14 April 2009

Half-Posts

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Do you ever get a bunch of half-posts going through your head? You know, you've bookmarked this website, saved this article, for when you are inspired to write about them? I've got so many of those cluttering my brain they are taking up all of my thinking space. It's times like these when bullets are for more than killing Somali Pirates ...

  • Should I care what kind of dog the Obama's are getting? That they said they'd get one from a shelter but instead took the pure bread the Kennedey's were offering? Apparently I should because people are up in arms about the first family acquisition of Bo. Seems this was the promise they are going to hold the President accountable for. Glad someone is looking out for the best interests of the country!
  • Since we are on the subject of animals, should I be outraged that someone hung a goat head from a rope on the statue of Harry Caray outside Wrigley Field? Cubs fans are a superstitious bunch - there is this legend of the Billy Goat Curse - cast upon the Cubs by a tavern owner who bought a box seat for his goat as a promotional gimmick and was ordered to remove the goat from the stadium. Seems Cubs fans want to do everything they can to end the curse - good thing we have butchers who use the rest of the meat!
  • If you are more interested in the economy than you are about baseball, what is wrong with you?? Wait ... that wasn't my point ... my point is that I found this handy-dandy guide to the bailout acronym soup. Have you been wondering what TARP, PPIP and MMIFF are? Well, I had and considered writing a post on those. Yes, I am weird intellectual like that.
  • I considered a blog post about blog posts. MSNBC recently did an article titled, Dear Bloggy: Digital diaries tell all. Sure, it was an interesting article, but it wasn't anything to (digitally) write home about. Ho-hummmm ....
  • I even had a moment of insanity where I considered vlogging the TMI Tuesday questions. They were all about dance. Fortunately, I had a flashback to the interpretive dance portion of my 8th grade PE class (anyone remember Come Sail Away by Styx?) and realized I'd be the laughing stock of the blogsphere ... again!

See? Those are the things that keep me awake at night. Sure, I could be using my time more effectively, but what fun would that be?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

26 comments:

Hubman said...

I do remember Come Sail Away! Yikes...

Someone hung a goat head from Caray's statue? That's great! I love it.

Schmoop said...

Ugh...Styx...Other than Tommy Shaw, they blew. Cheers!!

Leonhart said...

This is a half-comment.

Another Suburban Mom said...

I remember come sail away as well. I guess we are dating ourselves.

The vlog would have been fun though, especially if you were topless.

Karen said...

I have a zillion half posts in my head. This was a good way to deal with them. Um, goat head. Alright. Whatever gets the Cubs to win, right?

And to be honest I couldn't care less about Bo. I am not a pet person or an Obama person so this fails on both accounts. But, for what it is worth, it is a cute furry/shedding, noisy, pooping, chewing, yapping thing. I hope it doesn't pee in the Lincoln bedroom or somehting. ;-)

Christo Gonzales said...

lets see - in reference to yesterday - yes it would be like me complaining about all the people in NYC - and STYX - I might pay to see that...

Unknown said...

I "sorta" talked about this in my post. I have SO much stuff in my head to blog about, and then I get here, and nothing. Blank. I need to carry a little note book to make myself notes on stuff. My blog makes me sound so boring and I'm really not. Just ask my friend Beth! She used to live her life through me, and man did we have fun! LOL

Okay, no, I do not care at all, one little bit, where the Obama's got their dog. As long as the show it discipline, exercise and affection (in the words of my hero Ceasar Milan).

Goat's head? Don't really care.

Stimulus stuff? I really do try to care, but I get so confused. Maybe that web site will help. I'm not good with money, unless it comes to spending it!

"Come Sail Away" is one of my all-time favorite songs. EVER!

Dana said...

Hubman, yes ... 2:40 in the morning the cops were called to fetch the goat head! They are considering it nothing more than a prank - not some satanic cult ritual - although I often think Cubs fans are a satanic cult!

Matt-Man, but what wonderful interpretive dance material they were!

Leonhart, *gigglesnort*

Dana said...

ASM, except for the fact that you likely remember it from KINDERGARTEN!! And I might have gotten a better grade on my interpretive dance in 8th grade had I been topless - I did have a male PE teacher that was HAWT!

Karen, I actually have an email folder, and a folder in my bookmarks, labeled "To Blog" They were taking over my hard drive!

DB, I'm hoping you would pay to see STYX - not my interpretive dance - although the latter might keep you laughing hysterically for months.

Dana said...

Bina, I cannot believe you admitted that "Come Sail Away" is one of your all-time favorite songs. I feel such shame for you *wink*

Real Live Lesbian said...

I can't believe you've stuck that song in my head TODAY!!!! lol

Thanks for the ear worm.

Wanna go to the circus with me? ;)

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

they took a dog that would have ended up in a shelter it appears, so why worry...

Thanks for the ear -worm...I owe you

Jay said...

The stories about the new O-Dog don't piss me off. The stories about people being pissed off about the new O-Dog DO piss me off though.

Silly bitching from silly people.


Goat head? Not only are Cubs fans insufferable bores, they're bat-shit crazy. ;-)

none said...

The dog thing is about the 77th campaign trail promise broken by this administration.

I guess he's burning his bridges with the animal activists too.

Jinxo56 said...

As a die-hard Cubs fan I can assure you we are not a satanic cult. There is nothing satanic about us. As for the goat, it was probably from a White Sox fan.

I know what you mean about so many posts floating around in my head. It is a good thing my head is empty so there is plenty of room there.

For the record, I like Styx.

Lu' said...

I think you did a good job with you half posts and now you can consider them full post.

buffalodick said...

South Park cartoon.. one episode was this one kid couldn't hear the first line of that song without singing the whole song... funny stuff!

we're doomed said...

Posts? Floating? Cluttering? Sounds like potentially true genius to me.

Anonymous said...

I loved this half post. You covered so much in one post.. But yeah the goat head made me crazy.

I guess because I don't do that superstitions thingie..

I am ready for another VLOG from you I enjoyed you and Cam on the go!

Ne.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Volly said...

Yes, self-censorship is a major handicap to increasing the number of posts. I did a major vent Sunday night about taxes, my husband and me, then deleted the whole thing because it sounded too damn whiny. I really felt much better after I took it all down.

When in doubt, I just use my offline diary, which is HUGE. It goes back to somewhere in the early 1990s, with many years still stored on FLOPPIES.

Hmm. That's an idea. I could open up those journals and just post the most entertaining snippets.

Thanks for fueling an idea, Dana!

Vixen said...

*blush* I like "Come Sail Away" too. LOL

The funny thing about the Obama's dog is that it's a Portuguese Water Dog and my sisters family was going to get one, until Obama announced he was getting one. They didn't want to have a breed of dog that most likely everyone would run out to buy. Doh.

Oh. And lord....you should see my list of drafts- same thing as you, links, thoughts jotted down, etc. :)

Jormengrund said...

So many things to blog about, and so little time..

You know, even a few well-intentioned words can set off a serious conversation at times..

Don't believe me? Just make a simple statement about your opinion on the greatest song recorded for all time...

You'll get a nice long debate going on that one!

Great post Dana!

Anonymous said...

That goat curse sounds awesome, I wonder if it works on ex-husbands?

Brian Gardes said...

I would have paid good money to see you vlog the TMI questions!

rage said...

I can't believe people are making such a big deal about what dog the president and vice president are getting, where they are getting it from, whether or not it's a pure bred, etc....there are so many more important things to worry about in this world.

Like what Michelle Obama is wearing...NOT!!!