20 October 2008

Art Class

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

GACK! It's Monday, and I have nothing. No cute little Cam stories. No family drama that I am willing to share. No thought provoking posts on immigration, politics, public schools ... nothing!

I spent my weekend working on my sitting room ...
  • I bagged all of the donations for Goodwill (6 LARGE trash bags) and dropped them off
  • Went shopping for a desk and finally found one after visiting my 4th store, but also found a great desk chair and floor lamp
  • Put the desk, chair and lamp together (about a 2 hour project in itself)
  • Chose colors for the sitting room/master bedroom
  • Primered the sitting room walls for paint (one of the downsides to new construction)
I feel like I was in a brawl. My body is not only sore, but beat up - literally. I've got a knuckle buster on one hand and bruises and scrapes from head to toe! What's worse is that I cannot tell you where most of them even came from.

I was perpetually busy and am looking forward to the work week so that I can relax a bit.

I did, however, steal this from Volly. What can I say? It's Monday and I don't feel like thinking ... but drawing with my mouse? Always a little mind numbing!


drawing personality

What does your drawing say about YOU?

The results of your analysis say:

  • You tend to pursue many different activities simultaneously. When misfortune does happen, it doesn't actually dishearten you all that much.
  • You are a thoughtful and cautious person. You like to think about your method, seeking to pursue your goal in the most effective way.
  • You are creative, mentally active and industrious.
  • You have a sunny, cheerful disposition.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, maybe you can motivate me to finish painting our bedroom that I started *months* ago and quit one wall in. Ugh. I hate painting bedrooms. We have heavy furniture in there that is too hard to move.

I, too, have been cleaning out and donating to the Goodwill. I saw on our local news that Goodwill and other area thrift stores are up 5% in sales. Could that be because of me? LOL Or is it everyone has caught on to thrift store shopping? In any case, they said donations have actually been down so I'm doing my part!

Your weekend sounded very productive. Have a great Monday! It's a fresh start. :)

we're doomed said...

We had a busy weekend too. We got a lot accomplished around the house and yard. I will try the drawing thing. I hope what it says about me is kind.

buffalodick said...

We go in bursts of activity around here... no noticable bursts lately... :)

Nicey said...

Sounds like you had a productive weekend unlike mine ...
Nicey

Schmoop said...

It's great to be busy and accomplish things but knuckle cuts, bruises or abrasions take forever to heal even if they're tiny. Thye're a wicked pisser. Cheers Dana!!

Ken said...

What? you haven't got that house done yet. j/k

Dana said...

FF, I think we are all looking for ways to cut back, and thrift store shopping is a wonderful way to make that happen! Now, go paint your bedroom *wink*

Doomed, this time of year (right before the holidays) seems to be the time for finishing up household projects. Don't worry too much about the drawing ... something tells me it's the questions that follow the drawing portion that actually dictate your personality!

Buff, well, you are fortunate to have some time on your hands to manage those bursts should they come.

Dana said...

Nicey, productive yes, but not terribly fun!

Matt-Man, the dang knuckle buster is on my left hand too - and yes, I'm left handed. I think it's the most painful of the "injuries"

Micky, it was actually a comment similar to that that got me motivated. Seems someone is tiring of the color blocks I've painted on the walls - the ones I was using to decide what colors would be best.

Knight said...

You know how in fairy tales there are worker elves or mice or something helpful that does the work for you? I think they exist but what they actually do is wait until you fall asleep and then beat the crap out of you.

Nolens Volens said...

I had a fun weekend - nothing provocative to report as well. LOL

Real Live Lesbian said...

I had the inlaws. I'll take laboring on the house ANYDAY! LOL

Let's see a picture when you're finished!

Dianne said...

that's a cool drawing. and I think the analysis has a lot of true in it

"sitting room" !!!
Yo girl how white are you ;)

OK yes I am envious. I started re-doing the basement office before I hurt my foot and have been living with half completed mess and chaos since - physical chaos makes me very anxious - comes from childhood.

but still - sitting room!! LOL
You better get naked in it and take photos once it's done.

Do a naughty librarian spread (pardon the pun) on your new desk. It worked for someone else ;)

Dana said...

Knight, you sent them my way, didn't you?? All I know was that when I got in the shower this morning I almost jumped right back out!

Nolens Volens, provocative? As in naughty provocative?? *wink*

RLL, yeah ... I don't think I would have traded places with you this weekend! You might get not only a picture when it is finished, but an HNT of the process *wink*

Jay said...

My analysis says that I obviously can't draw with a mouse for shit. ;-)

Deech said...

Sometimes, you just don't really need to post anything of relevance to anyone. What you posted here today was just fine...We will read it anyway and if we comment...we comment.

Have a great week....

- said...

LOL @ Jay's comment. I thought the same for me. :) I kept messing up (lol). HA! Story of my life, though, I guess. ;)

I like your drawing & results here. Very kewl. I did it too.

I have Goodwill stuff bagged up sitting in my garage. They've been there for months now. ;( I have good intentions though. ;) But yah. My follow thru skills bite. *sigh* (giggle)

katherine. said...

we took someone else's stuff to goodwill...and helped The Teamster's Uncle move...

I'm sore too!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Come take care of my apartment next...

WHAT? Did I call you late at night and wake you for bail money??? NO

So ya owe me

bwahahahahahahahahahaha

Vixen said...

You were a busy little bee! Sounds like you got a ton accomplished though. :)

Average Chick said...

Alright...I've got 2 rooms to paint :) I'll bring the beer and paint...you bring the expertise:)

I took the drawing test and I'm with the I can't draw for nuffin with a mouse....touch pad actually....

Liz Hill said...

Just reading about it wore my illin' ass out ;-) Awesome to get it done though.

Volly said...

Hey...thanks for the wave on the drawing test!!