21 January 2010

Thursday 13


~*~*~


It's that time of the week again ... although I could have sworn it was Saturday when my alarm went off this morning! Yeah ... wishful thinking!

For the most part, I've handled the emotions of the move well, but there are times when I find myself missing THE House and THE Family. Usually, I quickly come to the realization that what I really miss is what I hoped they would be - not what they were. As an exercise in reality, I thought I'd post this list:

~ Thirteen things I DON'T miss about THE House and THE Family ~

1. Cleaning litter boxes. I do miss my three kitties, but I don't miss being the only one who ever did the "dirty work" for them.

2. Scheduling my bath/shower to insure husband had enough hot water for his shower.

3. Walking through the garage and seeing the unfinished 1974 VW Bug project car that was purchased in 2004 and remains unfinished even though over $10,000 has been put into tools and parts to finish it.

4. Hearing the garage door open in the evening and bracing myself for the chaos that would likely ensue if husband had a bad day.

5. Having dinner ready at 7:00PM only to have Husband show up at 9:00PM without so much as a phone call to let me know he was going to be late.

6. Listening to Husband yell at the cats for meowing ... they are cats!

7. Living as a single parent in a two-parent family.

8. Watching Cam go without while Delaney's every whim was satisfied.

9. Hiding my passions because they were usually ridiculed.

10. Being told I was not deserving of Husband's affections.

11. Seeing Cam pick up some of husband's undesirable behaviors and attitudes.

12. Being required to leave the grocery receipt on the counter for examination.

13. Asking Husband for a hug and often times being denied (but I do miss hugs - terribly).

~*~*~

18 comments:

Schmoop said...

Ha. I kinda cringed when you mentioned the sound of the garage door opening. I felt the same way. Cheers Dana!!

Karen said...

Make Cam hug you!

Ken said...

That's to many ...things.
I hope you never have to make a list like that again.

Jinxo56 said...

You should never be denied a hug.

Phfrankie Bondo said...

...Be the hug...

Deech said...

Man, what a list. I am so glad you are outta there!

Dana said...

Matt-Man, the sound of that garage door often changed EVERYTHING.

Karen, Ha! Just try making an almost 14 year old boy hug his mother! He'll hug everyone but me!

Micky-T, yes it is, and what's even more disturbing is that I had to make myself stop at 13!

Dana said...

Howard Bagby, it was my "punishment" when I didn't meet expectations - like forgetting to pick up the dry cleaning.

Phfrankie Bondo, I don't care what anyone says, self-hugging is highly over-rated!

Joker_SATX, me too!

Doc said...

I will join the others and say that I'm glad you are outta there too... I'll give you a long distance hug anytime since you are lacking... *HUG*

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

In the same vein..I hated pulling into the driveway knowing what would ensue...

I love getting hugs now...I missed them before...they will return

The next list should be the 13 things you LOVE about the new arrangement

Anonymous said...

Sounds like better days are ahead then what you left behind... Good for you!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy -- like, truly happy -- that you are out of that place...

What Mickey-T said -- I hope you never have to make a list like that again.

Shiny Rod said...

First! Here's a big {{{HUG}}} for you. You'll find that over time those things will be but a faint memory. I find that what one dishes out, one receives. I hope you are relishing the fact that he will be getting his just deserves. Go ahead, let out a big chuckle. 10K to restore a POS VW but can't muster the time and energy to install a simple tankless water heater so that he can always have hot water for a shower. You don't want me to say what I really think of eh never mind. Not worth the effort it takes. You are really blessed to be out of that situation.

Unknown said...

Great list Dana, and I can relate to a few these from a previous marriage.

And what Bond said? I've heard several men state something similar.

we're doomed said...

Hugs are good.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

{{{Hugs}}}. If I were closer, I'd give you one in person! Any time you feel lonely and start to re-think your current arrangements, read this list! You are so much better off now!

Real Live Lesbian said...

((((hugs)))))

Be the hugger! ;) Don't ask. Just hug. It's easier that way!

rage said...

((hugs))