24 October 2008

Friday Wrap-Up

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It's Friday!! It was a busy week here in the puckies
  1. PTO meeting on Tuesday
  2. Cam's youth group on Wednesday
  3. Cam's first band concert last night (for those of you who don't know, Cam plays the oboe - this is his third year playing)
  4. Tonight is the first middle school dance of the year
These are the kinds of days where you are up at 5AM and constantly on the move until 9PM. Now that I am old more life experienced, having a week of these starts taking it's toll. Worse yet, there is no rest for the wary. This weekend I must finish painting the sitting room. Hmmmm ... I do paint nekkid sometimes ... nekkidness, latex paint ... could be an HNT in the making!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Speaking of nekkidness, I don't know how some of you do it. Do what you ask? Visit all of the HNT-ers each week! I try, at a minimum, to get to everyone who leaves me a comment each week, but usually sometimes I come up short on that endeavor.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

One of my blogging buddies is doing a bit of a fundraiser for National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Yes, it's another of those "send me a pic of your boobies and I'll make a donation" kind of things. Not something I would normally promote, but G-man isn't the "stereotypical" blogger that makes these kinds of requests. You can see an encore of one of my HNT shots over there today, and he'll be doing one last tribute to the boobies next week. Anyone interested in participating can read about it [HERE]. I'd encourage all of you who are so inclined to stroll on over there and surprise the crap out of him with the sudden influx of contributors. Right now, he's at a $26 dollar donation ($2/image) - $26 measly dollars!! I'd like to see him have to make at least a $50 donation!! No nudity is required (or even expected) and he'll even post your pic anonymously if you'd like!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

One last thing ...

I saw this over at Corky's Log and literally laughed out loud. Yeah ... yeah ... this is a pro-Obama video *gasp* but it really is, as Captain Corky put it, BRILLIANT! And during this time of mud slinging and name calling amongst bloggers and politicians alike, it's quite refreshing to see politics done in this way!

See more Ron Howard videos at Funny or Die

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

23 comments:

captain corky said...

Ron Howard is awesome and I don't care what anyone says, the chemistry between him and Winkler is still amazing to this day.

PS I find painting a room to be really relaxing especially with a nice 24 ounce cup of coffee.

Try to get some rest this weekend.

Anonymous said...

That was awesome! What a great video.

I hope you get some much deserved rest this weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend sweetie!
Yeah I got a middleschooler too, 8th grader, now tell me, do you guys have 3 to 4 hours of homework each night also! We are goin from 5AM till 10 PM each night!

buffalodick said...

I remember the days when my two sons had to be two different places at the same time! That part of my life was a blur...

Dana said...

Corky, Ron Howard is amazing, and I absolutely love the way he approached this!

FF, rest?? Ha!

Sweet, fortunately, we haven't seen that kind of homework load here, but the social activities are CRAZY!

tt said...

I saw that commercial on TV last night! Totally cool! I think he's still a cutie.....;)

Jormengrund said...

I've got my three all going in different directions right now.

My two younger ones are still in grade school, but they both do different extracurricular sports, so there's something going on with each of them, plus my daughter is also doing dance twice a week.

My oldest is in junior high (7th grade) and is on the wrestling team. So he's there from 8am to 5pm, when I run one younger child to a practice, then up to the school to get oldest one, then back down to get other young one to a practice, then rush to pick up young'un #2, etc..

I get to slow down about 9pm, when everyone is fed and in bed! (usually)

And to think, my wife and I are considering another one! What am I thinking?!? *wink*

Knight said...

If you are going to paint naked be careful not to get any on the nipple ring. They are not cheap to replace.

I really like how Ron Howard went about the video. It's very respectable. He doesn't look so great in a wig though.

Dana said...

Buff, something tells me that between now, and the time I allow my son to have a license, I will be seeing more and more weeks like this!

tt, I love it - absolutely love it. It even made *me* want to vote for Obama just because it was done in such a positive way.

Jormengrund, I think you must really love your wife because there is NO WAY that I would have been willing to start over again in my late 30's. But all the luck to the two of you!!

g-man said...

Holy cow it is amazing what a "rug" can do!! That was a good video, I laughed out loud too. :)

Thanks for the shout out. I'd hope to break the $50. mark too.

Jay said...

I busted out laughing when Opie put on that wig. The video is kind of hokey, but I love Howard, Andy Griffith and the Fonz so much that I enjoyed it.

Have fun painting. I actually like painting. All the prep work sucks, but it's totally worth it in the end.

Biscuit said...

That's stinkin' hilarious no matter who you're voting for.

I like to paint. I'm slow at it, but I'll help. I'll wear the same outfit and we can be twinnies :)

Here's a question I've always had about nipple rings: How do you hide it under clothes? I have perpetually hard nipple sydrome, and they show through almost all of my bras. How on earth do you hide the shape of a ring?

Real Live Lesbian said...

I'd like you and Biscuit to come down to TN and paint my bedroom....naked. I'll provide the ladders and paint! ;)

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

snugs said...

what a great video, thanks for linking to it.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I WANNA SEEEEEEEEE

Dang IT nazis!!!!!!

Have to come back later...Ron is way cool and henry is too!

I WANNA SEEEEEEEE

I normally just pour the paint over my body and rub myself against the walls...makes for interesting patterns. but that is just me

GREAT WEEKEND DEAR

Major.Sunshine said...

*points* I saw your boobs!!

lol

Not for very long though b/c I wasn't expecting a FULL set staring back at me wide eyed... and not that I really mind but I'm at work! And thankfully I'm not doing anything b/c if one of the kiddies had been peeking over my shoulder they'd have gotten a real eyefull too!!

*note to self* Only check Dana's links when at home. Okay, we're good now until I lose the stickie note!!

NICE JOB!! Standing ovation for you!!

Dana said...

Knight, my favorite thing about this video is the tone - it isn't about badmouthing - rather it is about promoting the good!

g-man, I just hope some of my readers will trust that you are really one of the good guys!

Jay, I love to paint, and the best part is that no one else in my family does, so they won't bother me!

Dana said...

Biscuit, now wouldn't that make a great HNT?!

On hiding the nipple ring? Like you, I'm a perma-hard nipple gal and often share your symptoms, however I just don't try to hide it. I figure everyone knows I have nipples anyway *shrugs*

RLL, I can still get there for $138 round trip - Biscuit??

Snugs, I was thoroughly impressed!

Dana said...

Bond, patience ... but I think you'll really enjoy it!

TRLFTP, I think I should likely put a NEW READER WARNING on my page, because clicking on any link could be hazardous - especially if you are drinking something *HOT*

cat said...

That is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time! Miss you babe, Try and have a good and relaxing weekend.

Liz Hill said...

Now THAT is an excellent video!

Have a great time relaxing this weekend sugar.

Vixen said...

Busy day! Good lord girl!

You wanna know how I visit every. single. HNT. site? I've officially made being an internet whore my full time job. ....Now if only I could find someone to PAY me to do that.... ;)

Big Kahuna said...

Hey Dana - Babushka and I have a difficult time even fitting in HNT these days, given ours kids are 15, 13 and 11. to illustrate, I got home at 11:00pm last night picking the eldest up and at 5:30am I am dropping him off again at debate, then my youngest has 3 volleyball games today.

Speaking of HNT - loved yours from this week. Looked like you could use a little help cleaning up the spill.

Gotta admit as an skeptic of BO - OK to be frank I am a skeptic of all politicians in both parties - I did really enjoy the Ron Howard video (moose - I thought they said loose). Too bad all political ads could not be this well done.