14 December 2007

*UPDATE*

There are times when I must admit I am wrong possibly mistaken, and this just might be one of them (how's that for non-committal?).

Reuben called back yesterday afternoon! Yes, a state employee not only kept his word, but did so in a timely manner. Apparently no one is quite sure what this hold is that found its way to my benefit week. Fortunately, Reuben's supervisor has the authority to remove the hold and did so. Funds for the benefit week "should be" deposited to my account on Wednesday.

I talked to Reuben's supervisor and told him what a great job Reuben did. It seems kind of strange to be giving kudos to someone who is DOING THEIR JOB, but it is so rare to get good customer service that I felt I should encourage the behavior.

Do I dare be optimistic?

12 comments:

buffalodick said...

For every 10 ass chewings, a person gets about one "attaboy". I have always tried to compliment or thank anyone in our brave new world that goes above average to do their job!

Schmoop said...

It is nice to hear that you complimented him. Just as Buffalo said, most times people only get feedback when it is negative. Good Luck with the funds and of course, Cheers!!

Leighann said...

Glad to hear you'll be getting your moolah!

Optimistic? That's a DIRTY DIRTY word!

Just Me said...

Hope all works out. That is really a rare thing to have such over the top, go out of their way, customer service.

Now hopfully it will all work out and be there when they say.

R.E.H. said...

Nice that things seem to work out for you.

And, I do believe that it is equally important to hand out the praise when deserved, as much as we all love to do the scolding where that is needed ;)

Real Live Lesbian said...

Yeeehaaaa...bring on the $$$$$!! And yay you for giving him a warm fuzzy! Sweet!

Dana said...

buffalodickdy, I feel very much the same way, in fact, I do my best to always acknowledge great customer service.

Matt-man, I always find it interesting that people seemed surprised when you do compliment them.

Leighann, say it with me ... OP-TI-MIS-TIC! OK, how 'bout expect the best, prepare for the worst?

Dana said...

baseball mom, I'm not holding my breath, but I'd say my chances look a bit better than 50-50 at this point!

r.e.h., the scoldings are much more fun for me, but I'm thinking the praise is much more fun for the person receiving it!

RLL, YeeeHaaa pretty much sums it up!

Jay said...

Cool beans!

Old Ruben is alright! Even if his parents did name him after a sandwich. ;-)

g-man said...

Mmmm ruben, yummy. I digress.

I am never wrong, and if I am it was because I was misinformed. :) Feel free to use that one.

Glad it worked out. I do believe that given your expectations he did exceed them even though he was really just doing his job. It should be encouraged.

Leighann said...

Prepare for the worst, now THAT I understand!

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed, maybe I should take back the inflammatory things I said about all Reubens in your original post...but I really don't like those sandwiches.