19 May 2009

TMI Tuesday - (HNT Anniversary Editon)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

TMI Tuesday

1. Have you ever participated in HNT? If so, when? If not, why not?

Anyone who stops by here regularly knows the answer to this one. I've participated every week since Valentine's Day 2008 It's been an interesting journey of self-exploration and human nature.

Being a "part" of this group has exposed me to all that is good - and all that is terribly wrong - in the blogsphere - both from those who participate and those who don't. Although far less obvious (they play nicer), HNT - like all blog circles - has it's cliques and "issues." I try to stay away from that side of things as much as I can, but sometimes the drama finds me *shrugs*


2. Have you ever avoided certain sites because of the HNT pictures that were posted?

There are just a handful of sex bloggers who are fairly ... ummm ... graphic ... that I don't usually visit. I've learned to really enjoy the artistic/creative side of HNT and prefer those types of photos far more than the "hardcore" sex shots.

3. Have you ever posted a HNT picture that you wish that you hadn't?

Nope! There are some that I like better than others,but each one represents a specific emotion or event and each one taught me a little more about myself.

4. Do you email/text/call anyone regularly with someone you met through HNT?

I do, but just two or three. When I first started HNT, I was somewhat enamored by the novelty of it all. I craved the attention more than I enjoyed the process. Any time anyone gave me the least bit of approval, I mistook that as an interest in friendship and basically became an attention whore. I kept in touch with far more HNT-ers in the beginning than I do now.

5. What percentage of your online friends are current or former HNTers?

I have no earthly idea, but definitely less than 15%. Most of the blogs I read I read for content, not HNT pics. I do try to get through the full list of HNT participants each week though!

6. Does anyone in your "real" life know that you do HNT (if, of course, you do)?

No one in my "real" life knows I blog. They'd likely be mortified if they knew I did HNT!

7. Other than previously-known friends, have you met any fellow HNTers?

I have! There was my first HNT-er meet Nothing like starting off with a bang. Then there was a wonderful evening with Moose and a whole gaggle of them in Indy.

8. Have you ever downloaded someone else's HNT pictures?

Nope! Maybe when folks post them they expect others to do that, but I just wouldn't consider it without first asking ... and I'd be embarrassed to ask (figure that one out).

BONUS QUESTION: Have you ever submitted a picture for "...the Other HNT"?

I have ... maybe three times? It's gotten a bit "over the top" for me (stop looking so surprised!), and has FAR more traffic than my silly blog, so I tend to shy away from it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

17 comments:

Schmoop said...

I find the entire HNT thing to be quite offensive to my high brow sensibilities. Cheers!!

Hubman said...

Let Matt-Man be offended (I sense he's kidding, but I don't know him), I'll keep visiting you Thursday and every other day!

I don't know if you realize this, but your openness in saying that you prefer more creative/artistic photos as opposed to more explicit/hardcore ones has influenced how I go about creating my HNT posts. The explicit stuff would be too easy (and boring, to tell the truth) week after week. I particularly enjoy doing Retro HNT the first week of each month as well.

Unknown said...

I'm not sure where those "hard-core" HNT pictures are. Can you point me there??? Just kidding!

Actually, I love your pictures, as you well know. I'm running out of adjectives to describe their beauty!

None of my family knows about my blog either. I made the mistake of telling people before, and then my boys found it, and then my husband saw me typing on it one day, (after he took all of my good dishes out of the cabinet and shattered them on the floor when he was drunk) and that was the last post. I deleted it and still regret it to this day. It was far better writing than the one I have now!

Maybe I'm naive, but I've never considered copying ANY picture from ANY blog. It just seems "wrong".

Real Live Lesbian said...

