05 June 2008

Friday Wrap Up

First things first! Remember that contest that Talisman was having? The "What the f*ck is that thing?" scanning electron microscope contest?? Well, even though I didn't enter the second chance part of the contest, I was first loser runner up! I guess that $$ I promised to put in her son's 529 college fund wasn't quite enough to win the drawing. For all of my mad Googling skills I won this (Ha! The story of my life):

Who says chemists don't have a sense of humor??? Now, of course she's telling me this is a prize, and she did fork over 5K in PsyPets money for it, but I know it's nothing more that a shameless, self-promoting blog plug pity gift. Oh well, I had fun and she promises to do this again!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I often click on the DISCOVER button in my Google Reader just to see if it really can figure out what I like, and occasionally I happen upon a blog that is a perfect match. Recently, Google shared House of Lime with me. I've been lurking there for a bit, but decided to come out of the closet to snag this "What is your Karaoke Theme Song?" quiz (and no, I would never sing Karaoke, but the quiz was fun):



Your Karaoke Theme Song is "Margaritaville"


You are a true party animal, but your style is mild and chill. (It's true! I can party with the best of them but prefer a select handful.)

Kicking back with a few friends and a few drinks is all you need to be happy. (Not only is it all that I need, it's all that I want.)

You certainly don't feel pressured to be a part of any party scene. In fact, you avoid trendier spots. (And here I thought this was just because I'm old!)

You've been known to kick loose anywhere and everywhere. All you need is a cooler. (It's not about where the party is, it's about who the party is with)

You might also sing: "Gin and Juice," "Love Shack," and "Red Red Wine" (*sings* Love shack ... baby love shack ... *stops singing before you all run away*)

Stay away from people who sing: "Wind Beneath My Wings" (I don't think anyone who reads my blog would sing
"Wind Beneath My Wings" would they??)

What's Your Karaoke Theme Song?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

We leave for San Antonio on Sunday and I have TONS of things to do before we leave, both at home and at work. On top of the getting the important things done like laundry and packing, I'm also working on an inaugural vlog. I can't make any promises, but I'm hoping to have it done before we leave.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This was the first full week of the new 4-day schedule at work. Although it was great having Monday off (Who knew how much fun it is to go to the market during a week day?), it's taking me a bit of time to adjust to the 10-hour work day - especially that initial 7AM-noon chunk. About 11AM, my body is screaming "IT'S LUNCH TIME," but the clock tells me otherwise.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

25 comments:

buffalodick said...

I have(somewhere in this house!) "Margaritaville" on vinyl, 8-track, cassettee, CD, and video! Have been a parrothead long before it became popular...

- said...

I did this quiz too! Enjoy your trip Dana! You sound like a busy girlie! I hope U get everything all done like U want ; ) And Happy Friday too ; )

Schmoop said...

Ha...How appropriate:

I'm Too Sexy!!

You're a total goof ball and a bit of a nut job. You don't take yourself seriously at all.
And while you may not be the greatest singer, you're the first to volunteer for karaoke.

You have a wild and unpredictable sense of humor that always gets people cracking up.
Irreverent and rebellious, your humor knows no bounds or limits. You enjoy shocking people.

You might also sing: "Like a Virgin," "Ice Ice Baby," and "Hey Ya!"

Stay away from people who sing: "Sweet Home Alabama"

Good luck getting everythng done Dana. Cheers!!

Jeff B said...

At the risk of being removed from your reader list forever, "Wind Beneath my Wings" was sung at my wedding...by request of both my wife and I.

OK there, are you happy? My dirty little secrete is out for the whole world to see.

I feel so exposed!

Real Live Lesbian said...

Why'd you stop singing...is it because *I* was singing along???? I heart Love Shack!

Can't wait to see the vlog! Have a fabulous trip!

Leighann said...

I haven't sang Karaoke in YEARS but what's funny is that the song I got.... was the last song I sang! (In the comfort of my own home with just a few friends)

"Baby's Got Back"

The description they gave sounds NOTHING like me though!

You're a total show off who is willing to risk looking like a fool to get a few laughs.
In fact, you'll go for the cheap laugh if you need to... because it's better than no reaction!

Your friends can count on you to get a party started, and you'll party hard until you can't remember their names.
You're charismatic, charming, and a total character. With or without a few drinks in you.

