29 January 2010

Friday Wrap-Up

~*~*~

What a week! Fortunately it was one of those that started out really rough (understatement) and got a bit better each day. If I have to choose, I'll take one of those weeks over one that starts out great and gets progressively worse any day!

~*~

I'm considering adding a new member to our family. No, I'm not hoping to be the first woman to give birth to nonuplets (yes, I did have to google that). I MISS MY KITTIES!! Well, specifically Gizmo.

Husband has custody of the cats - all three of them. It made sense for them to stay together, and three of them in the apartment would have been too much, but I do miss them. I posted that thought on Facebook.

*SIDE NOTE* Call me a stuck-up bitch trying to hide part of my life if you want, but seldom do I "friend" people on Facebook who read my blog. If you've asked and I've declined, it's nothing personal, it's just that I use Facebook to keep in touch with extended family and Aunt Vicki in Spokane doesn't need to read all of the gory details of my life.

Lo-and-behold, one of my local friends has TWO cats that need to be re-homed as her new apartment does not allow pets.

Radar and Scooter may become new family members, assuming they are neutered, have their shots up-to-date and are indoor cats. We shall see ...


~*~

One of the posts this week that generated quite a bit of discussion was the Mistakes are Yours to Make post. As is often the case, a few people read far more into that post than was intended, but a few people honestly didn't realize they were making it more difficult for folks to comment on their blogs with word verification - so they changed it. Howard over at In Purple I'm Stunning was one of those people.

But something else came up in his post that made me think. This is not a slam on his commenters, but one did mention there are things about my blog that she doesn't like. Of course there are! Shucks, there are people who stop by here and wonder why the hell I'm even blogging. I'm OK with that.

That said, I have to wonder if there are things I am doing unintentionally (or maybe even on purpose) that annoy you guys. I'm not promising that I'll change anything, but take this as the one and only invitation you'll ever get to BLAST me at will. Seriously!

I won't be responding to any of that input (unless someone is asking for clarification) as it would certainly be defensive, but I am always looking for ways to improve the blog without losing its usefulness to me. Go ahead! Fire away!

~*~

I've been doing a little self-promoting on Fridays, posting my favorite photo from my Project 365 blog for the previous week. I was pretty proud of my pics this week and couldn't limit it to just one, so y'all get to see two of them today!



Hope y'all have a GREAT weekend!

~*~*~

24 comments:

Jay said...

"... but take this as the one and only invitation you'll ever get to BLAST me at will."

Prepare yourself...

Ha! I'm kidding.

Only one complaint. You changed your comment set up to the drop down box. For whatever reason the drop down box doesn't work on my old Mac laptop.

Also, for some reason on my desktop PC, I always have to sign in again when someone uses this comment set up. Even if I've already been commenting on blogs that use the popup and new page style. I don't know why and I'm pretty sure it's only me. But, you asked. ;-)

Dana said...

Jay, that was an easy fix! I've had some issues with the drop-down comment on other blogs - should have figured out people might be having a problem with it here!

Jay said...

Now that's some great customer service! Maybe you should take over customer service dept for my bank? LOL ;-)

Schmoop said...

I've got a complaint...You used the word, "shucks". What's up with that? Oh I see now...

I see the picture of the railroad tracks. You live in Petticoat Junction don't ya? Cheers Dana!!

we're doomed said...

If you were perfect, somebody would have crucified you by now. Our computers have a mouse and a click button. Some people may not understand how easy it is not to visit a blog. Or perhaps you are an alien trying to suck their brain waves out of their head and you are making them click to your blog. I advise those people who don't like your blog to immediately make an aluminum hat and wear it often. QCTM

Just Me said...

I really like those pictures. Hope you get your new members of the family. It is always nice having an animal around.

Doc said...

Have a great weekend Dana...

Karen said...

My complaint is that your pictures are so much better than mine. Seriously, how do you have time to get amazing shots everyday?

Kitties sound like fun.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Great shots...I am noticing more and more people with word verification all of a sudden and it is pi**ing me off to no end

Dana...I like your blog...I like that you are honest and open...DO NOT CHANGE - if someone does not like it there are millions of other blogs for them to read

Anonymous said...

Glad you gave the kitties a home. They add so much to one's life.

Love the pics.

p.s. don't go changing. It's YOUR blog.

Little T said...

I love your honesty. You inspire me to share more of myself and my honest feelings without fear of what others think. Screw 'em if they don't like it. They don't have to come back!

Dana said...

Matt-Man, I could have gone with golly-jeepers and yes, my town does resemble Petticoat Junction!

we're doomed, aluminum hats for everyone!!

Baseball Mom, we may not end up with Scooter and Radar, but we'll definitely grow the family!

Dana said...

Doc, you too!

Karen, what's funny is that I usually spend no more than 10 minutes taking pictures, and the pine cone? It was right outside my front door and the only pic I took!

Bond, I'm wondering if blogger made some change where word verification is the default and folks don't even notice? I'm not talking about changing the content or feel of the blog, but wanting to address usability issues like the one Jay had.

Dana said...

Ashleigh, the kitties aren't here yet, but hopefully (crosses fingers) soon!

Little T, not to worry, the style won't change! I just thought the commenter had a valid point and that I might have some annoying habits that would be worth addressing.

Maggie said...

I have no changes for you. :)

Maybe people read too much into it because you were writing about blogs and almost all of us are bloggers. So it's easy to get offended and think it's about you when it's relatively specific and has to do with something we all participate in.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I love your photography! I hope you get the kitties.... :-)

Vixen said...

Hope to hear good news about the kitties, keep us posted!

You've come a long ways in your photography. Def pimp it! :)

Vixen said...

Oh! And Jay hit the nail on the head, I noticed it too and *thankyou* for changing it back. :)

Jinxo56 said...

Word verification is in the default settings. When I started my blog I didn't know it was there until a friend of mine commented and gave a definition for the "word". I had always intended to look and see where it was, but since my motto is why do today what can be put off until tomorrow, I procrastinated on it.

I have no suggestions for your blog. I like it the way it is.

Jeff B said...

It's all good.

B&W for the train tracks photo was a great choice.

Knight said...

My main problem with this blog is that it's too entertaining. You are always surprising me. Why can't you just blend in like the rest of society?
By the way, the light and texture on the pinecone photo is perfection.
By the way, I HATE word verification but I had to put it on because I was getting constant spam on old posts. It was driving me insane and tarnishing my blog.

Ken said...

You finally left a good enough hint that I was able to google earth into Podunk, Ill. Took a good look around but was only able to be be convinced that it was your little Podunk west of Chicago. Not stalking, just curious seeing as how I'm from New Hampshire. I'm sneeky like that!

rage said...

I guess I don't see all of the issues that everyone else seems to complain about. I must be blind or things that bother others don't bother me.

Real Live Lesbian said...

You are an amazing photographer. And I'll always come around, I am so easy to please! ;)