08 December 2009

Words and Moving Pictures!

~*~*~*~*~

First and foremost, to those of you who were nasty and belittled me publicly (on the blog) on my decisions and/or indecisions - SCREW YOU! You did far more harm than good.

Rather than being honest in a supportive way (yes, it can be done - most of those who read my blog have done just that) and attempting to help me get to a place where I believed enough in myself to make the changes I needed to make, you chose to be the kind of people who see someone is down and stomp on their back to insure it takes them just a wee bit longer to get up.

That said, I'd like to thank you! You helped me see that I can sometimes be guilty of that very same thing and you showed me the pain that I may have caused others. Some day, I hope you quit hurting people and reach out a helping hand instead.

Next, to those of you who were nasty and belittled me privately (via email and amongst our Facebook "friends") on my decisions and/or indecisions - FUCK YOU! You didn't even have the gonads to belittle me publicly but instead, decided to hide behind email and your (not so) protected Facebook profiles.

I can only imagine what your motivation was. Maybe you needed to feel better about your own screwed up lives? I don't know, nor do I really care. There is no justification for what you did. You were downright UGLY in the way you treated me, and I know that you've topped the ugliness off with lies - denying and/or minimizing what you've done to the mutual "friends" we share.

That said, I'd like to thank you! You helped me see through your "artificial nice" and the "artificial nice" of a handful of our mutual friends. It made it much easier for me to figure out who I could trust - who really cared about me - and who didn't. Some day, I hope you're able to grow up enough that you'll realize just how destructive gossip and backstabbing are - that you'll discover that you can't really call yourself a friend if your not willing to stand up to another friend when they are wrong.

To everyone else - THANK YOU! You helped me feel just good enough about myself that I was able to make this move. You've been there at times when hearing a kind word was the difference between making a really bad choice and making a better choice.

You've shown me that there really are people out there who love unconditionally - who continue to give love even when I don't really "deserve" it - who stand by me not just to watch the train wreck, but to try to help me get off the tracks before the train barrels down on me.

I'll never be able to put into words the gratitude I feel towards so many of you. You literally helped saved two lives!

~*~

... and now for a little fun! Here I am in all of my Sunday night, no makeup, flat spot on the back of my head, had a busy day glory giving you a little tour of the new place. It's 5 minutes long, so if you don't want to watch the whole thing, just skip to like the last 90 seconds. You shouldn't miss that part!





~*~*~*~*~

34 comments:

we're doomed said...

Thanks for the tour of your apartment, Dana. I would call it a cozy apartment. Not too big and not too small.

Lu' said...

I have to start off with the last part, ha ha ha I could almost taste the W.I.R. shivers.

Looks like all the rooms are nice size. I used to sleep on a futon bed before I got married. I though it was a good sleep. That bike looks small for Cameron but I'm guessing it is the style. I adore, yes adore Christmas cookies :) It was nice to see you and the digs Dana. I just bet you and Cam are breathing easier and that makes me happy.

About the first part of the blog, GRRRRRRRRR! Keep the faith woman. Some of us out here truely are on your side.

Bette said...

The sheets and tacks took me back to a time when my cat had broken the blinds right by my bed :) I had to do this in the late night hours while standing on the bed! What started out as a 'temporary' fix stayed that way for several months....until I moved!

Happy for you & Cam in your new space.

As for the creeps, you summed 'em up well!

Hubman said...

Best of luck to both of you Dana. Veronica and I are very happy for you and Cam.

Schmoop said...

You forgot to let it breathe!!! I know you truly liked the WIR, and were merely masking your delight by feigning a look of disgust.

Nice place ya got. And best of all...It should yield a much more relaxed atmosphere. Good luck to you guys. Cheers Dana!!

Another Suburban Mom said...

Congratulations on your new home! It looks adorable.

I am sure that you will soon have your tasteful flourishes all over it and it will look great!

Deech said...

Loved the new Digs. Regardless of how you think you look, you have the air about you of someone who has just lost a two ton weight that was dragging her down.

Good for you! Now I think we will all see how fast and how far you will grow without all the drama!

Anonymous said...

Awesome tour Dana!

Very cute house!

Nothin wrong with bedsheets and thumb tacks, it works!

:)

Ken said...

I never really DRANK the WIR when I visited Mat-Man, you have gotten really brave.

I have a very bad memory so I'm not sure if I got a SCREW YOU or a FUCK YOU or was even close to a THANK YOU but you said it didn't matter any more and I'll take that as something of the past.

Hope your happy in the new digs, Take Care Dana

snugs said...

hmmmm, I can't tell if you wrote this post before the WIR or after, but it sort of sounds like after...so I will take my Screw You and my Thank You and still wish you the best and congratulate you on your big move.

Doc said...