You might also sing: "I Touch Myself," "Oops I Did it Again," or "My Humps"

Stay away from people who sing: "Candle in the Wind"

Acrimony said...

No dear, the two Hannah And Friends bracelet's that I'm going to send you if you ever send me your address again are the pity prize. I had the icon planned for the "first loser" all along. :P

Dana said...

Buff, I've always been a HUGE Jimmy Buffet fan!

ISmile, we'll see how the day progresses ...

Matt-Man, imagine that! "I'm Too Sexy" Who'd have thunk it *wink*

Dana said...

Jeff, we have a problem ... WAIT! You didn't sing it Karaoke style did you? Please tell me you didn't because I think there might be an exemption clause!

RLL, "Love Shack" is one of those songs that makes me smile every time I hear it! Let's sing it together!!

Leighann, "I Touch Myself" *gigglesnort*

Dana said...

Tali, address forwarded! *patiently awaits pity prize*

Jeff B said...

If I would have been wearing the wedding dress while singing it would it make it OK?

Knight said...

I got the same result as Matt-Man which is funny because I'm pretty sure "I'm too sexy" was the first song I ever did on Karaoke. I have been hired to sing "Wind Beneath My Wings" at weddings but you will never catch me singing that song without getting paid for it.
Just seeing "IT'S LUNCH TIME" made me hungry and it's only 10:30. My internal clock is always broken.

Osbasso said...

I've never sung karaoke. When you're a famous rock star, there's really no need. That being said--my song was "Livin' On A Prayer"...

"You might also sing: "Pour Some Sugar on Me," "Rapper's Delight," and "Cherry Pie"
Stay away from people who sing: "Toxic" "

I've never thought of myself as a butt-rocker. I'm so embarrassed...

On a different note (pun intended), Dana on video?? That sounds like all sorts of fun!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

If I sing bar owners put contracts out on me because I empty the place...WHY do you think I became a DJ???? LOL

ENJOY SAN ANTONIO...say hi to my brother, SIL and nieces for me

boo said...

I'm a total parrot head so we can chill with the Bubbah and some good booze, all easy like. I'm embarrassed to admit I scored "Baby Got Back." :0)

10 hour days aren't so bad when you get used to them. I love 4/3 schedules. Keep an apple or something *really* crunchy or smelly to snack on at 11am. If you're getting hungry, ever one else is too. *Evil Grin*

Jay said...

Mine was Margaritaville too. But, it doesn't really matter because it's unlikely that I will ever get drunk enough to sing karaoke anyway. ;-)

As American as Apple Pie said...

I can't believe I came up with the same song as Os!

Dana said...

Jeff, only if you had the garter belt on too!

Knight, you can have a "Wind Beneath My Wings" exemption as well since you have to be paid to sing it!

Os, butt-rocker *gigglesnort* Yes, I may very well make my first public appearance on video (does that mean I need to shave?) ... or I'll chicken out and you'll only hear my silly voice.

Dana said...

Bond, if it makes you feel any better, the reason I was a band geek was because the choir wouldn't have me!

Boo(duh), "Baby Got Back"? At least is wasn't "Wind Beneath My Wings" (poor Jeff). I had pretzels at 11AM today *wink*

Jay, I've always known we were birds of a feather (yeah, I'm making fun of Jeff again)

Dana said...

Apple, maybe you should try "I Wanna Be A Rock Star" instead?? *wink*

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I made a few tweaks, including enlarging the type and also showing some different colors for the post type.

captain corky said...

Are you going to take a week off from blogging while you're on vacation?

I hope you have a good time and I'm looking forward to your vlog!

Anonymous said...

I too got Margaritaville. I'm sure it's because I'm old. I was diggin that one when it was a staple on country radio. I actually did sing karaoke once, but I WAS completely hammered and the only way I knew I sang, was my best freind paid for a tape of it. That evidence has since been destroyed. Enjoy SA the weather should be good if not too hot. I'm hoping to get some software on this comp soon so that I may actually watch your vlog if you do it. Good luck and happy traveling!

FMD

Dana said...

Corky, a week off from blogging?? I've shared that I have an addictive personality and you ask that?? I'm taking Rhonda with me and hope to give updates and insights on the trip. If I'm lucky I'll also have a special HNT for y'all!

FMD, if I've ever sung karaoke I was too drunk to remember - thankfully! Get that software - the vlog is loading now!

Unknown said...

Hmmmm