What's the Other HNT? I'm sooo out of the loop!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Yes, what is the "other HNT"? I don't visit many of the HNT sites, unless I just happen to stumble across one. Nor do I really participate - aside from the random cleavage shots (and those are just on random days). I'd like to get more creative with it, like you. Maybe I'll get the motivation some day. LOL.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I was actually surprised by the graphic nature of some of the HNT posters. HALF naked, does not mean your pecker hanging in the lens of the camera...'

OK, I am a prude...NOT.

I so enjoy your artistic take on the whole thing. Other than you, I don't visit any others.

buffalodick said...

It's a big world, with many people- who have many thoughts... No one ever dragged me into a bar or a strip joint, but I have been dragged into church before..
My point being; we have reasons, valid to ourselves, to do what we do. No harm- no foul.

Jay said...

The only HNTers I visit are you and M over at Rumblings and Bumblings. But, I visit you two everyday already and still would if you didn't do the HNT thing. Not that you should stop or anything. ;-)

Dana said...

Matt-Man, actually, I'm starting to feel a bit that same way - surprising, huh?

Hubman, actually, I'd guess he's not entirely kidding on this one. Matt-Man participated in HNT for a short time and discovered, first hand, the bias and hypocrisy that can sometimes present itself.

It's nice to know I've had some influence in bringing back what originally drew me to HNT. HNT is an odd creature - molding and changing regularly based on the participants. I'd say now the majority of participants are sex bloggers, but it wasn't always that way.

Bina, if you scroll down my sidebar you'll see a small green and blue icon that says "THE OTHER HNT" Clicking on that will get you there, however you might want to make sure you don't go there at work or with kids looking over your shoulder. Most of the pics lean more towards graphic than artistic (with a few exceptions).

Dana said...

Real Live Lesbian, follow the directions I gave to Bina and you'll quickly see. If memory serves me right - before most HNT-ers were giving the full Monty on their own blogs - the OHNT was used for that. Now? Well, let's just say you can get a human anatomy and sexuality lesson there *wink*

Evil Twin's Wife, follow Bina to the other HNT! Because I participate in the "meme" I do try to show my support to those who participate, but most of my blog reads are not HNT-ers.

Bond, yeah ... with the surge of sex blogger participation, it has gotten far more graphic. I was certainly there at one point, but do try to be a bit more discrete these days. And I'm glad what I try to do with HNT is what comes through!

Dana said...

buffalodick, yes we do, and although sometimes those validations may offend others, they certainly have the option of staying away.

Jay, I have to tell you that one of the things that pleases me most about HNT is that so many of you who leave comments on Thursday aren't HNT-ers. It's been interesting reading the TMI Tuesdays this week. Most of those who participate say that 90% (or "most") of their online friendships are with fellow HNT-ers. I am quite the opposite!

rage said...

I think that you've posted some great HNT pics throughout time. I know I've always enjoyed them for their artsyness(that probably isn't a word) as well as their class.

Schmoop said...

Ha. I was kidding. I have no sensibilities. The only reason I stopped is because I got bored. Cheers!!

Nicey said...

Only a handful of peeps know of my blog but I wish I was like you and kept it a secret. Oh yeah I have only ever done one HNT but I am loving yours ...
Laters

Nicey

Leonhart said...

I don't do HNT for three reasons, both of equally valid importance.

1. I can't be bothered. Too much effort. Impressed by the lengths and measures you take for yours; don't, and probably never will, have the time or inclination to do the same.

2. My body ain't something the world needs to see more of, even in delightfully artistic portions. Which leads me to point 3,

3. My blog has a photo of my dick on it. As far as HNT goes, it kinda feels like the horse has bolted the stable.

g-man said...

I have enjoyed your HNT journey thus far and I look forward to more. Aside from yours, there is only one other HNT that I regularly look at (Biscuit). Occasionally I'll go over to the "other" or follow a comment link and check out their HNT, definitely some creative folks out there.

Biscuit said...

Being a one-biscuit hound, and therefore completely naive, I was honestly shocked when I realized that people download and save other people's pictures. It had just never occurred to me.