14 June 2008

Some Got Wet ~ Some got Inked

Fortunately, our final full day in San Antonio was a GREAT one! We started off at Sea World where the kids participated in a Sea Lion Interaction Program. This really is a neat experience. The kids actually suit up just like the trainers, then go to the stage where the sea lion show is done. They get in the water, feed the sea lions and actually have hands-on time with them.

Here is Tyler (step-son) swimming with the Sea Lion ...


His girlfriend Sara ...


Delaney (step-daughter) ...


And Cam ...


They all had a wonderful time! In fact, two years ago they did a Sea World Beluga Whale Interaction and said they enjoyed the sea lion version much more as they got a lot more hands-on time with the sea lions.

Then, since I hadn't done much for myself this vacation, I decided a little Dana time was in order. Y'all have seen the ink on my back from my Baby's Got Back HNT, but here is a cropped version.


I've been wanting to get some additional work done on it - make the two tats look like one - maybe add another to the mix. Well, I jumped in with both feet last night and went to Platinum Tattoos & Body Piercing ... and look what they did!


I am absolutely thrilled! Not only did they fix the Iris, but they connected all the work making it look like one large piece. The orange flowers? Orange is Cam's favorite color and I decided it was time to give him a place of honor.

Today we head back to the home front - actually in about 3 hours. We'll be making a stop at Cheesy Jane's for a One Pounder challenge, then heading to the airport to (hopefully) make it home by 9PM!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

21 comments:

MrRyanO said...

Nice ink!

I am itching to get a tattoo, but still haven't found just the right design.

I love the colors and it really flows nicely together!

Looks like the kids had a great time too!

Leighann said...

LOVE the tattoo, the bright colors really pop!! They did a great job on it!

The sea lion experience sounds amazing!

I hope overall you had a good time :)

Karen said...

The tattoo is beautiful! Wow.
And swimming with sea lions. So cool! You have some lucky kids.

Dana said...

RD, thank you! I kind of ended up with a floral theme accidentally, but I'm really enjoying where it is going!

Leighann, the sea lion experience was amazing - the kids were thrilled!

Karen, thank you! Yes, we do have some really lucky kids, and I think this trip they realized just how lucky they are!

Acrimony said...

I know I told you this already, but I think they did an amazing job on the coverup. You really can't tell there was anything there previously. :)

none said...

Great tat! I've been to that seaworld a couple of times and it is fun despite the heat.

As American as Apple Pie said...

The tat looks awesome!!! I love the bright colors and how it is all integrated.

Hope you have a safe trip back!

Christo Gonzales said...

DAG..thats nice and I'm not an inky type (well not on me any way) but I do appreciate good work.

boo said...

I don't normally like color tattoos, but that is really beautiful work. I *love* the Orange. Go Cam! :0)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tattoo! I love it. Very bright and colorful and it looks like it was always that way.

captain corky said...

It looks amazing. And the swimming looks like a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

Suuhhhhweeeet! Very nice ink. Hope the Cam-Man enjoyed Seaworld. Looks like he did. Hope all had a great VACAY!!

FMD

Dana said...

Tali, this guy was so good it would be worth the airfare to make the trip next time I want work done!

Hammer, thank you!

Apple, the trip back was a trip - more on that later.

Dana said...

DB, I'm not the inky type either, but this one has become somewhat addictive!

Boo(duh), the colors will fade over time, but it sure does look purdy now!

FF, I think the fact that it looks like it has always been that way is what I love most about it.

Dana said...

Corky, coming from a fellow inky boy, I appreciate that!

FMD, vacation was ... well ... I think I'm ready for a real one this time!

Real Live Lesbian said...

The ink is STUNNING! The artist did a great job!!!!

Glad the last day went well. Love the sea lion pics. Makes me wish *I* was one of your kids! :)

Lu' said...

Blended the tatt very well. Looks good :)

tt said...

love.love.love the tat!! Great job done there..and i LOVE the orange...it's one of my favorite colors too. Nice way to honor such a great kid!
Too cool having the Sea Lion experience. Sounds like your vaca was a success. AND...Cheesey Jane's..yummo!!

Deech said...

Yeah, The Tat looks great!

Flyinfox_SATX

Anndi said...

I LOVE it!

Unknown said...

That’s quite a vacation memento you brought home! I like it.