02 January 2009

Friday Wrap-Up

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Like so many of you, I am glad the holidays are over. Not that the moments weren't special, but the lack of order and routine in my schedule leads to a feeling of general chaos. After leaving work at 3PM on New Year's Eve, and having New Year's Day off, I'm heading back this morning. Not only is it month end in my accounting world, but that time when we must be creative in order to make the shareholders happy year end as well. I might even take a few pictures of my cubicle world to share with you!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I've discovered many of my readers are pervs appreciative of my HNT efforts. I've got a stat counter on my blog that I used to be obsessed with that just lets me know how many readers and page views I get a day. On Wednesday, I shared with you the secret location of the HNT archives and what happens? Page loads TRIPPLE. Not to worry, I didn't look to see who had 127 page loads on that day *wink*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Speaking of HNT, Vixen posts her her HNT favorites each and every Friday. I am always amazed and humbled when I find one of my HNT's amongst her choices. I mean, seriously, there are some GORGEOUS, creative HNT-ers out there! Today she posted her favorite HNT's of the year, and I was just as amazed and humbled to find myself there. But this isn't about me - go over there and see those you might not be so familiar with! Trust me ... you won't be disapointed!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

... and just because I can ...



You Should Juggle



You've got the talent to go far in life, but you don't really like to take risks.

You rather practice your well honed skills than put your life in danger.

You are agile and coordinated. You can work magic with your hands.

You truly mesmerize people. You don't have to resort to cheap tricks and gimmicks.

24 comments:

we're doomed said...

I am a tightrope walker. I can live with that. I was thinking I would end up being the cage cleaner for the Elephants and Monkeys. Have fun at work today, Dana.

Anonymous said...

Ha...i should juggle too!!! I actually hate circuses......clowns creep me out....it stinks....the noise....just like the mall!!!

Lu' said...

I would like to see your day to day work surroundings.

Real Live Lesbian said...

"You can work magic with your hands."

I just bet you can! ;)

Happy New Year and congrats on making Vixen's list!

buffalodick said...

Trapeez? These things are sooooo wrong!

Knight said...

Apparently I should fly on a trapeze. I guess that sounds good.

I noticed the HNT archives awhile back so I didn't contribute yesterday but I did review them all at some point in time and probably will again.

Jay said...

I'm a Puppeteer ...

"You are an entertainer - pure and simple.
You know how to engage an audience. You are a natural storyteller.

You are naturally dramatic, even when life doesn't call for drama.
Luckily though, you save most of your drama for your stellar performances."


Hmm .. don't know about that. I don't think I'm all that dramatic.

Anyway, YES! Pic of your work area! I love photos of work areas and stuff like that for some reason.

The Other Woman said...

Hhhmm... I missed that link. I'm going to see if I can find it now.

Happy New Year.

boo said...

A lusty luscious link to lascivious Dana? Mmm, how fun! I'm afraid to take the test... can't sleep clowns will eat me. *gigglesnort*

Mind of MadMan said...

Circue Freak..
I could have sex all day if allowed..
Really no joke.

Nolens Volens said...

Hey, I *loved* how you "hid" your HNT links in that picture. Very clever. And your HNT being profiled on Vixen? No surprise there. I loved that too. :)

Jormengrund said...

Tightrope Walker here..

Any subject you study, you aim to master. You enjoy being the best.
When you're good at something, you like to show off your skills.

You're the type of person who would practice years to walk the tightrope.
And you'd love the glory you'd get from walking it in front of a crowd.


Love the post Dana! Happy New Year!

Karen said...

I am off today. I am happy to have the break to be honest.

Biscuit said...

That last sentence is absolutely the truth, girlie! Happy New Year!

Loved the vlog!

katherine. said...

tightrope too...that was fun...

Any subject you study, you aim to master. You enjoy being the best.
When you're good at something, you like to show off your skills.

You're the type of person who would practice years to walk the tightrope.
And you'd love the glory you'd get from walking it in front of a crowd.

Vixen said...

You def deserved to make the list :)

I'm so with you....LOVE LOVE LOVE the holidays- but am feeling *so* discombobulated about my routine and days being out of whack.

Happy New Year!!! xo

Moosekahl said...

I'm also grateful the holidays are over. I wasn't feeling settled yet in my house and then with the craziness of the holidays on top of it I just felt out of sorts.

I'm home and have spent most of today trying to get things to warm up...the house, the kitchen sink pipes, the truck. The pipes are taken care of. The car has been plugged in since 1:15 now but the house is not budging much...i have the heat set at 70 and the thermostat says its 57 in here. I have candles going and I started the electric backup heat in the bathroom too. We'll see if I can get it toastier in here. Otherwise I'm putting my new heated mattress pad on and staying in bed with a book!

Dana said...

Doomed, ummmm ... tightrope walker in NO WAY surprised me!

Breve, I hate circuses too (which shouldn't come as any surprised)! I was afraid it would tell me I should be a clown and I'd be scarred for life!

Lu, I'll bring the camera to work Monday. I might even do a short vlog if I can find a way!

Dana said...

RLL, do you know anyone who might need me to audition?

Buff, you don't see yourself flying through the air with the greatest of ease?

Knight, I knew that a few folks had found the HNT Archive link. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Dana said...

Jay, I'd say you are an entertainer, not dramatic, but you are a stellar performer!

TOW, Thank you! Happy New Year to you too!

Boo, I am so glad there are so many of us clown-phobes! And here I thought that was so odd!

Dana said...

MadMan, and that is a bad thing?

NV, well, thank you for the vote of confidence!

Jormengrund, although I agree the summary of a tightrope walker fits you well, I was a bit surprised!

Dana said...

Karen, working Friday was a bit odd - felt very much like a Monday!

Biscuit, glad you made it unscathed (and at home) for the holidays this year!

Kat, sometimes those short, sweet blogthings can be fun!

Dana said...

Vixen, well ... I don't know about deserved, but I am EXTREMELY flattered!

Moose, I've missed you! Glad you are back and hope you are able to warm the house up just a bit - 57 still requires layers!

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog. I may not comment much or be sporadic when I visit, but I do visit.

Your blog rocks! Keep makin it do what it do....