25 March 2009

Wednesday Weirdness

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Do you want to play?


1.) What is your significant others worst habit?

You phrase this question like he only has one, and since I am perfect (such a difficult position to maintain, but someone has to set the standard), pointing out the flaws in others is oh-so-easy!

I would have to go with picking his toenails while sitting in the living room watching TV. I can clean up kid puke, scoop out a litter box after a round of cat diarrhea, but watching (and listening to him) pick his toenails, then examine his fingers to see what goodies he's uncovered makes me want to hang him by his toenails.

2.) What piece of clothing that isn't lingerie or an undergarment do you have that you feel especially sexy/handsome in?

Hmmmm ... I have a little black dress that I adore. It's very conservative - not low cut - modest arm coverage - sits right at the top of my knees - but it fits perfectly. And when I add a pair of 3" black pumps and all 6'-3" of me walks into a room, head up, shoulders back? Sexy would be an understatement.

3.) If you could drink ONLY two beverages for the rest of your life, which would you pick?

One of my two choices would be a no-brainer ... I'd have to go with coffee ... but my second choice? Here's the problem. It's going to be an alcohol of some sort, but one that I can either drink straight, or that mixes well with coffee. Since I'm not a whiskey girl I'll need to go with something I can drink straight. Patron Tequila or Grey Goose Vodka? I just can't decide!

4.) What is your worst habit?

Did you not read question one? I am the one who all must measure up to, remember? You're not buying it, are you? Yeah ... me neither ...

My worst habit? Let's go with procrastination. I know, I never thought anal retentiveness and procrastination went together either, but I can personally tell you they do - sometimes all too well.

5.) Are you superstitious in any way?

I am many things - superstitious is not one of them.

6.) What kind of shopping do you hate doing most? (Grocery shopping, clothes shopping, shoe shopping, etc)

All of the above! I am NOT a shopper. I go to stores only when I must (I prefer to do my shopping from home, on the internet, nekkid in my jammies). If I'm forced to go to a store, I have an agenda, pick up what I need, and leave as quickly as possible.

7.) What was a “fad” you remember from your childhood?

Oh heavens! I grew up in the 70's. We had enough fads to distribute among 3 decades. Pet rocks, leg warmers, CB radios, leisure suits, Pong, Earth Shoes ... I could go on and on!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*EDIT* Due to an obsessive troll, I had to close comments and may need to move to comment moderation ... or the troll could exhibit a little self control and go away ...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


24 comments:

we're doomed said...

The seventies!! When I watch the seventies show on tv I want to cry. It is a decade best forgotten. Though I am still proud of the first suit I ever bought. I got it from P N Hirsh, a department store. It was a grey double knit suit. I was the man!

Schmoop said...

In the late 70's I got caught up in the fad of masturbation...It's a fad that, at least for me, has lasted 30 years from its inception. Cheers!!

none said...

Hehe I had a pet rock.

It read: "turn me over"

On the other side it said "thanks"

Jormengrund said...

So, your two beverages are coffee and a mixer for it..

I don't think Tequila mixes too well with coffee personally, so I'd have to go with the vodka.

However, I can't stand vodka and coffee, so I just can't imagine the taste..

Other than that, I can relate to these answers in some way, shape, or form.

Great answers Dana!

Real Live Lesbian said...

Of all of the things that I've read from you....

the answer to #2 is my all time favorite. I love it when a woman *feels* sexy!

Dana said...

Doomed, I bet that suit had a wide collar and plastic buttons too, didn't it?

Matt-Man, I'm surprised you waited until the late 70's to pick up that fad.

Hammer, pet rocks were nothing short of marketing genius!

snugs said...

#4 procrastination over cutting? is this an other no brainer?

Dana said...

Jorm, oh no! I wouldn't ruin Grey Goose by putting it in coffee! It's fine served over ice!

RLL, when I'm wearing that outfit, I know that I look good. It's the one time when I don't even consider that people might be looking at me in judgment.

Dana said...

snugs, I am so glad you came back with more of your God given grace!

we're doomed said...

Yes Dana, my suit did have those items you described. I am seriously thing of having a private detective go out and find any picture of me in this suit and destroy the picture. I think I had the 2" heeled shoes too. The horror, the horror!!!

M said...

I never just window shop either, it just depresses and bores me. I only go shopping if I specifically need something.

Jay said...

I had a pet rock. It ran away.

I don't do window shopping either. Why would I walk around and stare at things that I wouldn't even buy if I COULD afford them?

snugs said...

anything I can do to help, you know the "stalkers" are never far away

Dana said...

Doomed, I'd pay a pretty price to see one of those ... and I might just have connections!

M, I've always wondered what the point of shopping is if you can't, or don't plan to, spend money. Hello?

Jay, are you sure it didn't SKIP away *gigglesnort*

Dana said...

snugs, actually, you fit the "troll" description far better - you've moved up in the world of blog annoyances. The good news? Or was that the good news? No, the really good news is that I've added you to my prayer list - I've decided loving you is a much more constructive use of my energies <3

snugs said...

oooh, I am so touched seeing how Cameron and you have been on my prayer list for some time now. It's so much nicer when everyone plays nice isn't it?

Dana said...

snugs, I've always played nice - you however, have always been a nasty, hate-filled, venomous troll. And you might want to hold off on those prayers for Cam and I. Your comments and actions make it perfectly clear that you pray to an entirely different God than I do and I can only hope - for the sake of Cam and I - that your prayers don't work.

Vixen said...

I'm personally trying to bring back leg warmers ;)

Ashly Star said...

Procrastination! I forgot about that habit of mine when I was doing my answers, lol. Oops.

I don't gross out easily but the mental image I got along with your answer to #1 made me cringe a bit. Yuck.

Love your answers. Happy Wednesday!

Jinxo56 said...

I don't procrastinate. I just believe you shouldn't do today what can be put off until tomorrow.

Adam Apple said...

Loved your answer to #7. I had forgotten about pet rocks and CB radios. I loved my CB radio and would spend hours driving around in my car just so I could use my CB.

snugs said...

gosh, that love was sure short lived.
I will continue to pray for you and for Cameron, those are things that not even you can control. No matter how much you dislike me or my opinions I still wish a happy conclusion to you and your many crises and I will always pull for the kid stuck in the midst of it all.

I do however find it amusing that you have these blog rules for commenters on your blog, but you do not abide by those on other blogs. Maybe # 4 could be re- examined.

Dana said...

Vixen, *you* probably could bring back leg warmers.

Howard, that's my motto!

Adam, how could you forget about CB radios?? We had a base station in the house - my handle was sugar and spice!

Dana said...

snugs, back away from the keyboard ... your getting a bit obsessive ... again ...