07 January 2009

Wednesday Weirdness

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


What do you do when TMI Tuesday gets posted late in the day, after you've already plagiarized panicked and written some other mumbo-jumbo to put in its place? Well, you bore entertain your readers with yet another weekly meme - Wednesday Weirdness!

1. Why do you keep a blog?

Good question! Everyone always asks why people start blogs, but seldom does anyone ask why people keep blogging. In my case there are a few reasons:
  1. It's a wonderful, creative outlet that can change form and function easily
  2. It's been a "safe" social networking tool
  3. I enjoy the positive feedback and readership
2. Who is one long lost blogger you wish would come back?

I can only think of one that I really wish would start writing again (and sometimes I wonder if he hasn't just reinvented himself somewhere else) and that is R.E.H. from Ramblings of a Madman. His writing was inspirational and he had amazing leadership qualities.

Generally, I try not to get too attached to bloggers. In the year I've been playing out here I've seen so many come and go - most of them without any warning or explanation.

3. If you made a New Year's Resolution, did you break it already? If you did not make one, why?

I didn't make any resolutions. I use the New Year as an opportunity to reflect - to decide what needs to change - to do a self-evaluation/performance review. I make changes in my life when it is most relevant to do so rather than relying on the calendar to tell me when it's best.

4. People who still have their outside Christmas lights up. Festive or Lazy? Discuss.

Guilty! But they aren't plugged in! Look, when you live in the north, where temps in January seldom get above 20, and your roof is covered in snow and ice, you wait until it warms up and melts before actually taking them down. This isn't a lazy/festive option, but rather a safety/practicality issue.

5. What is the last annoying song that got trapped in your head?

It would be the title of my blog post yesterday ... "Let's talk about sex, bay-bee - Let's talk about you and me ..."

6. Have you ever worn or tried edible underwear? What are your thoughts on it?

Haven't worn edible underwear. Haven't eaten edible underwear. Wondering why I would encourage someone to eat my underwear when it is really some other "meal" I'd like to feed them *wink*

Bonus: If you could do one bad thing and get away with it, what would you do and why?

This is so tempting, but you know what? I might legally get away with it, but the guilt would eat me alive. I'll pass on getting away with anything "bad" - thank-you-very-much!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

21 comments:

Schmoop said...

I used to wear a pair of edible underwear but after I washed them they just fell apart not to mention gumming up the dryer. Cheers Dana!!

Real Live Lesbian said...

Edible underwear...do people really EAT them? I thought it was a joke.

I'd rather go straight for the main course and ditch that appetizer! ;)

Thanks for putting that song in MY head!

M said...

Dangit, now you've got that song in my head!

Jormengrund said...

You'll "pass" on anything bad?

No wonder you're sexually frustrated Dana!

But at least it makes for some interesting and funny posts!

Oh, and I had the song stuck in my head since yesterday.. I don't think it ever really went away.... (gah!)

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

WHAT WHAT WHAT???? You are not attached to lil ole me??????

I tried those edible things once...they were like eating a bad roll of licorice

buffalodick said...

Interesting stuff! No.5 I have "Ring Of Fire" stuck in my head- too much hot sauce yesterday...

Jay said...

There are a number of bloggers who have just up and disappeared that I miss quite a bit. Some have given warning that they were closing up shop, and some just never came back. I know this is "just the blogosphere" but I actually do miss most of them.

Edible underwear is just the hors d'oeuvres before you get the main course. ;-)

g-man said...

I miss R.E.H. too.

I tried edible undies once, My ex tried to put them on and they just tore, they were akin to a fruit roll-up. I had to taste it, and it sucked. Granted that was about 15 years ago and I have no idea how the edible undie technology has changes since then, but it is not something I'd like to try again.

Lu' said...

no.5 If I think about it, it will get trapped there again :)

Anonymous said...

Noooooooo! You had to bring that song back up! Argh! Now I will have to go back through that entire therapy session just to flush it back out.....


ROTFLMAO!

Dana said...

Matt-Man, you can't fool me with that one - I know you don't wash your underwear!

RLL, my thoughts exactly! Why fill up on the froo-froo stuff!

M, sing along with me ... Let's talk about sex bay-bee ...

Dana said...

Jormengrund, I was talking illegal, not immoral *wink*

Bond, YOU are going nowhere! I can be attached to you without concern!

Buff, a little Pepcid complete might help with that!

Dana said...

Jay, oh - I miss the friendships, don't get me wrong, and I always wonder what happened.

g-man, maybe just the illution of undies - like drawn on with whipped cream maybe?

Lu, I'm afraid to read everyone elses' Wednesday Weirdness for fear I'll have all kinds of goofy songs stuck in my head!

Anonymous said...

Total agreement with your bonus answer and now THANKS....that song is playing over and over in my head!!!

Anonymous said...

Ewww edible underwear. Gross.

I wouldn't try and get away w/ anything either just because I'd be worried about the karmic debt I'd have to pay later.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on missing REH, his blog is still there piling up comments on his possible whereabouts. At this point, I like to think he's just monitoring it, and laughing at us.
If it helps, I can suggest another song to block out the first one...one of the little mermaid songs that came on for a brief second as my kids were channel surfing, now is lodged in my head..."wish I could be, part of your woooooorld!!!" Like that.

And you're not missing anything on the edible undies...bleeegh!
FMD

B said...

Let's talk about all the good things
And the bad things that may be


oh no no no.

I am not sure this is the antidote to 'all I want for Christmas' which has been in my head for weeks and weeks, I suspect it may be a booster :S

katherine. said...

no edible underwear...I don't like "fruit rollups" either...

smile

Vixen said...

I have never, ever gotten the whole 'edible' underwear thing....

Doh.

Nicey said...

Ive eaten them but never worn them,
Great answers BTW
Laters

Nicey

Nolens Volens said...

Practicality, my frozen butt! Hehe. I know that your town got buried in snow recently. I'll let you slide on that one this time. ;) Thanks for making your answers fun to read.