10 August 2008

Road Trip Part II

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

NOTE: I've preempted the Sunday Secret today, but have no doubt that after 5 days with my family this week there will be a juicy one next week!

Saturday was a much shorter day. Having made half the distance in the first day, and having a planned stop today, we did 555 miles in 8 hours with one stop. The drive was beautiful! There were a few little bumps in the road - a fuel economy issue and an unexpected detour - but we made it "here" safe and sound!

Where is "here"? Well, Helena Montana! Remember when I said we had only one planned stop? It was time to meet another blogger. This one has quite a blogging history. Way back when, he started a silly little thing called Half-Nekkid Thursday - a silly little thing that has allowed me to see a bit of beauty in a forty-something body that is far from perfect - a silly little thing that has been the occasional source of discord on my blog - a silly little thing that has exposed my creative side. That's right, the one and only Os, and what a great host he's been!

Last night included a fabulous dinner and equally wonderful beer at The Brewhouse Pub & Grille (no, Cam didn't have beer, but he did have some Montana beef), a quick tour of Helena at night (the views from the mountain were amazing and Cam was thrilled to see several deer up close and personal) and, just because it seemed like the right thing to do, a visit to DQ for a Thin Mint Blizzard. This time nothing went to waste *wink*

Today's plans include a trip to the Gates of the Mountains (*warning* page is slow to load) and more food and libations, this time at York Bar.

Cam and I will make the final leg of our journey some time Monday morning/afternoon - a short 300 mile trip!

I hope you enjoy part II of the travel vlog. It's a long one today (just short of 10 minutes), but is, amazingly, Osbasso's vlog debut. Hmmmm ... does this mean I took his vlogging virginity??

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

YouTube was giving me grief. Vlog is uploaded in a newer post!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

12 comments:

Laura Paxton said...

Okay, I am SO INCREDIBLY JEALOUS! We left Helena in November, courtesy of the US Navy... Please, tell Helena (and The Gates) hello for us!

Liz Hill said...

Wow--that's amazing.

You rbing up a great point about the HNT--it really does allow one to see the beauty.

Biscuit said...

So awesome you got to meet him! Did he pass along my hello?

Good luck on the rest of your trip!

Brian Gardes said...

Montana Beef...ah, the memories. The best steak I have ever had.

Hat's off to Os and the HNT. Because f him, so many people have gotten to know you better!

Unknown said...

Trip sounds grand! Gates of the Mountains wasn’t slow loading. It is quite stunning! I wish I were there.

ambergail77 said...

I want to go to Gates of the Mountains. It's so pretty. I am glad you are having fun and meeting fellow bloggers, espcially ones who promote nekkidness.

Jay said...

I'm glad Cam is having a great time and taking this all in. Traveling through that part of the country is a pretty awesome experience.

Was there supposed to be a video with this post. Cause it's not there if there was.

Anyway, drive carefully and have a fun time!

Dana said...

Laura, after spending almost 2 days here, I can understand why no one would want to leave!

Turnbaby, amazing? Well, I will say that it's been a lot of fun!

Biscuit, he did pass along your hello! BTW, I couldn't help but think of you as we drove through Wisconsin and saw all of the CHEESE signs!

Dana said...

garbonzo, hopefully they've gotten to know more than the half-nekkid me!

Nick, Gates of the Mountains was awe-inspiring. Quite beautiful!

Ambergail77, I feel fortunate to have met the man behind the nekkidness.

Dana said...

Jay, Cam is having a great time, and from a 12 year old, that's saying quite a bit!

Unknown said...

How cool is that! You actually got to meet him and hang out??? WHY couldn't you have travled through TN? But then again, it probably wouldn't have bee nearly as fun.

Nicey said...

Thats well cool Dana, I am still trying to get to grips with 'normal' blogging !!!