09 December 2009

Opening Lines

~*~*~*~*~

I'm stealing ... kind of ... or maybe not! I stole this last year from Os, who originally stole it from Leesa (sorry, no link) back in 2005, so I think at this point I'm just recycling rather than actually stealing.

What was the first line from your blog the first day of each month in 2009?



*I've linked each entry in case that opening line has you begging for more!*




January
It has been quite some time since I did a vlog and I thought it was the best way to usher in the new year!

February
When the battle between love and hate was raging, I was often overwhelmed, confused, frustrated, disappointed, insecure, angry and fearful.

March
As a parent, there really are no words that can explain the love for a child and the love from a child.

April
Accountability. There has been much talk about it, but like so many things, it seems to be lip service.

May
Because I want to sit at the cool table with Os and M ...
1. The first rule of working in an office and getting along is don't fart in your cubicle and try to blame it on your neighbor.

June
I have been a very bad blogger and I want a spanking deserve a scolding!

July
1. How many speeding tickets have you had? Accidents?
I've been driving for thirty a few years, so I've had ample opportunity to get more than my fair share of tickets, but only one of those was a speeding ticket and it was dismissed after attending traffic school (got to love California).

August
My roommate and I once: Had sex in the same room, at the same time, but with different people

September
Monday Morning rolls around.

October
Whew! What a week! Not necessarily a bad week, but certainly one that was just a bit complicated by this nasty sinus crud Jay gave me.

November
If you treated me with the same amount of love and respect when people weren't looking as you do when they are, we'd have a very different marriage.

December
Will you look back on life and say, "I wish I had," or "I'm glad I did?"

~*~

It amazes me that this simple exercise gives such insight into an entire year of life.

~*~*~*~*~

8 comments:

Schmoop said...

I went back and looked at some of mine. I gathered no insight into my life other than I what I already knew. Mainly, that I'm an asshole. Cheers dana!!

Doc said...

As a parent, there really are no words that can explain the love for a child and the love from a child.

So true!

Lu' said...

That is a neat idea but I doubt mine would be nearly as insightful as yours but then...

Osbasso said...

That's me--simple!

Vixen said...

This is one of my favorite year end things to do. I love looking back on the past year. :)

Shiny Rod said...

Looking back is not the problem. It's the big ass that keeps following me that the is troubling...

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Very interesting. If I can catch my breath soon, perhaps I will look back too. Although, it might just put me right to sleep! LOL.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

interesting idea....thanks