31 March 2009

TMI Tuesday #180

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

TMI Tuesday

1. Have you ever sent or received a sext message?

This might very well surprise all of you ... or not! I have sexted (is that the right word?) with only two people in my entire life. What's even more surprising? They *know* each other and I was actually physically with one of them while drunk sexting the other. They might even be surprised when they find out they were the only two!

Oh! And there was the time in Indy when I took a soon-to-be sexting picture of AMS's thong (OK ... ass) for Hubman!

2. Have you ever made or received a booty call?

I have never made a booty call, assuming making a booty call means I've called and made the request for sex, but I have been on the receiving (or is that giving?) end. It's been a few years (14?) though. I don't know ... as I get older it's really not so much about the quantity of sex I have (good thing when you are only getting sex about 4 times a year), it's about the quality. Or at least that's what I tell myself.

3. Have you ever added or edited a word/entry to Wikipedia or Urban Dictionary or any other online reference?

I have never added or edited anything in Wikipedia or Urban Dictionary - in fact, I didn't even know Urban Dictionary existed until Os spoke of the HNT entry. I try to stay away from Wikipedia as it doesn't make the cut as a reference. Although most of the material I've seen has been accurate, I couldn't ever use it as a named source on anything of importance. *shrugs* It's the geek in me.

4. At what age did you have your first consensual sexual experience?

I've told this story before. I was 16 - out of town with two of my girlfriends (they were 17) - in a hotel room - on the floor between the two beds where there was even more sex going on. Yeah ... not exactly the fairy tale version of losing one's virginity.

5. What has been the greatest age difference between you a consensual sexual partner?

Thinking ... 20 years? That would be in the older direction (he was 20 years my senior). If we go the other direction (because we all know I go both ways *giggle*) 11 years. Damn! That's a pretty impressive range? Well ... maybe impressive isn't the right word, but I never realized there was a 30+ year span between my youngest and oldest sexual partners. Hmmmm ...

Bonus (as in optional): Why do you blog?

Why do I blog? I think that changes over time. I started blogging to see what all of the hoopla was. I've always enjoyed writing, but didn't expect that anyone would have any desire to actually read my writing.

Soon it morphed into an outlet for a frustrating marriage, a frustrating job, frustrating relationships in general. That is certainly still a component of my blogging, but I've tried to do less of that.

Then there is HNT. HNT is all about physical validation. This is going to sound extremely egotistical, but it is what it is. I know I am smart. I know I am creative. I struggle with the outside of me far more than the inside of me. I want to believe I am attractive and sometimes hearing it - even if I do often feel that it's done out of obligation - helps me to believe that a little more.

The rest of it? You know, I like to challenge people's thinking, because I like to challenge my own thinking. I find great joy in getting a comment that indicates the reader is seeing something differently than they have in the past. Sometimes, I even post an opposing view from my own to try to get myself to think a little differently.

I've been accused of being a pot stirrer - I take that as a compliment!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

21 comments:

captain corky said...

I've never heard the term before and of course I've never...

I did add one word to the Urban Dictionary though, Theoespian. It's a killer word. To this day I'm still surprised that it never landed me Word of the Week.

Volly said...

I've added one word to UD - "ramen," as a non-religious version of "amen," which somebody used on Blogger. I'd looked it up to verify what I thought was the meaning, and 'twasn't there, to my surprise. Now 'tis. :)

On Wikipedia, my main function is editing entries that summarize Stephen King novels & movies. Just minor stuff, such as misspellings of character names. Sometimes the devil really is in the details.

Cheers,
V

Ashly Star said...

There's a fairy tale version to losing one's virginity? I didn't know that. Of course I wouldn't though since I'm not a fan of fairy tales. ;)

I'm not a Wikipedia fan really. I'm sure most of the information on there about any given topic is accurate enough but I don't use it often at all.

Happy Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

Last line, me too...I never took it as a compliment, until today!! That is a great way to think of it.

Dana said...

Corky, never heard of sexting? Hmmmm ... why do I doubt that??

Volly, I'm all for the editing. You are likely the reason much of what I read *is* accurate!

Amorous, there must be a virginity happily ever after, don't you think??

Real Live Lesbian said...

A couple of girlfriends ago....

I left my 41 year old partner for a 21 year old. I guess that makes me quite the lecherous lesbian! ;)

none said...

I've been sexted and booty called but that's only because someone kept dialing the wrong number. :)

Jormengrund said...

I've never compared the age difference in partners, so I can't honestly answer that one..

I'm more than willing to stir a pot, but how many folks are willing to clean up the mess when it boils over?

Great post Dana. Very well said.

Sungold said...

Hmm, you're not the only Wikipedia skeptic - but I actually think it's pretty useful when you already know enough to judge its accuracy. For instance, every time I've looked up a philosopher on it, I've been impressed with the quality of the entries. I've sometimes cross-checked against the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy online, which is more authoritative, and by comparison Wikipedia generally offers a simplified but accurate picture. I've sometimes used Wikipedia to help me organize my thoughts for lectures. So it has its uses, even for serious researchers - although you do have to judge every entry on its own merits.

That 30 year span? I'm not sure about "impressive," either - that would imply you were trying to impress! - but it's pretty intriguing. At least, it suggests you're flexible in your tastes.

Hubman said...

And I'm very happy you took that picture! Wasn't there some 'story' about technical difficulties while my wife's pants were around her ankles? *wink*

I'm with you on Wikipedia. I do use it occasionally, but as a genuine research tool? No, I'm waaaay too much of a geek to do that.

Stir away! That's a big part of what I like about reading your blog...

Knight said...

A fairy tale version for the loss of virginity would be a boring story. I was also in a hotel room but I don't even know what state I was in. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Jay said...

I don't text so I guess I don't sext either.

I've found that Wikipedia is pretty useful for everything non-controversial. If it's a politician, or political issue you can't trust it cause too many people try to slant the entries too much.

Christo Gonzales said...

wikipedia was created by geeks for geeks so you are then too *cool* to use it - that makes you the anti-geek.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I use Wiki as an additional source...I have sexted...yup

I have made booty calls

I have had booty calls made on me

You are the consummate pot stirrer, which is why I likey you so much

Dana said...

C, I think it's a compliment, although some would claim it's just not playing nice!

RLL, indeed! Or maybe a Lascivious Lesbian!

Hammer, that was a funny story too!

Dana said...

Jorm, I'll add the ingredients, stir AND clean up the mess!

Sungold, intriguing ... far better word! And I've always said that I chose sex partners based on who they are, not there gender nor age.

Hubman, it was a wardrobe ... err ... equipment malfunction! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Dana said...

Knight, but I always wanted to live happily ever after ... I think ...

Jay, but you tweet, so maybe you twext!

DB, no way! Me?? Cool??

Dana said...

Bond, you sexting vessel you! I bet you've had your pot stirred as well!

Jinxo56 said...

Sexting, no. Booty call, no, either way. Age difference, 5 years older, 23 years younger. I have talked about her on my blog. We lived together almost 4 years. She snuck out on me in the middle of the night. Best thing she ever did for me.
I use Wikipedia as a starting point.

Vixen said...

I have loved reading all the responses to the bonus. Very interesting how us bloggers have evolved. :)

Deb said...

I loved your answer about "why do you blog". I also started blogging because it was an outlet after my breakup back in 2005. I didn't know I'd be blogging for this long though!