16 August 2008

Road Trip Part V

This is going to be a quickie today because I feel like I had a head-on collision with a semi-truck last night!

Cam and I made our way back to Helena yesterday. We had such a good time with Os on the way to Spokane that we decided to spend a little time with him again on the way home. We got into town at about 6PM, Os picked us up at 6:30 and took us to a Helena Brewers baseball game. We picked up our first beer before getting our seats. That was beginning of my idiotic plan to prove what a burly broad I am!

NOTE TO SELF: It's never a good idea to prove that you can drink beer for beer with anyone - especially Os - on the night before a long road trip.

Many beers and a bag of peanuts later, we head to Howard's for pizza and ... yes ... more beer. The pizza was fabulous - greasy sausage, pepperoni and cheese on a perfect crust - and the beer was cold and a tasty side dish. Cam was busy trying to win a stuffed animal from one of the arcade games and ended up with a Playboy Bunny ball cap and a Powerpuff Girl. I just hope those weren't what he was trying to win.

Although I successfully proved my burly broad status, and had a really great time, it was not without a price. My head hurts and my stomach is reminding me that it doesn't appreciate my indulgence. This should be an interesting drive today.

I do have another vlog for you, but YouTube isn't cooperating this morning. I'll try to upload it again when we get somewhere tonight. I thought we were going to take the southern route home, but Cam has decided he wants to go see the house we lived in while we were in Minnesota, so we'll take the northern route instead.

ARGH! Anyone have any aspirin???

14 comments:

katherine. said...

I'm so proud of you burly girl!

katherine. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jay said...

Ok, so you've gain my respect in the beer wars, but someday when we get to meet I will se how you do in the tequila shots war. ;-)

Drive safely.

Osbasso said...

She IS a burly broad. (and she paid for most of the beer, too!)

Biscuit said...

You looked like you were having fun :)

Knight said...

Uh....what is Cam going to do with that Playboy Bunny Cap?

Knight said...

Wait, no, I got distracted by the cap. What I mean is, what is he going to do with the Powerpuff Girl? Obviously I know what he will do with the cap.

none said...

BC powder before bed! I hate hangovers.

Jeff B said...

It always sounds like such a good idea the night before.

buffalodick said...

Ball park beer only tastes good with a real ball game in front of it...

Brian Gardes said...

Ugh. My days of beer busts and greasy pizza are over. I hate to say it, but the recovery time is creeping up on twice the amount of time it took me to get in the intoxicated state in the first place. I just don't bounce back like I used to. Hats off to you for not only going for it, but for hitting the road the next day!

Apple Hubby said...

Homeopathic Remedy called Nux Vomica works well for over indulgences.

Of course, there's always "If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch"

That's why I am usually on the porch

Lu' said...

his is such a great thing for you and Cam to do together Dana. I hope realizes just how lucky he is.

Unknown said...

Oh no! You poor thing, but at least it was getting that way, right?