26 December 2007

Enough Already

Back to the senseless blog postings of the days before Christmas!

Not too long ago, there was this upsurge of posting of senior photos on blogs of those who have been out of school for a while *cough*twentyfiveyears*cough*

Odd thing - I don't have a copy of my senior picture - in fact, I'm not even certain anyone in my family has a copy of it, but I did find a wallet size senior prom pic (spring 1982) and have decided to entertain y'all with it. Sorry about the quality, but trust me, you don't need to see the details of this photo!


Just for shits and grins, I Googled my prom date's name in hopes of finding out some wonderful tidbit of information, but it seems he's disapeared off the face of the earth - probably the direct result of finding his own copy of this photo!

15 comments:

buffalodick said...

I'd post my prom pictures, but it was so long ago, we were wearing loincloths and fur.... The band was Oog- just drums, but a good beat!

MrRyanO said...

What, not showing any leg? Booooooo!

Dana said...

Buffalodickdy, you must have been in the graduating class the year before mine. I'm pretty sure 1982 was the first year manufactured clothing was mandatory for senior proms.

RockDog, you clearly have limited memories of early 80's fashion - legs were covered with either leggings or leg warmers. Ahhhh, those were the days!

Leighann said...

Wow.... I was 5 while you were at the Prom :D

Jay said...

I posted my senior picture sometime last year.

I didn't go to my senior prom. I was a very anti-social kid.

Dana said...

Leighann, kiss my ass!

Jay, I'll have to go look up your senior pic. I was quite anti-social in high school as well. Didn't even get a goodnight kiss after the prom!

R.E.H. said...

Aaah... the Prom... I never got to go to the stupid prom!... well, long story...

Memories of the eighties however... plentiful and some joyful... some painful ;)

Leighann said...

With pleasure! :*

captain corky said...

I posted my senior pic on a blog where the host was having a blog prom. It was a really fun post actually.

Schmoop said...

Was there sex that night? Cheers!!

Dana said...

REH, ummm ... sorry ... didn't mean to bring up such painful memories *giggle*

CPT Corky, a blog prom? Really? How cool! I'd like to have do-overs on mine!

Matt-Man, sex? Well, not with him *evil grin*

Real Live Lesbian said...

I'm lovin' those wings and the big assed ruffle around the bottom of your dress!

What I would have done for good wings! And anybody born 10 years after us will have no clue what I mean!

Dana said...

RLL, I actually had to ADD the lower ruffle to the bottom of the dress! At 6' tall, it wasn't easy finding a prom dress that was long enough!

And the wings? Well, it was the only time haveing really straight hair paid off!

Unknown said...

Dana should we gang up and whip Leighann's ass together, she is always cracking on my age too...I have my 20th reunion in 2008...didn't go to prom, I know how sad. And I refuse to ask my mother for a copy of my senior picture, but I may be able to dig up my graduation pictures from 1988.

Christo Gonzales said...

color my world with a stairway to heaven......