04 March 2009

McEmergency? Try Some Relish!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Apparently the folks in Florida take their McNuggets pretty darn seriously. After Latreasa Goodman ordered and paid for a 10-piece Chicken McNugget, she was informed that the McDonald's she was at had run out of the delicacy. In fact, she was so distraught she called 911 three times to report an emergency. THREE times!

In one of her calls, Goodman states, "The manager just took my money and won't give me my money back, trying to make me get something off the menu that I don't want. I ordered chicken nuggets. They don't have chicken nuggets, and so I told her, 'Just give me my money back,' and she tells me I have to pick something else off the menu. She is not going to give me my money back, and she don't have the right to take my money."

When police told Goodman the incident was not an emergency, Goodman insisted, "This is an emergency. If I would have known they didn't have McNuggets, I wouldn't have given my money, and now she wants to give me a McDouble, but I don't want one. This is an emergency."

Really? Let me slap McDonalds' hand - shame on you! Your NO REFUND policy needs to be balanced with a little common sense. If a customer orders and pays for a specific menu item, and you cannot provide it, give them their friggin' money back.

Oh ... but Latreasa Goodman? You win the ME! ME! ME! prize. Your emergency took essential services away from people who were really in the midst of an emergency. I have no doubt the cost of your emergency to tax payers was at least 100 times the cost of your McNuggets. Are you really that selfish? You couldn't take names and write a letter to McDonald's Corporate offices making a formal complaint? At least you were charged with misuse of 911 and issued a citation, but something tells me that won't fix the problem.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Just in case you ever find yourself distraught over missing McNuggets, I thought I'd post another recipe from my Relish! subscription. This one is a vegetarian dish (yes, Vixen and Garbonzo, you can eat this one too!) and was so tasty my family didn't even miss the meat! *EDIT* Those are basil parmesan bread sticks on the left, not chicken breasts!


Penne Pasta with Italian Vegetable Sauce

16 oz box penne pasta
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 white onion , chopped
1 red bell pepper , cored, seeded and chopped
1 yellow bell pepper , cored, seeded and chopped
1 zucchini , sliced and quartered
2 teaspoons oregano
2 teaspoons garlic
2 tomatoes , seeded and chopped
1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon sugar
coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until cooked through but still firm to the bite. Drain and keep warm.

Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium-high, heat oil and sauté onion, peppers, zucchini, and oregano for 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until almost tender.

Stir in tomatoes, spinach, water, sugar, and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes, until sauce is reduced and thickened.

Serve pasta topped with the sauce and a generous portion of Parmesan.

Prep and cook time: 30 minutes per serving: 345 calories; 12 grams protein; 5 grams total fat; 6 grams fiber; 1 gram saturated fat; 65 grams carbohydrates; 0 mgs cholesterol; 22 mgs sodium

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


30 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happiness? Recipes? Who Are you? :)

Unknown said...

That food looks awesome, but what is it to the left??? That looks great, too! And McDonalds has a no re-fund policy? Must be the manager at that location, because I have never had a problem getting a refund. That may be one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. Someone calling 911 over food. Good Lord.

Real Live Lesbian said...

McDonalds just seems to attract the stupid ones. Remember the hot coffee lady? WTF?

I'm too tired to cook. Can I just come over to your house? I'll smash my boobs against you! ;)

Lu' said...

I think the woman should receive a bill from 911 services just for being incredibly stupid for Christ sake. RLL I don't cook much but with an offer like that...

Liz Hill said...

Oh we got a refund from McDonald's once--we can't go back there *GRIN*

I am extremely happy this stupid biotch is being prosecuted.

Unknown said...

Just shaking my head. Sigh. Stupid is as stupid does. We are seeing the fall of Western society.:) Don't i sound like Chicken Little.

So I was planning on posting this Western Cheeseburger call on my blog, but I think I'll put it here instead:

Burger King Emergency Call

At least Nuggets' lady had a point. The burger mama was just ridiculous on her 911 call.

Unknown said...

oops, my link skills suck. Copy and paste this:

http://www.entertonement.com/clips/70408/Woman-Calls-Cops-on-Burger-King

Jay said...

McD's and Wal-Mart have the same demographic. I find these people very entertaining.

