19 December 2007

"Holiday Kindness" Blogger Award


Like memes, I haven't really gotten in to blogger awards, but I have to make an exception. I am awarding my very own "Holiday Kindness" blogger award.

As many of you know, I became unemployed in early November. Money has been tight, but we are by no means in dire straights. Yes, I did have to cut back a bit on my gift-giving, but the most important people (the kids) will not feel the pinch of restricted finances.

After receiving the beautiful piece of artwork/jewelry from Real Live Lesbian as part of her blogger game, I asked about purchasing additional pieces for my son and step-daughter for Christmas. She sent me photos, I placed my order, and within days my package arrived.

Here is where the award comes in to play. Not only did RLL send me the two pieces I ordered, but she sent me additional pieces out of the kindness of her heart - because she knew I was going through a bumpy time and she wanted to bring a bit of unexpected holiday cheer.

I wouldn't know RLL if I were to slam into her on the street (although I might enjoy slamming into her on the street *giggle*) and yet she went out of her way to do something special for me - allowing me the opportunity to give one-of-a-kind, beautiful gifts to some people on my list that would not be receiving gifts otherwise.

For this true display of selfless giving, I am awarding RLL my very own "Holiday Kindness" blogger award! Words could never express how much her actions meant to me and how they restored my otherwise cynical view of what the holidays are all about.

Thank you seems somehow not enough - but I hope this "award" somehow conveys my gratitude. It's actions like hers that truly define holiday spirit.

12 comments:

MrRyanO said...

She is clearly a very nice person and this story brightens my holiday grumblings! Of course, the picture was a nice touch as well!

Schmoop said...

That is very nice. And so is that picture, which I will be printing off and giving to myself for Christmas. Cheers Dana!!

Jay said...

RLL is a damn nice person. I was already pretty sure of this, but now I'm absolutely positive.

Dana said...

RockDog, it brightened my holiday grumblings as well - suddenly the little shit just lost its luster!

Matt-man, I always try to give a little something back!

Jay, I would have to agree with you on that one.

g-man said...

Three cheers for RLL!! I think she is a babe too. :) I have one of her pieces too that will adorn my lovely wifes neck. When I described it to friends at work they all sounded intrigued. She should have an e-showing with prices.

buffalodick said...

What a nice thing to do! Both of you!

Dana said...

G-man, I hope, if nothing else, her success in the blog world with these beautiful pieces of art will somehow become more than she thought it could be.

Buffalodickdy, she's awesome!

Unknown said...

RLL is truly deserving of this award in more ways than one....what a great honor you have given her.

Leighann said...

How exciting!

Diva said...

Awww, that's sweet! I found your page by clicking a link at her page. Just reading her blog, I can tell she's a sweetheart!

Real Live Lesbian said...

Oh Dana....you weren't supposed to SHOW anybody that picture of me. That was just for you! Now everybody knows what I look like! hahaha

Seriously, you are so welcome. It was no big deal. Just stuffed extra stuff in there.

Thanks for the award. Now when do I get her? I'm going to have to find a hiding spot that my girl look into!

Dana said...

Sassy Lucy, I can't think of anyone more deserving!

Leighann, what?? The thought of slamming into RLL on the street?? *giggle*

Divalicious, thanks for stopping by! Yes, I would agree!

RLL, you can have her when I'm done with her!