Will have to check out your place at home because I can't from work... AND I sure hope I am on the supportive list and not the Fuck you list... because I am very supportive of what you are doing for yourself and Cam.

Karen said...

Nice place! There was a brief period of time where I slept on futon and it was really comfy. Sometimes I live in a blind hole or something because I didn't know anyone was being mean to you. Jerks! But now I do want to try Irish Rose.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Nice apartment! It looks perfect for you two. I can't believe you drank that stuff - vile!!! LOL.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I've been reading but suck at commenting. Sorry. I'll try to be better.

Nice place. Glad you are enjoying a fresh start and doing what makes you happy.

Dana said...

we're doomed, it is quite the comfortable size for Cam and I. One of the things I've noticed is that I used to feel COMPLETELY overwhelmed by the house and now? Not at all!

Lu', I think what scared me most about the WIR is that Matt-Man told me it tasted *better* cold! I can't imagine what it would be like warm.

Bette, there will always be creeps, but there is always something to learn from them too!

Dana said...

Hubman, THANKS!

Matt-Man, I figured aging it for a year was enough - I was supposed to let it breathe too?? I even tried the second swig to see if it got better ... maybe I needed a 3rd swig?

Another Suburban Mom, it's not much right now - we're pretty much starting from scratch - but we'll get there!

Dana said...

Joker_SATX, you just liked the curtains because it was your idea!

Kim, I put a heavy, flannel sheet on Cam's window. Amazing how much better he sleeps when his room is dark!

Micky-T, no WIR? Chicken! And Micky, your issues were with the way you felt husband was being portrayed - completely different issue and one that had me reflecting as well.

Dana said...

snugs, actually, about 16 hours AFTER the WIR - definitely not a factor!

Doc, you've always been on the supportive side!

Karen, I splurged on the quality futon mattress when I bought this 8 years ago and it was well worth the cost! And you weren't in a blind hole - the really bad ones I pretty much ignored on the blog. Didn't want to give them any glory.

Dana said...

Evil Twin's Wife, what was really scary about the WIR was the "crust" along the glass threads when I opened it ... and I still drank it!

Ashleigh, I have quite a few lurkers, but I adore them every bit as much! Thank you for speaking up!!

Jay said...

LOL! You do realize that the big joke is that Matt-Man never drinks that crap either, don't you? hahaha ;-)

Okay, so maybe you should move UP to a little MD 20/20 or Thunderbird?

That's a pretty spacious apartment. Very nice. I like it.

And fuck the haters!

Real Live Lesbian said...

Congrats on getting in! I'll have to watch the video when I get home. But I'm stunned that you drank that WIR. Stunned.

You're braver than I EVER thought!!!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I can not wait to go home and watch the video...

CONGRATS AGAIN DANA! It take a lot to make that first step.

Sorry Cam had a 'day-off' from school..that could not be a good thing to start your new live with...

To those who judge others--let's see what your world looks like buck-os...bet it ain't all peace and love...

Margaret said...

I'm so glad your space is working for you. :)

peace...

Vixen said...

Nice apt! I'm so excited for you and Cam. :)

Dana said...

Jay, oh Jay ... he *must* drink WIR 'cause everything Matt-Man tells us is the God's honest truth!

Real Live Lesbian, and I might even drink the rest of it ... some day ...

Bond, that first step was a doosey, but I can honestly say that I can already feel a very positive difference!

Dana said...

Margaret, it is working PERFECTLY for us!

Vixen, thank you! I am too!

voyeur36 said...

Dont mind the negative people. This just proves you are a strong woman who knows what the right thing to do is, and actually does it. Nice apartment, BTW.

Phfrankie Bondo said...

...my guess is the third sip will do the trick!...

...here's hoping you find the solace you seek in your new digs *offers toast of WIR*...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new home!! I'm hoping that it is a place of peace and happiness for you and Cam.

As for people who tried to hurt you when you were down, it has been my experience that those who choose to diminish others do so to inflate themselves because they are empty and broken inside. It certainly is never necessary to blow out someone else's light in order for your own to shine, and that is a lesson that so many people simply cannot conceive of.

Good for you, Dana. Good for you for having the strength to love yourself.

buffalodick said...

I have never cared where I lived- I cared who I lived with, and how I lived..

Aunt Becky said...

People love to presume that they know what's "right" for you. They don't. You do.

Alfro said...

Nice new digs.

best of luck to you and Cam, as you move forward.

Oh, and loved the La-Z-Boy.....

katherine. said...

thanks for the tour.

I was under the distinct impression the WIR was better tasting. Hmmmm.

Anonymous said...

Been a while since I have been on here. So sorry, harder to keep up with the ones that I can't follow on my list. You need a followers option ;-)

That sucks you had to deal with peoples cruielty. I am glad you found strength in it and got past it though. No one is worth letting it get to you and bring you down.