I went to college with the son of the guy who sold the idea of McNuggets to McDonalds. Talk about an over-privileged prick! He flunked out.

Anonymous said...

Just when I start to have faith in the intelligence of the average American again....oh well!

Ooooo....that looks yummy! Got go to store today...now I know what to fix!!!!

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I had just heard this story on the news this morning and could not believe it! Some people....

boo said...

Dana, I must say I'm liking all this positivity! Are you feelin' it, or just wearin' it? Stupid is as stupid does. Reminds me of that one from a few years ago did the same thing... "I want my dollar and my taco!"

JW said...

Okay, so this would be another site I should give a wide berth to in future when I'm hungry! :)

Karen said...

They should make her pay - financially - for the time she used up from the city (or whomever runs the 911 there). This woman is an idiot!

buffalodick said...

Out of McNuggets? That's God hisself tellng you to go somewhere else! No one should want something that wretched and then feel screwed...

Dana said...

WW, *gigglesnort*

Bina, clearly she wasn't thinking about anyone other than herself.

RLL, I'd cook for you even if you didn't smash your boobs against me! Wait! What am I saying??

Dana said...

Lu, hey! Stay away from RLL!!! I found her first!

Turn, I was glad to see that they didn't let her just walk away.

Scout, I happened upon Burger King idiot when I was writing up this post *rolls eyes*

we're doomed said...

Our country is like a chain. I can't believe I just said that. Regardless, we are only as strong as our weakest link. Be afraid, be very afraid!!

Brian Gardes said...

Dana!!!! Thank you so much for including me in your tasty relish love! I am going to have to try this!!!!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I hope her fine is 2,000,000 times the cost of the freakin McNuggets...AND she should have to do Community Service. OH and the manager of the McDonald's...hope you enjoy the unemployment line!

YUMMO food

katherine. said...

I saw this woman on the news this morning. She should totally pay the bill for 911.

And get free McNuggets for life.

People are getting angry. We're gonna see this kind of behavior all over the place.

on the other hand...am I to understand all we have to do is smash our boobs against you and you'll cook for us? cool.

Hubman said...

Just like your post last week about the parents bitching about the free school lunches....

Sadly, I'm not at all surprised to read about this lovely woman's antics.

Dana said...

Jay, that would be why I avoid both places! And you went to college with some interesting people!

Breve, it really was a wonderful meal!

Hair Bows, welcome! The problem is that then some people have kids!

Dana said...

Boo, I'd say it's 95% feeling and only 5% wearing, and I'm liking the way it feels!

Ro, at least it wasn't SPIDERS!!!!

Karen, I think idiot might be an understatement!

Dana said...

Buff, no kidding, huh? Out of McNuggets has got to be a sign!

Doomed, I was afraid years ago - now I'm terrified!

Garbonzo, I can't leave you vegi loving folks out, especially now that I'm cooking at least two meatless meals a week!

Anonymous said...

I heard a clip of that moron on the radio today. They were making fun of her idiocy. I can't believe she called 911 and kept repeating "this IS an emergency." Give me a fucking break, lady. An emergency is having your head dunked in the fry vat. She's lucky that didn't happen!

Thom - - Dr. John said...

Somewhere there's a village looking for that woman.

Jinxo56 said...

I agree that the woman over-reacted, but that is the first McDonalds that I have ever heard that wouldn't give a refund. The only reason that they wouldn't is it was a franchise store with an extremely cheap owner. I have a feeling that the higher ups at McDonalds will be visiting there shortly. By the way, thank you for visiting and commenting on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Woah. No but really??? No McNuggets is AN EMERGENCY? O_o

Could it be the "No refund" thing was made up by upset chicken mcnuggets nut case woman? I mean, if she's STUPID enough to call 911 over this...

Seriously. Suck it up and eat something else. Or better yet, MAKE yourself something that'll be much better for your health and hey, on your wallet, too. People totally discourage me.

Vixen said...

*rolling my eyes so hard*

Gah....

Your pasta is def something I would try. Sounds yummy! Thanks for posting the recipe! :)

Anonymous said...

see, you can't depend on the McNuggets -- when in doubt, obey the Big Mac attack