24 April 2009

Friday Wrap-Up

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Has anyone noticed that - just as he said he would - Obama is pulling troops out of Iraq?

Have you also noticed that he's putting them in Afghanistan? Funny how a campaign promise can look different through a bit of selective omission, or slanted news coverage, isn't it?

~*~*~*~*~


For those of you not Twittering, I thought I'd post the latest from the wonderful world of the workplace (also known as W^3). Seems the president of my company was walking out to his car on Monday and found 4 wrappers from bite-sized snickers bars left in a pile on the top of one of the display cases in the lobby. Clearly, these were left maliciously and we employees are all pigs, so Tuesday he sent out the lovely memo displayed above (click to big).

Over-react much?

~*~*~*~*~

I like awards, especially ones that make me feel good. And this one? It made me feel good because of who it came from and what she said.

Evening is an amazing woman. Seriously. I first met her through HNT, but now I actually read her blog *giggle* She is who she is and makes no apologies, nor should she. She is beautiful, intelligent and someone I look up to for her take charge attitude.

There are rules with this award, as there always are, but I'm going to actually abide by the rules this time *gasp* The rules are:

List 5 sexy things about yourself and pass it on to 4 other people.

I'm having second thoughts on those rules ... can I skip the first part and just do the last part? No? OK, this is probably a good exercise for me if nothing else. Y'all have no idea how difficult this is ...

I am sexy because ...

  • I am comfortable and self-assured in most any situation, or at least able to fake my way through it so that no one knows I'm not.
  • In conversation, I don't have to speak loud, interrupt or sling mud to be heard, and I willingly and articulately speak my mind.
  • I am genuinely interested in new information - always open to knowledge, even if there is little chance that I'll never use it.
  • I am able to stand on my own, but respect the potentially fragile egos of the men (and women) in my life.
  • I have expressive eyes.

Whew! That was the hard part! Now comes the less hard part. I don't usually hand out these awards because I'm always concerned that someone will feel left out. I know the feeling of being the last one on the blog awards list - to feel like you are only being mentioned because everyone else in your blog reading circle has already been given the award. Been there - done that - got the last of the blog awards to prove it!

So please, no one be offended if I don't mention you, M-Kay? It's not personal, I just can't list the 92 blogs on my reader!

And those of you getting an award? If this isn't your thing - if you'd rather not do anything with it - don't! I promise not to take that personally. Got it? Good!

In no particular order, I give the sexy blogger award to ...

Jay (aka Cynical Bastard). I'm sorry - does anything say sexy more than a viking helmet? Need I say more? Well, just a bit. Jay has this way of making EVERYONE feel special, and that is sexy ... or stalking ... one or the other ...

13 messages. Part of the HNT crowd that has become a regular read for me. 13 messages does some amazing HNT's - not the "Here is my cock penis, look!" kind of HNT's (sorry guys - most of you do that) but artistic, truly sensual HNT's ... and he can write too! That's sexy.

Real Live Lesbian. A true southern girl (what is it about you southern girls that is so damn sexy?). Beautiful, articulate and a heart that is so big everyone gets a bit of it and there are still leftovers. Yes, most definitely sexy.

Biscuit. Another of the HNT crowd and also one who physically defines sexy, but she is so much more than that (which is saying a lot). She's honest, passionate about those things close to her heart, and intelligent. Truly a complete, sexy package!

~*~*~*~*~

Found the following comment on my Saturday 9 post:

I saw the clip of Jay Leno doing his Susan Boyle impersonation this weekend and I have to say it really did remind me of you and I could see the resemblence. (spelling left as is for effect!)


Now, being that I confessed on Saturday that I was extremely self-conscious of my chin, you might think that comment was mean and insensitive, and I'm guessing that is how it was intended, but you know what? It had quite the opposite effect.

My response:

This was - by far - one of the most creative comments you've ever made! It actually made me laugh out loud!

Thank you! Seriously - this made me realize just how silly it was to hold on to that remark made oh-so-long ago!

Don't you just hate it when you are trying to cut someone down - make them feel terrible about their confessed insecurities - and they aren't even insulted?

*EDIT* Found a pic of my look-alike. Hmmm ... I can see now how someone could mistake us for one another *gigglesnort*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~





27 comments:

we're doomed said...

Good choices on the awards, Dana.

Lu' said...

Maybe the person that left the candy wrappers laying about also has them laying about their house too.

Hubman said...

Congrats on the Sexy blogger award- you certainly are deserving!

Co Prez have a little time on his hands? Yikes!

[BTW, as far as I can recall, I've shown my junk on HNT only once, and that was a click-thru!]

Beth said...

O-Man has to send troops to Afghanistan. Our debt to China and our dependence on foreign oil are our two biggest national security concerns, and number three...?

Pakistan...An unstable, Taliban infested country with nukes is frickin' dangerous to not only us, but the world as well. Cheers!!

Beth said...

Ha...That comment was from me, Matt-Man. I forgot to sign Schmoop out. This blog co-authoring shit is a pain in the ass that way. Cheers!!

Real Live Lesbian said...

Wow, Matt-Man is lookin' HAWT!

Awww...shucks, Dana. And you haven't even SEEN the dimples in my ass! ;)

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Excellent choices for the award...and as I always say, if you ignore a bully they get bored easily and slither away

katherine. said...

matt or schmoop or whoever is right...we are gonna be sending some troops to Pakistan.

