14 August 2008

Road Trip Part IV

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Finally! I never thought I'd say it but THANK GOODNESS FOR STARBUCKS! Seems a Venti Skinny Vanilla Latte (no foam) and the purchase of a $5 Starbucks card gets you a dependable wifi connection for 2 hours!!

This is another long vlog - just short of 10 minutes - the final miles of our trip to Spokane. It's been interesting, eye-opening and contemplative. I hope to give you more on our return trip - we'll be taking the southern route home, so a little different perspective.

My only complaint regarding this trip? The more I expand my options the more I expand my options. Sometimes, limiting possibilities allows you to think less about the possibilities.

Yes, I too, think my brain has gone on a road trip!






~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

11 comments:

As American as Apple Pie said...

Good to "see" you! You look pretty good in the morning...I'm jealous. Can't wait to hear the stories of the fam and the rest of the trip back.

Safe driving!

As American as Apple Pie said...

Oh yeah, call me if you're bored and need someone to talk to.

Knight said...

I suddenly remember visiting Idaho and how beautiful it was. We couldn't find a potato anywhere.

I want to hear more stories about the family!

Osbasso said...

Have Cam take more video of Lake CDA on the way back. Damn, I miss that part of the country!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Dang.... Why don't I visit you while home in the morning...just out of bed and neked...so I can see the videos...OH well

cat said...

Glad to hear you and Cam are having such a great time. Enjoy!

Also, that you have both made it safe and sound.

justsomeguy said...

I could hear the squirrels "barking" at you while you were near the shrubs.
Hopefully the return trip will be equally if not more fun than the trip out was. Be safe!

katherine. said...

I thought the bread tree was a hoot!

captain corky said...

Beautiful country!

M said...

Loved the scenery.

I caught the part about taking the southern route back. You may be headed near the boondocks.

Brian Gardes said...

glad all is well with you. The only problem with bread trees: if the birds and squirrels don't eat all the bread, you get mice and rats. Yay vermin!

Gatherings as you have described are the number one reason why I avoid the vast majority of my family. I have a 94 year old grandmother that I see and call, and that is about it. I like Emmy's family, but after a day or so, I'm done. Kudos to you for making it that long!!!

And here I was hoping for a HNT vlog edition. Maybe another time!