to be creative. Then there are the noises *grin*


TMI Tuesday

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

25 comments:

Hubman said...

Self inflicted?

Bwahahaaha...

Tonya said...

great post, this is what sucks about being single...

"cuddled - who touched. I know that I long for touch. A hug when I've had a bad day - someone to hold hands with while watching a movie - a hand at the small of my back giving me reassurance - and an arm to hold on to when I am awoken by a bad dream."

but maybe your right about the over-romanticized part. ~sigh~ thank gawd for "self-inflicted" i think i will go hug myself now.

Nolens Volens said...

Ohh, "self inflicted". Bitingly funny.

tt said...

the 'noises'...hahahahahaha
That always makes me laugh!!
Fun sex....is the bestest.

Schmoop said...

I wish I had more "four play" in bed. Me and three chicks. Yum. Cheers!!

Hubman said...

Looking back, you do realize my comment meant that I'm laughing WITH you, not AT you, right?

Nicey said...

Dana,

Thats quite pesonal stuff youve laid down there !!!

Children meeting potential partners - Well depends on the age of the children, mine at 7 & 9 are defintly not ready for it. My ex F was so much of a party girl that she never met any of my family....

Nice post BTW
Laters

Nicey

buffalodick said...

We had a motel room with a mirror on the ceiling once... believe me, we don't look near as good as we feel- or think we look!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Self inflicted....OH MY

Real Live Lesbian said...

I've had plenty of times when I laughed RIGHT THEN!

katherine. said...

probably the "touching" you've described is a byproduct of the intimacy you desire...

your answers frequently cause me to dwell...

Vixen said...

....trying to be experimental.... Oh yeah, LOL!

Biscuit said...

I am starting to reaiize that I have been incredibly lucky in the "noises" department.

Um...well...other than vocal ones. ;)

Dana said...

Hubman, well, one takes what they can get!

Siren, touch is so important - so necessary - and when it's missing it is a difficult thing to get from strangers!

NV, yeah ... well ...

Dana said...

tt, you just never know when the body might throw out a funny noise at an inopportune moment!

Matt-Man, ha! And nowing you, you'd be yelling ... "FOUR!"

Hubman, you better not be laughing at me! I am - afterall - a trained killer *wink*

Dana said...

Nicey, I tend to be pretty straight forward here! Oh! And you should probably actually be divorced before you introduce your kids to a prospective mate!

Buff, funny how that works, isn't it?

Bond, did you like that?

M said...

#1 - Yes, yes, and yes I agree.

#5 - A to the MEN :)

Jay said...

"Self inflicted" heh

And I like the bonus answer too. Sex is actually pretty funny. ;-)

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I did...I needed a laugh today...with you not at you!

Dana said...

RLL, it happens to the best of us, doesn't it?

Kat, you know, I try to take my TMI Tuesday answers up a level beyond a typical meme. I do hope I am successful with that!

Vixen, the best intentions are sometimes the funniest moments!

Dana said...

Biscuit, no sex noises? No sweaty bodies with air trapped between them? Nothing? Hmmmm ...

M, it's kind of like that song, "If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all!"

Jay, sex is really funny sometimes!

Ms. Inconspicuous said...

Self-inflicted is a brilliant description, even if it does make me cringe a bit in sympathy.

Sex without laughter and self-deprecation? I'd want no part of it. Well, maybe a little, but still.

Anonymous said...

I agree 100% w/ #4 about the good kisses.

What you described and how you said you introduced your son to people who he never should have met again reminded me of my own childhood and the string of men that walked into my mother's life and right back out.

I am sure though that was a very difficult situation w/ not knowing anyone and having no sitter.

Adam Apple said...

Gotta love those noises as mentioned in the bonus.

Liz Hill said...

For a person who likes to be touched the lack of it is like going without water.

My ex was not one who liked to be touched --he set limits and made it seem like he was just 'tolerating' it a lot of the time.

I love being with someone who loves to touch me as much as I love to touch and be touched by him