The candy wrapper thing is kinda interesting...

You are a sexy blogger...well deserved...

Vixen said...

LOL @ the note from your boss. Doh.

I loved your list of sexy things about you. Very well done. That is the really hard part.

And I really loved who you chose, 13 messages is one of the few guys whose HNT I look forward to visiting. :)

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I love the note about the candy wrappers. I think someone forgot his Midol that day!

And I always say you haven't arrived in blogland until you have a troll, so congrats! :-)

Dana said...

doomed, I thought they were good choices - a mixture of all that is sexy in the world!

Lu', I'm thinking the wrappers were left quite unintentionally and that the company president's mass punishing for the faults of one method is going to bite him in the ass.

Hubman, No ... you, like 13 messages, are an exception. Let's just say many are a bit more "in-your-face ... or at least would like to be *giggle*

Jay said...

Obama said during the campaign that he would increase troop levels in Afghanistan over and over again. I'm a little surprised that so many people are trying to claim that the troop increases there are somehow a surprise or a broken campaign promise.

Anyway, drawing down troops in Iraq and sending more troops to Afghanistan was "Promise #134":
http://tinyurl.com/ckx4do

Sexy? Me? Awwww ... You're just too sweet.

There are LOTS of things about you that make you sexy!

I'll have to think about who to pass this on to. I stopped doing blog awards a long time ago because someone got all whiny and crybaby on me when they didn't get one so I said fuck it. But, I might pass this one on to a couple of people. We'll see. You know how I hate hurting people's feelings. ;-)

Dana said...

Matt-Man, you just wanted to try to get me all excited thinking Schmoop was visiting, didn't you?!

I agree, Obama *had* to send troops to Afghanistan, but much of his campaigning (or at least the sound bites we got) focused on removing troops from Iraq. I've just come across quite a few folks who seemed to think that meant we were not going to have a military presence anywhere in the middle east.

Real Live Lesbian, I look forward to seeing those dimples on your ass ... TEASE!

Dana said...

katherine, Oh! I have no doubt our presence in the Middle East will be ongoing, and likely elevated in the near future.

Vixen, that list of sexy things was really, REALLY difficult to do! I sometimes get stuck in thinking sexy is just physical and forget that survey after survey indicates that men really do find the "inner woman" far more sexy than the wrapping!

Evil Twin's Wife, well CRAP! Now that you've left a comment I'm going to have to quit lurking over at your house, aren't I? Thanks for stopping by!

M said...

Memos like that make me never want to leave the happy little cocoon that is my place of employment.

snugs said...

Funny how you and doggy are both so anal about spelling. Did you see Jay Leno dressed as Susan Boyle? It was hysterical and seeing him as a female really did look like you, you can take it however you like. I am glad to have been able to help you get over one of your insecurities.

13messages said...

You've placed me among some very good company. I'm glad you like what I post. Thanks.

Eathan said...

Obama is moving some of the troops. Alot are coming home. Ft Hood is filling up every month. Which means they are coming back.

g-man said...

Congrats on the award!! You are sexy! (and funny and smart and passionate)

Ha. Candy wrappers, it is one of my pet peeves.

Dana said...

M, there is a lot to be said for the value of an appreciative work environment!

snugs, anal about spelling? Nahhhh ... just appreciative of the proper use of the English language. I even added a picture so that everyone could see the amazing resemblance *rolls eyes* But it did make me laugh!

13messages, you are quite deserving of finding yourself amidst that company!

Dana said...

Eathan, don't hold your breath - they won't be home long! They may be coming back to Ft. Hood, but trust me, they are deploying just as quickly from somewhere else.

g-man, thank you *blushes* And those candy wrappers? Had this been an ongoing issue, I might have understood the company wide memo, but for one instance? Pick up the damn wrappers and be grateful that is your biggest concern in today's economy!

snugs said...

I saw that, just paint his/her lips red and add a white chocolate covered strawberry and it's your mouth too.

Dana said...

snugs, Yep! Identical! Wow!! That is truly amazing. I wonder if Jay Leno knows he looks like me? He might be offended!

Volly said...

I love the memo from the boss. When will they learn that when you treat adult employees like children, it WILL come back to bite you?

Last place I worked, someone was caught taking packets of hot cocoa mix home to the kids. Naturally, the calm, reasoned reaction was to FORBID employees from taking anything out of the break room. If you wanted to stir your coffee, for example, you had to stir it in the break room and throw the stirrer out in the break room. This is the same place that made it a rule to remove your coat at your desk BEFORE clocking in. Rationale: if you're still in your coat, you may have arrived at work on time but you're not really WORKING now, are you?

The pay and bennies were good, but I'm still so glad to be 3 years outa that place. I showed them my kindergarten graduation photo, but it did me no good... :(

Kimberly said...

Great reply to that comment! Brilliant!

Unknown said...

I love your list of reasons you are sexy. You are so intelligent. Sometimes I don't feel worthy of reading your blog! ;-)

I thought the SAME thing when I heard about Obama. I told my husband that usually America attacks presidents because of the lies they tell. Well, Obama didn't tell a lie, he just didn't fill us in the REAL story. I'm not sure what pisses me off more to be honest.

Biscuit said...

Wow! Thank you! This is what I miss when I have no time for fun! Do I really have to do that first part??? It made my tummy do flip flops just to thing about it.