27 January 2010

A Proclamation of Love?

~*~*~


Awwwww ... isn't that sweet? What could be more romantic than a billboard announcing your undying love of another? It's the stuff little girls dream of ... if they are psychotic, scorned lovers!

What? That's right! These billboards of a "happy couple," displayed in New York, San Francisco and Atlanta, were purchased by YaVaughnie Wilkins, the "other woman" in an 8-1/2 year affair with Charles E. Phillips (co-president of Oracle Corp. and potential successor to Oracle founder and CEO Larry Ellison).

The URL on the billboard? It led curious visitors to a web site containing personal photo albums and love notes from Charles to YaVaughnie.

YaVaughnie isn't speaking directly to the media, but through her cousin claimed the web site was created as a gift for Charles' 50th birthday. YaVaughnie also claims the billboards were not an act of revenge, but rather her way of reclaiming her version of her relationship with Charles.

Really? So the fact that YaVaughnie thought Charles was divorced in 2003, then learned last summer that he was reconciling with his wife had nothing to do with this?

Rumor has it the billboards have since been removed and the web site was no longer active, but my guess is YaVaughnie's mission - acting like a psycho bitch from hell reclaiming her version of her relationship with Charles - was accomplished.

Through a spokesperson, Charles admitted, "I had an 8½-year serious relationship with YaVaughnie Wilkins. My divorce proceedings began in 2008. The relationship with Ms. Wilkins has since ended and we both wish each other well."

I'm sure he means that from the bottom of his YaVaughnie fearing heart ...

So, what do you think? An act of revenge, or a proclamation of love? Tell the truth, haven't you wished you could pull off something like this? Helping karma out just a little bit?

~*~*~

21 comments:

Schmoop said...

HA. Classic. I think there are two paths of Karma going on here. Ol' Chuck's karma led him to get publicly outed as a cheater and...

And the psycho, bunny boiling in a pot, chick?

I think her her karma, will in the future, lead her to some bad things as well.

One of which may be an hour long interview by a decrepit and drooling Larry King.

"Seattle Go Ahead!! You're on with YaVaughnie Nutjob."

Cheers Dana!!

Jeff B said...

He is obviously a letch for having the affair in the first place and she is nothing more than a money grubbing whore wanting to capitalize on the situation.

Sounds like they are made for each other.

I'm sure the book deal is already in the works and the made for TV movie to air on the Oxygen channel will be soon to follow.

Real Live Lesbian said...

What Jeff said. ;)

Unknown said...

100% certain it's revenge. And although psychotic, slightly brilliant as well.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I also thought of bunny stew like Matt...

so men...still interested in that cute little chickie in the corner?

Doc said...

Hell hath no fury....

Karen said...

I think that if you don't want to be humiliated, you should keep your married penis out of women who are not your wife.

He is the wrong one. She deserves an award.

Jinxo56 said...

Definitely an act of revenge, but a deserved one. I do agree with the other comments, they deserved each other.

Anonymous said...

funny thing about karma...you gotta remember it's two way street, which means I bet we hear about this chick again...whoa.

Jay said...

Oh yeah, it's revenge and well played revenge at that. He pretty much is getting what he deserves. She'll move on to some other married guy soon enough though.

Dana said...

Matt-Man, that was my thought too. I can't imagine the price she'll pay for her 48 hours of revenge.

Jeff B, I would have to agree! Neither of them were "right" in any of this.

Real Live Lesbian, so ... are you going to watch the movie on the "O"??

Dana said...

Bina, I admit to having considered all of the mean vengeful things I could do, but brilliant? I don't know ...

Bond, no kidding, huh? I'm thinking she might have a tough time finding a date any time soon!

Doc, which is why whenever cheating, you should ALWAYS make sure the person you are cheating with has at least as much to lose as you do if caught. I'm kidding ... kind of ...

Dana said...

Karen, but shouldn't she take some of the "blame" here? If you do the math, she knew for at least TWO years that she was having an affair with a married man! I think she was just pissed that he wouldn't leave his wife for her.

Howard Bagby, I am so surprised at how many of you are eye-for-an-eye kind of people. I've always thought people will get what they deserve, but it's not my responsibility to decide what that is.

Hope, something tells me these two will be doing the karma tango for many years to come!

Dana said...

Jay, some other married man with an even bigger ego who has convinced himself he's special. We should see his billboard sometime in the near future!

Little T said...

I prefer my revenge a bit more under the radar but definite poits for creativity! LOL;-)

rage said...

Total revenge.

we're doomed said...

What do men fear the most? Impotence? Old age? Death? No! The answer is a psychotic ex girlfriend. LOL

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Definitely revenge and kind of funny, in a way. It's also really psycho behavior. Ugh! What a pair!

Unknown said...

I think this is definitely revenge...I agree with ETW, psycho...yikes!

Karen said...

I am probably wrong, but I don't blame a woman who has an affair with a married man. I blame the man. He is the one who is breaking his vows. She is being stupid and (likely) being used, but even if she knows that he is married, she is not to blame for the affair.

But that is just me. My views on fidelity and cheating are tainted by years of divorce work.

Vixen said...

Ewww....scary. Talk about taking the whole boiled rabbit thing a bit further. Yikes!