26 August 2008

TMI Tuesday - When you wish upon a star edition

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

What is the one thing you would change about your body?

If I call it a "body lift" does it count as just one thing? Having lived many years of my life in the 300 lb range, and having lost (and maintained) a weight loss of over 100 lbs, I have some seriously stretched skin that at 44 years old, has lost much of it's elasticity. I know ... not the most appealing thought, but you (or TMI at least) asked!


What is the one personality trait you would change?

My fear of being less than perfect. There are many things I simply refuse to do because I know I won't do them "near perfectly" the first time. If I think it's likely that I am going to fail, I usually don't try at all. Unfortunately, I'm not always good at gauging when I'll fail and when I'll succeed, and my guess is that I've missed out on a TON of opportunities to succeed!

What is the one thing about your job you would change?

The gossip. I work for the largest employer (about 200 employees locally, 2000 nationally) in my small town of 3500 people. Most of my co-workers also live in my town. There are just too many people who I have to spend too much time with.

What is the one thing about your home you would change?

Its size - yes, size does matter! But I wouldn't make it bigger I'd make it smaller. It is much too pretentious for my sensibilities.

What is the one thing about your Significant Other you would change?

I only get one? Then let's make it a doosey! I'd take away his narcissistic (as I see them) tendencies.

Who is the one person you would poof out of your life and why?

Hmmmm ... I'm not sure I would *poof* anyone out! My philosophy is that there is something to learn from everyone we come in contact with, whether we "like" them or not. Even thinking beyond people I know, I'd still keep them all!

Who is the one person you would poof back in and why?

Another tricky one ... and again a similar answer. Whether they are in my life, or out of my life, their presence (or lack there of) is an opportunity to grow as an individual.

That being said, I'd really like to be able to get my son's father's medical history, so I'd *poof* him alive just long enough to get my hands on that!


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

15 comments:

Baby said...

Great answers - can relate so much too your answers in number 1!!! Happy TMI

Anonymous said...

Good answers. I hope your coworkers never discover your blog. Imagine the gossip they'd have over this. LOL

Same thing in my world. It's a small town. I'd rather no one local read mine. ;)

I can't imagine wishing for a smaller house. LOL

Anonymous said...

Can I have the *POOF* that you're not using then??

As American as Apple Pie said...

Even in a town of 30,000, there are still too many people who hear/talk/listen to everything. Hence my vagueness at times and why I don't think I can to HNT, even though I REALLY want to.

Dana said...

Baby, I only wish that I'd lost the weight 15 years ago - I might have had a fighting chance at looking "normal"

FF, can you imagine the talk if anyone in town found my blog?? Let me tell you, if you had far more house than you needed AND were the one responsible for keeping it clean, you'd know exactly how I feel!

Slick, handing over the *POOF* for your use!

Jay said...

The biggest downside to living in a small town is all the gossip. Everybody knows everybody's business.

I can't think of anyone I would *poof* out of my life, but I can think of many people I would like to *poof* back into my life.

Liz Hill said...

Like American said--my 'town' is over 260,000 yet it feels as if everyone knows your business.

Ashly Star said...

If you don't mind me asking, how did you manage to lose the weight? If you don't want to talk about it, feel free to tell me to mind my own business. =D And congrats for doing it, even if it wasn't "15 years ago" -better later than you'd like than never.

Gossip! Oh I wish I would have thought to change the gossip/drama factor. Working with 18/19 year olds and mostly young to mid 20-somethings... there's always far too much of it. Especially of the who-slept-with-who and who-got-drunk-and-made-out-with-whos-bf/gf variety. It makes me a little nuts at times. Add in all the customers that come in and know the workers and aye. =)

Love your answers this week! Happy tmi.

Neil Benson said...

I must be missing something in the pictures because you look pretty good in them. :)

Self perfection is a perpetual curse.

captain corky said...

I'm glad that I don't really have to see the people I work with outside of work. It's unfortunate enough that I'm going to have see their same ugly faces for the next 25 years or so. ;)

Karen said...

I would love a "poof" button. And work place gossip. THE WORST.

buffalodick said...

Good answers!

Knight said...

My boyfriend told me he used to be overweight and now he has body issues with stretched skin. I don't even see it but it really bothers him. I love his skin. I think it's perfect. From what you have showed us of yours I think it's safe to say you have beautiful perfect skin as well.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I am expecting some loose skin soon as I am losing some weight...BUT at the same time, building the muscles I left behind years ago

I love your TMI posts BTW

Vixen said...

Gossip and a small town.....BLECH.

Love your answers chickie! xo