21 April 2009

TMI Tuesday #183

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

TMI Tuesday

1. Marriage and children aside, what has been your greatest accomplishment in life?

Hmmmm ... making it to my 44th birthday? Getting my Expert Field Medical Badge while stationed in Korea? Finally completing my Bachelor's Degree at 42? Mastering walking and chewing gum at the same time? Wait ... scratch that one ... still working on it!

I'm not special - I am well aware of that - we all set goals and strive towards those goals. When I start measuring my accomplishments against those whose accomplishments I admire, I fall way short, but these were all significant in my life.

2. Aside from healthy and happy children, what is your greatest ambition for the future?

Mastering walking and chewing gum at the same time! OK ... my ambitions really are a bit higher than that.

This sounds really corny, but I want to make a difference in the lives of the "invisible" people - homeless, children in foster care, possibly even prison inmates, using that degree I mentioned in question #1. I'm currently working towards that goal and am actually hoping it turns into a full-time position.

3. If we were to enter your real name in a search engine, what would we find?

Well, I hadn't done that for a while and now am a bit paranoid. In the past, I've noticed a few lurkers from my home town and wasn't too concerned (it's a BIG home town) - until I Googled my maiden name and discovered my blog listed on a high school alumni website. Oops! So, those of you who KNOW me, found me there and never leave comments, fess up!

The other stuff was stuff I knew about - my Facebook page - some articles I wrote for a single moms website - things you'd expect to find.

4. Who is the most famous person you ever met (not just in the same room as, but actually spoke with)?

I'm not much in to famous people. I don't follow celebrities or sports figures. In fact, I have a rather odd view of famous people - that they are no more special than any of us - that their gifts just put them in the public eye more.

Likely due to that attitude, I don't usually find myself in places where I have the opportunity to meet famous people. I thought and thought on this one and the only one I could come up with was back when I was 5 years old. Most of you won't even know who this is, but a few of you might. I met J.P. Patches and Gertrude. In fact, I was actually on their show!

I have no doubt this is the single cause of my life-long inability to be in the same room as a clown!

5. Parents aside, who is your biggest hero?

Mr. Elsworth - my 6th grade teacher. That year of my life was one of my most difficult as a child. Mr. Elsworth praised me, recognized my strengths and was the first positive male role model I ever had in my life.

As a side note, just a few years ago I sent him an email. He was still at the same elementary school and was in his last year of teaching before retirement. He claimed to remember me (not so sure that was true), but that wasn't my reason for writing to him - my reason for writing to him was to let him know what a significant difference he made in my life.

6. Someone once worked out the sexual version of Six Degrees of Separation - Celebrity A slept with B, who slept with C, who slept with D, making as sort of connection between A and D. Are you connected to anyone famous through six or fewer bonks?

I would say, based entirely on statistical probability, that is extremely likely. And that's all I'm saying about that!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

13 comments:

Schmoop said...

Clowns are frickin' creepy. Cheers!!

Jay said...

Your ambitions are worthy goals. I used to be quite ambitious. Lately just getting through the day is enough for me. haha

I don't worship celebrities and I think it's best not to meet any. They usually disappoint. I'm pretty sure that there are only a few of them out there who are anywhere near as cool as they seem.

The bonus question is interesting. If you think about it you can probably find that you are connected to someone sexually that you'd rather not be connected to. So, I'm not going to do it.

Okay, actually I'm going to be thinking about it all day. ;-)

Real Live Lesbian said...

#6....it's ME, isn't it? lol

buffalodick said...

I can handle clowns- I was in sales for over 30 years! Mimes, however....

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I love clowns...sheesh

I loved loved loved your answer to #5 and you made me smile when you said you jsut wanted him to know he made a difference...that is a tremendous thing you did Dana.

Unknown said...

I guess it amazes me that you don't think you are special. I mean, I thought EVERYONE knew you were special! You are so freaking intelligent, sometimes I'm afraid I'm going to sound stupid commenting no matter what I say!

I never thought about being connected to someone sexually. I'm not that lucky! LOL

Dana said...

Matt-Man, anything/anyone who tries to hide their face with a mask or makeup (Tammy Faye Baker comes to mind) is creepy!

Jay, I'm thinking celebrities are very much like us, just on a grander scale. So, have you figured out who you had sex with that you really didn't have sex with yet?

Real Live Lesbian, well, I did have a dream about you this weekend, does that count?

Dana said...

buff, *gigglesnort* That was a good one!

Bond, no one loves clowns! And I was just glad that I looked for Mr. Elsworth when I did. Had I waited a few more months, he'd have been much harder to find!

Bina, Albert Einstein was special. Thomas Jefferson was special. I'm just out here flapping like everyone else!

Osbasso said...

I thought about the whole direction the Six Degrees would take with my history. Kept ending up back with Kevin Bacon...

we're doomed said...

I ended up with Mae West, with my six degrees. LOL

Vixen said...

Hey! *I* think you are special. I think that is quite arguable. I certainly admire you. :)

Great answers. Difficult questions but I have *loved* reading the answers to them this week.

Evening said...

I think your ambitions and acomplishments are awesome. I admire you greatly. You have a big heart, I think it is wonderful that you want to help the invisible. I hope it turns into a full time job for you too.

I have a little award for you over at my place.

rage said...

Your answer to 1 just gave me inspiration to go back to college. You go girl and thank you! Now, I just have to find a way to pay for it since I am already paying out of my rear end for student loans. Eeeep!