29 December 2009

Have You Heard of Project 365?


~*~*~*~*~


You, too, can join WWC. You'll find information over at Jay's place, on Facebook or on Flickr.

~*~

Yes, this should be where I post pictures taken with my handy-dandy cell phone in celebration of this week's words "7" and "Photojournalism" ... but I'm not gonna. Nope! I'm going to be a rebel, throwing all caution to the wind. Not really ... my new found freedom hasn't altered my obsession with need for structure and routine, but I am looking for a little different outlet.

I've decided to participate in Project 365 beginning January 1st. You can read all about it [HERE], but in a nutshell, you take pictures daily, then post a picture a day for ... can you guess?? 365 days! Imagine that.

Here's what I like about it. I can take a picture of whatever I want, for whatever reason I want. If I want to take pictures of bug sex, I can! If I want to take Retro HNT shots, I can! In other words, the only rules are that I post a picture every day. No themes, no constraints - just pictures.

Some of you might already read blogs that participate in this project. Emmy over at Right Turn without Signaling has been participating this year. I've also been an avid lurker over at [THIS] Project 365 blog. Following these two blogs is what got me thinking that maybe this Project 365 thing wasn't just for those evil scrap-booking bloggers. Maybe there was room in this project for a normal, wholesome, creative motherly type like myself. Yeah ... OK ... I'm not buying that either, but you know what I mean!

I was going to set up this little poll on my blog asking you what your preference was on posting these photos. Should I do a separate post on this blog? Should I combine my daily photo with my regular posts here? Should I set up a new blog? Then I thought, screw you! it's my blog - my project - I'll do with it what I want to!

There is a new blog. It's called Dana Does Project 365 Dana Does Digital (*EDIT* I couldn't pass up Matt-Man's suggestion - it was just too good!). I was so wishing I lived in Dallas, or Denver, or Dubuque (well, not really Dubuque) just so that I could have a catchy blog title, but ... *shrugs* You're stuck with practical instead of catchy. *EDIT* Now you've got catchy! Yes, you can go look now (GO! LOOK! Add it to your reader and/or RSS feed!). The blog is up and ready to go, as soon as I flip the calendar over to January (hopefully on the 1st). Dana Does Project 365 Digital will be limited to participation in the photo-a-day project.

I don't anticipate this blog will change ... well ... anymore than any blog changes as we trudge through life's muck. I'll still do my Sunday Secrets, my Friday Wrap-Ups and all of the other garbage intriguing posts you've grown so accustomed to. I know, that disappoints some of you but you'll get over it - or leave - one or the other!

**NOTE** If you added the blog link to your reader prior to 7:15 AM Central time, you might want to check the link. My OCD got the best of me and I couldn't stand the URL/blog name mismatch. The Project 365 blog can be found at http://dana-does-digital.blogspot.com/

~*~*~*~*~

15 comments:

Schmoop said...

Hee Hee. On your new blog the post reads:

"Coming Soon"

Maybe the site should be called, "Dana Does Digital"...or not.

Cheers Dana!!

Dana said...

Matt-Man, yeah ... I'm hoping if I post it I will come ... or something like that!

Stole the name! It was just too good to pass up and right up my alley. Feel free to turn that into a sexual euphemism as well.

Hubman said...

Were you somehow reading a draft of my post for New Years Day? I'll be doing a Project365 as well, also inspired by Emmy!

Off to add your new blog to my Reader...

Doc said...

i look forward to reading... errr seeing it... but there is no way I could participate due to time constraints... Look forward to seeing your pics though...

Anonymous said...

Awesome Dana!

I was thinking about doing it myself, now I guess I need to!

Kim

Emmy said...

Woo-hoo!! I'm looking forward to see your interpretation of this project. Or if you have as many 'beer shots' as I did this year. :)

Anonymous said...

That ought to be pretty cool. Does Matt Man get royalties since he came up with the title?

we're doomed said...

Ok!

Dana said...

Hubman, I'm think your project 365 might take on a different look than mine *wink* I'll be looking for the post as I'm fairly certain I'll do a little Project 365 link thing.

Doc. I'm actually thinking the project 365 blog won't be overly time consuming. Let's hope I'm right!

Kim, yes, you do need to! It would be kind of cool to capture your first year in a new city!

Dana said...

Emmy, *note to self* limit the beer shots!

Hope, Matt-Man gets a swift kick in the ass ... he'll appreciate that far more than royalties!

we're doomed, thank goodness you didn't say, "PLEASE!!! NO!!!"

Vixen said...

I think that's a great idea~! I've considered doing it as well for several years now. Some fabulous HNTers (or ex- hnters, now, lol) have done it and I think it's awesome. I worry not about taking pictures daily...but about uploading them daily! LOL

I would have liked to have seen it all on one blog. I like the intermix bwtn pics and words. But, as you said, it's your blog damnit! ;) I'm adding it to my rss feeder now.

Unknown said...

I would LOVE to participate, but with 3 kids, a full time job and a husband to take up so much of my time when would I do the important stuff like blog, facebook and twitter??

Schmoop said...

Ha. I'm very honored, but of course, I would indeed enjoy a kick in the ass. Cheers Dana!!

Dana said...

Vixen, I think I'm going to have to be very disciplined with this project, which should fit my anal-retentive personality quite well! And actually, there will be words - albeit minimal - associated with each picture only because I think I do words better than pictures!

Mandy, Pfffttt! FaceBook and Twitter are nothing more than passing trends! A year of pictures is priceless! Priorities woman ... priorities!

Matt-Man, as you should be, however you did create just a bit of extra work for me too. That dang blog name/URL mismatch just couldn't be overlooked!

rage said...

I am doing a 365 project on my flickr account and a post a day. We'll see if I actually keep up with it or not.

I am looking forward to your project!