03 April 2009

Friday Wrap-Up

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I saw something in my son this week that I haven’t seen in quite some time – PRIDE! When I got home from work on Monday, he couldn’t wait to tell me about his day. Seems just about every one of his classes had a paper due, or a test given, right before spring break. He had gotten back all of the scores and there was nothing below a B. He even scored a 96% on his Social Studies test – a class he really struggles with. It was good to see him excited about school, and about himself.

In that moment, the apprehension and fear that overwhelmed me when deciding whether he should be on meds for his ADHD evaporated. We are still tweaking the dosage, but there is definitely progress.

~*~*~*~*~

Wednesday morning conversation with my company’s CEO as I held the door open for him:

Me: Good Morning! I just can’t seem to let a door shut when someone is just seconds away from walking in behind me.

CEO: (serious tone) That’s a bad habit. We need to toughen you up!

Me: (sarcastically) Yes, what would this world come to if we all started looking out for other people rather than ourselves all of the time.

CEO: (in astonishment) Well, I can tell you one thing. You’ll never get ahead in life looking out for other people.

Interesting ... something tells me I need to soften him up!

~*~*~*~*~

SAGINAW, Mich. - A man police caught performing a sex act with a car wash vacuum has been sentenced to 90 days in prison.

Police say Jason Leroy Savage was arrested after a resident called officers early on Oct. 16 to report suspicious activity at a car wash in Thomas Township, about 90 miles northwest of Detroit.


Ummm … dude? Go to Sears and buy yourself a Craftsman wet/dry vac. That way you can experience the joys of high powered suction in your own home AND take advantage of that Craftsman life-time warranty! Of course, your neighbors might wonder why you vacuum every night … for hours … and why you named your vacuum Sucking Suzy, but still! It’s much better than actually having to appear in court to plead “no contest” to indecent exposure. I'm pretty sure that wasn't the idea behind a “self-serve” car wash!

~*~*~*~*~

I’ve started planning the summer vacation schedule. It looks like we’ll be heading to southern Texas mid-June for my niece's graduation. Not sure what kind of free time I'll have, but I might be able to carve out an hour or two for a local excursion.

I’ve also got eastern Washington on the agenda again this summer in either late July or early August. It will just be me and Cam again, but I think this time we’ll fly. Of course I’ll rent a car while there and hopefully make a side trip or two. I’m guessing grandma would love to spend some one-on-one time with her only favorite grandson!

Anyone in either of those areas wanting to confirm my 6’ stature and overall good nature? It’s been a while since I’ve met up with any bloggers and I’m feeling the itch. Not that itch you ninnies, although it has been quite some time since it's been scratched by anyone but me!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

22 comments:

captain corky said...

Glad to hear that Cam is doing better. The CEO of your company sounds like a real fucking winner!

we're doomed said...

But an itch none the less.

Another Suburban Mom said...

Glad that Cam is doing well in school. Remember if you are ever in our neck of the woods, stop in and say hello!

Schmoop said...

I bet Vacuum Man would have gotten off but he ran out of quarters. Good for Cam and your CEO is a dick. Cheers!!

Dana said...

Corky, the changes in Cam have been worth the risk of the meds. And my CEO? Yeah ... a "winner" ...

Doomed, yes, an itch that could probably be scratched with a weekend jaunt as well!

ASM, I really do need to get back out east. There was some talk about visiting Maryland, but it's looking like that may have to wait another year.

Dana said...

Matt-Man, fortunately, I work on the financial side of things and the CFO is a much better man, but I'lll still hold the door for the CEO!

Karen said...

That CEO is too funny. Typical business dork. My friends and I have been all over that car wash story. People are strange.

Jormengrund said...

I can so understand your trepadition over medicating Cam.

Isn't it wonderful when you see the payoff, and know that you've made a correct decision, though?

Congrats!

Eastern Washington? What are you headed to see? Grand Coulee Dam, or some such?

I only ask this because I'm sure I could point you in the right direction for some interesting sight-seeing!

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Glad Cam is doing good. To bad you are not coming to Florida...I have lots of room :)

Hubman said...

Your door story reminds me of something that happened the other day. I was walking down a hallway in another building at work, probably 10 feet behind another man. He looks over his shoulder, sees me, then gets to a door and lets it close behind him. I follow through, he turns his head, sees me and says nothing. If I had done that, I certainly would have said "Sorry 'bout that" or something. Hey, sometimes you misjudged door closing speed and distance and you appear rude, you know?

We get to another set of doors, further down the hallway, he does it AGAIN! Now he's just being a pompous jerk.

The worst part? I much as I wanted to say "Hey, thanks for nothing", I couldn't. Dana, you understand the situation O3<05, right?

Glad to hear about Cam!

Dana said...

Karen, actually, he's just a dork!

Jorm, remember, I am from Washington. I'll be visiting family in Spokane - probably won't be doing too much sightseeing as I've seen it all before!

HB&GP, you know, I've only been to Florida once - I need to get back there one of these days!

none said...

Typical boss..one of my last ones had the saying "nice guys pump gas"

The vacuum perv..part of the appeal is doing it in public.

I hope he gets one of those really good ones and it sucks his guts out through his dick hole.

Anonymous said...

Hey there Dana! Glad to hear about Cam doing good on his meds.. Believe it or not I am sure you believe it I am ADD. I was on meds for awhile to help me focus. I am off now but Sometimes during Class I wish I had them again!!

Your boss sounds like a lot of the Really HIGH up corps. That stepped on a lot of people to get where they are.. HOPE he does not FALL to the bottom later! lol

WOOOHOOO! will you be vloging also on your trip???I love the last Vids! Yes Dana, I am YOUR STALKER!! lol

Ne

Real Live Lesbian said...

Yay for Cam~!!

Who knew being nice and getting ahead were mutually exclusive? Ass.

Osbasso said...

Hey, have you ever tried the carwash vacuum???

Yay for Cam!

Side trip, huh? Hmmm...

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

HURRAH for Cam! I know the feeling of 'no medication...nope nope...wow..it works...cool!"

Any questions you want to ask, send me an email

Sucking at the car wash....Oh baby baby!

Well you could maybe swing a tad east on your way south ya know...

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Oh yeah...CEO guy...you are an a**wipe

Dana said...

Hubman, your story reminds me of a time when my 1SG said to me, "You know, you're NOT special," and I so badly wanted to respond, "You know, you're an ass."

Hammer, you just CRACK.ME.UP!

Ne, actually, the company I work for is a privately held, family owned business with about 1200 employees in Canada and the U.S., but it just so happens the CEO is the husband of one of the daughters in the family. I'm certain he had to work REALLY hard to get his position!

Dana said...

RLL, I guess it all depends on how you define getting ahead!

Os, as a matter of fact *I* was smart enough to use the vacuum while laying down in the backseat and no one was ever the wiser! And yes, I'm hoping to make that side trip!

Bond, even husband has commented that he has seen a visible difference and that he was ... are you ready?? WRONG! *gasp*

I'm considering making a southern trip for a long weekend as it looks like I'll be in TX during ConFab. I'm seeing airfare to Nashville in the $100 RT range.

Vixen said...

Good for Cam. That has just got to give you warm fuzzies. :)

I still shake my head at the carwash vacuum guy. I like your idea. I bet that would have cost him less than the court fees too, eh?

buffalodick said...

Since I quit work, the only thing missing is that clenched gut feeling brought on by a boss...

Jay said...

Your CEO is a tool.

Congrats to Cam! Well done sir!