11 June 2008

Sea World & Brisket

9:30AM - 83 degrees - 65% humidity. UGH!!

Oh the joys of being young! This was after our visit to Six Flags on Monday. The kids had been in the car talking about their next quest - the community swimming pool. They decided to just sit down for a few minutes to rest before making the 1 mile trek. Let's just say that they never made it!



Tuesday was a trip to Sea World. We got up early as we were going to spend most of our day in Lost Lagoon - the water park portion of Sea World. My sister-in-law has been working for Anheuser-Busch Adventure Parks for 28 years and currently holds a VP position. Let's just say we get a bit spoiled when we visit Sea World.

Here is Cam, floating down the Lazy River. He spent most of his time in either
the Lazy River or the wave pool.


The bald guy in the back of this photo is my brother-in-law, the guy with the farmer's tan? Yeah ... that would be the other grown-up who threw a little tantrum in the airport.



The rest of the kids (from left to right), Tyler (step-son), Paige (niece), Dakota (second cousin), Sara (Step-son's girlfriend), Delaney (step-daughter) and Kirk (nephew).



This is my sister-in-law (hub's sister) that has the Anheuser-Busch Adventure Parks connection. She really is the reason I am able to stay relatively sane on this trip. She and I have become the Margarita Queens. Wait ... does that mean it's really the tequila that is keeping me relatively sane??



Of course, the kids are most concerned about getting a tan. Those of us old folks over 30 know the consequences of such frivolous conquests!



Oh, I did get a bit artsy at Sea World. They really have some beautiful landscaping that is definitely photo worthy. Here are two of my favorite shots.




Having spent some time in San Antonio in the past, there are a few things that are "must do" - one of those is Rudy's Bar-B-Q - self proclaimed "Worst Bar-B-Q in Texas." I have to say that if there was one thing that would get me to move to Texas, it would be the Rudy's brisket (fatty side, of course)


We purchase it by the pound and always order a side of coleslaw (creamy). They serve it with a loaf of white bread, the kind that is so gooey it sticks to the back of your teeth when you bite into it! There is nothing better than throwing a few slabs of the brisket onto the white bread, adding a spoon full of slaw, dousing it with Rudy's Sause (yes, that's how they spell it) and then stuffing the succulent, artery clogging concoction into your mouth! This was dinner last night - YUMMMMMMM!!


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

22 comments:

Jay said...

Rudy's is the best BBQ EVAH!!!! I love that place so much!

Chester's has great burgers if you are looking for a burger joint. There's one at Loop 410/New Braunfels exit (I'm pretty sure it's New Braunfels) not far East of the airport. Also about 1/4 mile from where I used to live.

And if you can ditch the kids I highly recommend Durty Nellie's down on the Riverwalk. It's an Irish Pub and there's non-stop fun there!

I'm here to help. ;-)

Just keep the tequila flowing and keep having a great time!

MrRyanO said...

Looks like a great time! I could go for some Lazy River action myself!

Dana said...

Jay, I think I'd pick Rudy's over an orgasm ... or not ... but it would be close! I wish we could ditch the kids, but it's not looking very promising ...

RD, looks like we may have round 2 of the lazy river on Friday!

Ken said...

Great pics, love the crashed out kids. ha ha ha
Enjoy!!!!!!

Leighann said...

The Lazy River sounds good to me!

Unknown said...

Oh to be young and be able to sleep any time, any where. But I guess that means they had a BLAST!

Wow Dana, I love that first pictures of the flower. It is amazing!

And I love creamy coleslaw. That food sounds so good!!!!!!

Are you guys going to do the boardwalk as well? Maybe without kids?

Unknown said...

Fine photos, Dana. Looks like a grand time.

As American as Apple Pie said...

OMG! I think you just made me cum with that dinner description. I love BBQ!!!

Sea World sounds like a blast! Especially when its so hot. I'm glad to hear you are having a good time...even if its with the help of margaritas. Have one for me!

The pics are beautiful. I can't wait to see what you have for HNT tomorrow. Does it involve BBQ sause? *licks lips hungrily*

Acrimony said...

Hey if Tequila is what it takes to keep you sane then I'm all for it! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Christo Gonzales said...

looks like tons of fun...I cant wait to see HNT tomorrow from TEXAS! I suggest a HNT video - a really long one and I swear I will watch the WHOLE thing.....LOL

Karen said...

I need some of that bbq right now.

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

We finally got a Rudy's down here. But, we have a couple of other really good bar-b-que places too.

Rudy's in S.A. Always gotta' have a Shiner Bock with that. Yes, even if it's lunch time.

It's like, you can't eat hot wings without beer either. [Maybe it's just me; and, maybe I like Shiner Bock too much! LOL!]

Happy Summery Wednesday!

Dana said...

Micky, I just wondered why it was the kids crashed out and the adults didn't!

Leighann, I'll take a ride on the Lazy river just for you on Friday!

Bina, Riverwalk? Probably not, although the graduation tomorrow is at the Alamo Dome.

Dana said...

Nick, so far so good, although tonight is a family event - could be great vlogging material!

Apple, I wish I could tell you BBQ Sauce was in the HNT equation tomorrow, unfortunately I've had a bit of a time trying to get anything together with a house full of 30+ people.

Tali, a little salt and lime and I'm all set!

Dana said...

DB, you'd watch a 10 minute HNT vlog?? No way!

Karen, we've got leftovers in the fridge - come on down!

Famer's Wife, I'd have had a Siner Bock - in fact, I could have used a Shiner Bock - however I was driving.

Christo Gonzales said...

well....only if I HAD too......maybe even 12 or 14 minutes if it was absolutely necessary...

Anonymous said...

Love that green picture!

Glad you're having fun. :)

Lu' said...

Crap, gotta go to bed. Have to say Dana that green landscape shot is friggin awewome :) Are you getting half nekkid on your trip and do we get to see?????

Schmoop said...

Looks like everyone is havin' fun. Keep it up. Cheers Dana!!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Going to have to ask my brother why we never went to Rudy's...

Glad the tequila umm the SIL is keeping you sane

Real Live Lesbian said...

YUM! Looks like good food and fun! Keep the tequila flowing!

g-man said...

I could use s some lazy river and a blow job (that's just me)

I am groovin on the leaf shot wicked cool. Drink some for me!! Have a good time.